Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:17
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Anonymous money transfers. Started by: Squishy on Jul 24, '12 21:20

You can now send and receive money anonymously. If you send to an anonymous key, both the receiver and the sender do not learn each others identities in game. This is for times when you want to coordinate outside of game the sending of money without blowing your incog.

On your banking page you will see:

Anonymous Key
e288c0e4ae4c9fc3ee9e814384e67f1f

That means if someone sends money to that key, it will be 100% anonymous.

The sender of the money gets:

(In game message)
[Your accountant makes note that $3 has been wired to anonymous recipient from your account.]

(Your Personal)
Jul 24, '12 21:16 Your accountant has made payment of $3 to an anonymous recipient.

(Your transaction register)
Squishy [Anonymous] $3 07/24 21:16

(Their transaction register)
[Anonymous] enkindle $3 07/24 21:16

(Their personal)
Jul 24, '12 21:16 Your accountant has received payment of $3 from an anonymous source.

Report Post Tip

So you have to give someone your key for them to send money to you anonymously?

I like the idea of it. But what's the point of that if you have to give the code out to people? I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Am I missing something?

Report Post Tip

If you give them the code, they enter the code instead of your name. That way you still get the money but you don't know who sent or recieved it.

Report Post Tip

I like this a LOT. Just wondering, does this also work for Credit transfers?

Report Post Tip

So are we meant to carry our code on our profile? as if you give it to someone they know its you and you know its them as they are the only ones you sent your code to, just doesn't make sense.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea too but I see where the others are coming from. By the way, who else tried to send it to themself?

Report Post Tip

Does this work with credit transfers also?

Report Post Tip

@Socrates

With credit transfers you can just click 'anonymous'

Report Post Tip

You guys are missing the point, this is for use OOC. Like in IRC or some such other avenue. You give the person the code there and they send you the money.

Report Post Tip

@TheKing

I'm not trying to sound unenthusiastic but I guess i just dont understand the point, If you give someone the code then they use it to send you money... They know who sent it, it's not really anonymous...

Unless i'm missing something and other people can look at your bank statements? like your RHM or something... But i just dont understand why you would say, 'hey send me some money anonymously, here's my code.' You get the money, it says anon but you know who it is... The only purpose i can see is if you were trying to raise money for something and you wanted to be able to have anonymous donors. I suppose just that advantage is a bit exciting, but I would like to see a system similar to the credit transfer system where it just goes to whomever you choose anonymously without the need for a code...

Or like i said, I could be overseeing another advantage.

Report Post Tip

Heres an example: Player A wants to play poker on the poker server. Player A needs to give their 100k to Mal, who runs the poker games but does not want anyone to know who they are in game. So Mal gives Player A his code and Player A can send the money without Mal knowing their in game name.

If player A were to put their key in their profile then Mal could figure out who they are. Defeats the purpose.

Also, you do not need to use IRC, another common problem in the past was a 3rd person acting as intermediary. Now that 3rd person no longer needs to handle the cash, only the key.

Report Post Tip

Ahh, thank you enkindle, I often overlook the need to be incog at times...

Report Post Tip

Wouldn't you first need to attain someone elses key in order to become anonymous?
You'd need ti message them to get it and reveal your name.... ?

Report Post Tip

I don't want to be "that guy" but wouldn't a simple fix just be to put a "send money anonymously" button?

Report Post Tip

You message them out side of the game Ed-Sheeran, that way they can keep their incog on their current game name. Though that said if I'm trusting someone with several mil then I probably trust them with my in game name too.

Report Post Tip

I don't want to be "that guy" but wouldn't a simple fix just be to put a "send money anonymously" button?
WACK! Reply Reply by: Tony-Stark at Jul 25, '12 10:07

With a send anonymously button, *I* could send money to Tony-Stark and *you* not know my name, but what if *you* want to be anonymous and get money from *me*? This system allows the receiver and sender to be anonymous from each other.

Report Post Tip

Am I correct with the assumption codes are character specific and not player specific?

Report Post Tip

Sounds to me to be more of a coffee house thing as a lot of players use their "bloodline name" more often then current IGN. Otherwise I still don't get it unless as someonelse said earlier we put it in our profile..

Report Post Tip

Maybe its so people could make real to fake money transfers. Like someone wants to sell 1mill to someone for a dollar or something. That may be against the rules at the same time im not really sure.

Report Post Tip

"Am I correct with the assumption codes are character specific and not player specific?
WACK! Reply Reply by: son_of_a_bomb at Jul 25, '12 20:29"

Your code would only work for son_of_a_bomb, and will be different code for son_of_a_bomb_jr

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Anonymous money transfers.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL