Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 08:57:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Reset Anyone? Started by: Bobby-Z on Jul 23, '12 21:21

Thank you, that was the type of response I was looking for. Honest. I was being a smart ass as well, so Touche!

Report Post Tip

That was meant to read, I wasnt*. i really need to proof read things :D

Report Post Tip

Well, I won't retract mine, I actually was a smart ass a couple times, but sometimes its hard to respond to people when you can tell they barely even read your post before they started typing a response. Hopefully the responses will get to the heart of the topic, instead of spewing animosity dredged up from the recent war.

Report Post Tip

reset ftw

Report Post Tip

We pretty much just had a player induced reset.

Resets here are rare, only if the programming or hardware require it. Characters are developed, "life" is created, all that jazz.

MR isn't like the other games where the players cry "RESET" and poof done. We have to clean up our own mess, be accountable for our actions, and go from scratch. To use a line I am sure many have heard.. "Can you reset real life?".

Report Post Tip

Did we not just see a user reset, or as close to one as there possibly could be? 400+ deaths, thats a pretty big death count. thats a pretty big % of the site starting again. Thats alot of bgs lost, a lot of playing hours now gone.

I hate any member of the community asking for a reset, its a pointless request, even if i did think we needed one, which i dont i wouldnt force the issue, an issue that we, as a comunity allow it to become the beast it is.

Report Post Tip

I agree that a reset is not at all a bad idea, but right now, a reset would be a waste of time. until such time as some of the major issues (BGs anyone) are resolved, reseting will just cause a new set of people to bitch loudly.

and for all those who claim we jsut had a "reset", sorry but i see the biggest gun/ maxed BGs that several people warned about become the only person left. sorry, no reset there.

Report Post Tip

Thank you to the people that are giving honest answers.

Now I am pretty sure that I made it crystal clear in my first post that I was NOT asking for a reset, or it would have been placed in suggestions forum. All I am doing is trying to start a debate about when the best TIME for a reset would be. I guess I was not as clear as I thought, since some people are still getting defensive about this.

Anyway, carry on.

Report Post Tip

Hell no. Not far off a reset as it is. The victors deserve their spoils.

Report Post Tip

Right after a war of this magnitude is probably the absolute worse time to pull a reset, if not only for the fact that the victors deserve to bask in their spoils. Besides all a reset does is calms things down for a few months until someone takes power and then the game starts all over again.

Report Post Tip

Alright, so in summary, so far, a reset would never be a viable option unless there were multiple important issues making the game nearly unplayable, with the addition of a noticable and substantial decrease in player base. I'm not the bad guy here. I can understand this completely, and maybe some others will as well.

So what we need is a brainstorm, and some contribution from anyone who can help troubleshoot integrating fixes, instead of reseting, therefore making it fair for everyone, including the ones that have worked for months.

Report Post Tip

I don't think I'm fully understanding you, are you saying the game needs to be altered? What exactly do you find wrong with the game, I'm just curious.

Report Post Tip

Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I am just blowing smoke. Was the bodyguard issue of people getting demoted so they could buy IWP changed? If not I think that is a very unrealistic issue that is being capitalized on even by people that do not agree with it. If this has been delt with already, I apologize and this whole thread was kind of dumb. I was just going by other threads I had read in the forums.

On the other hand, if i was right, and it still is an issue, I would suggest that you read a persons first post before you post in their thread. I'm pretty sure the example I gave was on the bodyguard issue.

Report Post Tip

Bobby Ive been pushing for a reset for years. I'd love to go back to a race for Made lol. God its been ages, since I've had that much fun. It would also allow the BG issues to get fixed as well so Im gonna have to vote yes to this matter lol.

Report Post Tip

Ok, we have heard lots from the no side, and only one or two on the yes side. I would love to hear viewpoints from some of the established players. I am sure they would not want a reset right now, of course, but you never know. Some of this could be seen as game changing, and some could want a fresh start if everyone was also starting fresh as well.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Reset Anyone?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL