Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:02:53
Page:  1 
Stepping Into Bigger Shoes - New York Started by: SammyGarcini on Jul 27, '12 17:59

The day was grim, bodies lay left right and center as the law enforcement slacked to get the streets cleaned up after the recent massacre that stretched across the entire nation, and it still wasn't finished, Godfather PoisonousJelly was still firing shots off and trying to take anyone he could with him to the after life. As you step over the various infamous criminals bodies, you notice a man quickly duck down into a lower street level, and decide to follow him. After a few streets had passed you were now in the docks, where several other bodies lay, face down, making the ocean seem redder than the red night sky.

You look up, quickly, to see the man you had been following dart behind one of the docked boats, as he climbs aboard and ducks under the protective sheet. Again, you follow him, making your way around the boat, you can't seem to find quite how he managed to scale such a tall boat, and begin investigating.

Suddenly, you spot a hand dart out from behind the sheet, grabbing you by the collar, and another hand emerge, holding what you instantly recognise as a top of the range handgun. You start sweating, only natural in this sort of situation of course, as the face of the man you had been following reveals itself, dirty and cut up from what you assume to be war scars.

"Who the FUCK are you!? Why you following me, punk?" The man hastily says to you, in a quite whisper, but still managing to come across like he was shouting at you.

It then dawns on you, and you recognise the criminal that is mere inches away from your face. God knows why he is hiding out under a boat sheet, he was supposed to be a Crew Leader in New York City.

"S S S Sammy Garcini?" You mutter at the man, as his face drops, and he realises he has been recognised.

"You didn't see me here! You understand me? You are none the wiser to my breathing!" He scowls at you, his breath smelled as if he hadn't been near a toothbrush in days.

"Wait a minute, why are you in hiding? The last I knew, you had assumed Underboss of the New York City criminal world!" You say to the man, puzzled.

Sammy then sighs, and pulls you into the boat.

"Up until a couple of days ago, everything was fine, all was hunky dory. Then war ravaged our cities, the combined forces of Los Angeles and Las Vegas struck New York. My city head was dead, as well as our newest auth. Myself and Apples were the only people left standing in a bold suit after the initial strike"

Sammy shakes his head, as he remembers Lancelot and Galahad, taken before their time.

"Skipping forward several hours, and here I am. Apples lays dead, and I'm the only bold face left in New York. If it wasn't for the city of Philadelphia stepping in to help us now, who knows where I'd be, probably lying face down in the ocean like so many others are around us.

"PoisonousJelly is still out there, I can't let his detectives find me, I had to be stealthy, hide from them, they can't know where I am!"

Sammy then puts his weapon back into his belt strap, making you feel more at ease.

"I'm surprised you decided to follow me at such a time like this. You were none the wiser to who I was, I could've shot you dead the moment I realised you were there."

You swallow hard as you realise the mistake you had made, and were suddenly more thankful to the man sat infront of you, for not introducing a bullet to your forehead. As you begin to wonder what impact your death would've had on your family, a creaking of the docks boardwalk can be heard, and Sammy slaps you out of your little daydream.

"Did you notice anyone following you? Did you!?"

You shake your head quickly in response.

"Well, someone knows I'm here, and they've found me. Wait here, I'll deal with them."

Sammy leans over to the side of the boat, lifting the sheet ever so slightly to catch a glimpse of the man the was causing the creaking. As he recognises him, he lifts the sheet up more, and begins to smile.

"Glow! What're you doing out here? You shouldn't be in this world, kid. Your father only recently fell, god rest his soul."

"I bring good news. Deadly has just found PoisonousJelly. The last of the attackers are dead."

"No, you're lying to me, it's really over?"

"Yes, it's over, you need not hide any more."

Sammy's smile breaks into laughter. It had been almost 48 hours since the initial attack begun, he was tired and dirty, he never imagined this war would ever end, but it had, finally.

Three Days Later

Sammy was sat at his office desk, awaiting news from Deadly with what was happening to the seven cities, as his messenger boy ran in, dropping a note off at his desk, and quickly exiting. This was it, the letter he had been waiting for.

He tore the envelope at one end and slid the letter out onto his desk, picking it up and unfolding it he began to read.

"If you would like to take the job, it's yours. You are the only person New York has left, how do you feel about becoming city head?"

His face filled with glee, he had been hoping this was the news, and after such a hard time in the last week, he had finally achieved it. Though at great cost, he was now New York City Head. He quickly bowed his head to remember all the fallen New York soldiers, they truly made him the man he is today, and without each and every one of them, he probably wouldn't even be alive.

Sammy then stood up from his desk, walked outside his office where Glow was waiting for him, and walked out onto the streets of New York.

"Fellow New Yorkers, and people from all over this criminal country, I come to you today with great news. I will be taking over from Lancelot and those before him, as New York City Head.

"The position has come at great cost and thanking those people that died is simply not enough. I can't put into words how much each and every one of them means to me, they have helped me a great deal, in good times and in the bad, they deserve eternal happiness and rest."

Sammy wipes his mouth, before continuing.

"I'm not going to stand here and tell you what I plan to do with the city, my actions will speak louder than any words I can give you. Give me time, and I shall deliver, we are low on everything right now, you name it, we are low on it. Everything that is, apart from loyal and hard working members. The team of people I now have below me are the best I could wish for, and you can bet that they are going to give you great things in the coming months, and maybe even years."

Before stepping back into his Headquarters, Sammy looks over to the old Outlaws Headquarters where he spent so many months. He bowed his head for a couple of minutes in rememberance of Godfather Marston, he gave him everything he had today, and for that, he owed him his life.

"This one's for you, buddy"

Report Post Tip

The sun beat down on the neck of Glow as he walked through the cemetery. It was hot enough to roast even those 6 feet under, he thought. After the onslaught had finally subsided it was decided that the dead from each city were to be buried along their brothers and sister in one massive cemetery, each having their own individual headstone. As he walked through the isles of death, tears could not help but force their way out. Their had been so much mayhem, so much destruction. The brothers and sisters from New York had been dedicated a large piece of land in upper state New York. It took Glow nearly a half hour to find his fathers own headstone. Gideon had been Sammy's RHM before the war broke out. He had heard his father had died in a gunfight with Godfather PoisonousJelly in Los Angeles, in the thick of the fighting. That fact only made Glow stronger. His father had died a warrior, fighting for the breath of his family and city. Now, it was Glow's turn. He laid town a wreath of flowers in front of the headstone and turned towards the center of the cemetery. There were already men there laying concrete and installing the eternal flame he had designed. It stood 8 feet tall, was made out of granite, and had a gold bowl where the flame was lit and held. He had designed on for every city and had them out on trucks this morning. The dead should never be forgotten, as our spirits are eternal.

He left the cemetery and drove back to Manhattan with a few of his long time associates. As they parked the car in the parking garage of L'alleanza Leale, Don SammyGarcini stepped out to meet them.

"Glow, I have something to show you.Sammy said

Sammy handed a letter. It had the seal of the Godfather of Philadelphia. He flipped open the letter and read it quickly. He could not help but let a big grin spread across his face. His stomach turned over once then he started to compose himself again. He looked at Sammy and clasped him on the shoulder.

"So, lets go announce some good news? Glow asked as he flung the door open and let Sammy walked past him to address the crowd.

After Sammy had finished he approached again and shook his hand

"It is good to be here with you my friend, on your proudest day. It was truly though blood, sweat, and tears that you stand here today. We must always remember those that died so that we could have this opportunity. Their lives will not have ended in vain. We owe it to them to build New York back to its heyday. I know you have it in you, I believe in it. With the power of family we will endure the hardest days and the coldest nights, and we will come out on top. Salute to you Don SammyGarcini, this is going to be a wild ride.

Report Post Tip

It was a hot day in New York as Ralphie strolled the streets reliving the memories of his father and how his father taught him so much. He remembers how his father and Sammy would always be hanging out at the local bar across from there headquarters talking business and sharing laughs. When Ralphie heard of the war and saw his father was gunned down he knew he had to fill his fathers shoes. So a few days after the war Ralphie contacted Sammy and asked for his permission to join this thing of ours and live the greatness his father once had. Sammy being the loyal and kind leader he was granted permission to Ralphie.

" So here we go Sammy lets enjoy this thing of ours as a family and get back to where we were at when my father roamed these streets." 

And with that Ralphie walked into the crew headquarters amd raised a glass

" this one is for you Sammy congrats on becoming city head and I think I could speak for the crew when I say we all look forward to a great and exciting future salute my friend."

Report Post Tip

Rory had rushed to New York as soon as he had heard the news of his fathers death and had arrived briefly after the downfall of PoisonousJelly. As he walked through the streets he could smell death in the air. He visited the graveyard to pay his respect to his father and his fellow outlaws. He was distraught to see the losses on both sides but especially to the city his father had loved dearly and gave his life for. He was shot in his sleep, attacked in his home before he had chance to return fire. Rory had came to New York to contact the great figure of the underworld, SammyGarcini. he wanted to know if their was anything he could do to fill his fathers big shoes. He arrived at the L'alleanza Leale Headquarters and was shown into the Don's office. Sammy sat behind his desk, accompanied by Glow.

Rory, come in, sit down. I am so sorry for your loss, there was nothing we could do to save your father. I only wish we could've done more.

Don Garcini, my father died for a good cause and for a city he loved and for friendships he valued more than his life, but thankyou for your kind words. I have ventured here to your fair city to offer my services and to hopefully fill a small part of my fathers shoes.

Sammy looked thoughtful and smiled. After a long drawn out conversation it was decided that Rory would serve as Sammy's Left hand man, and would be an integral part of rebuilding the city. Lodgings had been arranged had been a new suit.

I am proud to serve such a wonderful leader as was my father and i'm very excited to be a part of New York's rebuilding. May New York live long and prosper!

Report Post Tip

After the death of his father PussMonkey, Ed quickly found himself thrown into the deep end in the world of the Mafia. He had seen the very best of the best fall from the top of their game and hit the ground hard, his father being one of the many fallen that gave his life for the city of New York..

Ed carefully listened to every word that SammyGarcini had to say on the day the news arrived, and although he was new to a life of crime, he vowed to be as much as if not more of a man that his father was.

Loyalty and respect were two things that none of Ed's family tree were short of, and didn't plan to be the first to be.

Ed nervously pulled SammyGarcini aside and informed him of his current situation. He explained that his father gave his life for his city.. After an hour or so talking and two hours of waiting, Sammy finally sent one of his associates to take me on board but after just 4 days, Ed was proving to be more than just an associate and was proving to be twice the man his father had been..

Although it hadn't been long sinse Ed had been working with Sammy, they could already see that Ed was destined for big things.. And with a person such as SammyGarcini working above him, Ed knew he was in the right hands to get there..

Now that ed finally felt comfortable with who and where he was, he thought it only right that his CL knew how appreciated he is and always be..
The night grew darker and the streets more deserted as Ed tipped his hat to Sammy and headed off into the night, still thinking about the people who were both killed and effected by the recent war, knowing that his heart will always be devoted to the city of New York.

Report Post Tip

War is always bad for business...always has been and always will be.This recent war has brought too much bloodshed too all the cities and the huge responsibility of rebuilding them falls to the shoulders of the victors.Indeed my boos is right...it is a bigger shoes to fill in and just like wearing a big shoes...it makes it hard to make a step.I know we have a lot of work to do to make this city great once more and I will give all that can to help n the rebuilding process.I have great confidence in my boss and I know he can pull us through.Long live N.Y.

Report Post Tip

Jack walks over to Sammy to congratulate him on stepping up as the new city ohead of New York

You know its a tradgey what happen recently on all sides. I will say war has ups and downs but so does everything these days. None the less though congrats on stepping up and taking charge. I'm sure I can speak for everyone waiting to see what lies in stores for New York under you control.

Jacks walks back into the streets to visit old friends

Report Post Tip

It had been many generations since Spiels' bloodline had walked the streets of New York.  Wars had taken his ancestors to other cities, including Detroit and Chicago.  Spiels was barely a man when the last war broke out, his father moving up the ranks, but hardly the mobster of his grandfather and great grandfather.  When Spiels' father, Joseph_Profaci, was killed, he knew it was time to go back to his roots.  Back to the old stomping grounds of his families past.  Good ol New York.  And how fortunate he was.  After the dust had settled there was only one man standing, SammyGarcini, a truely great leader and the perfect person to bring New York back to their glory days.  As soon as he heard that Sammy would be the new head of NY he rushed back to HQ to offer his congratulations.

I raise my flask to a great boss, SammyGarcini!  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to come back to this great city.  I look forward to doing whatever I can to help you, your family and everyone in this great city. 

Report Post Tip

Upon hearing the news, Roman raises his glass to signal his congrats.

I can't say that I'm very familiar with what happened before, but nonetheless, congratulations to our boss.  I still appreciate the opportunity you gave to me and I know that New York will prosper well with you at the top.

Report Post Tip

Tommy jr. walks down the street stumbling on the hundreds of cartridge cases littering the ground all around him. Occasional gunshots can still be heard at a distance, though even those are becoming more and more rare... the war is coming to an end... we have won.  He walks past a burned up car wreck probably a result of one of the countless car bombs that have gone off lately. At the nearby alley is a young man lying in a pool of his own blood, "yeat another victim of the insanity that has sweeped  across our great nation" Tommy thinks to himself.  Finally he arrives at his destination, the headquarters of  L'alleanza Leale. Tommy takes a soothing breath and knocks on the door.  peephole opens and a guard hails behind the door  "yeah what do you want?!" "My name is Tommy jr. I'm a son of Tommy Gunner. I wonder if I could speak with Don Garcini?" "Let him in!" a third voice shouts deep within the compound. Tommy steps in past the heavily armed guards and climbs up a narrow staircase. At the top of the staircase he finds himself face to face, not with SammyGarcini, but Glow Sammy's right hand man.  "I'm sorry Sammy isn't here. He is still laying low. With him being the only crew leader left in New York and all, we wouldn't want anything happend to him now at moment of our victory, ain't that right. But I'll hear you out if there is something you need" "Indeed there is something I must ask you sir. My father Tommy_Gunner was always loyal to Don Garcini and for that loyalty he was shot down at  our front porch while returning from an overnight trip to the countryside.  This war has left my mother a widower with five children and I don't know how she'll manage... money wise that is. So I was hoping you could give me some work... help me earn enough of a living to care of my brothers and sisters."    "Is that it? In that case I must say that... it would be an honour to have you work for us Tommy jr" "Oh thank you! Thank you dear sir! And thank Don Garcini in my stead. You won't regret this I promise." Few days later SammyGarcini walks up to the streets to annouce that he is now the official leader of New York. In the midst of the thunderous applause that followed the annoucment Tommy makes his way to SammyGarcini  "Congratulations sir you have trully deserved this honour. I hope your reign is long and prosperous."

Tommy jr. walks down the street stumbling on the hundreds of cartridge cases littering the ground all around him. Occasional gunshots can still be heard at a distance, though they are becoming more and more rare... the war is coming to an end... we have won. He walks past a burned up car wreck probably a result of one of the countless car bombs that have gone off lately. At the nearby alley is a young man lying in a pool of his own blood,

"yeat another victim of the insanity that has sweeped across our great nation" Tommy thinks to himself. 

Finally he arrives at his destination, the headquarters of  L'alleanza Leale. Tommy takes a soothing breath and knocks on the door. A peephole opens and a guard shouts behind the door 

"yeah what do you want?!"

"My name is Tommy jr. I'm a son of Tommy Gunner. I wonder if I could speak with Don Garcini?"

"Let him in!" a third voice shouts deep within the compound.

Tommy steps in past the heavily armed guards and climbs up a narrow staircase. At the top of the staircase he finds himself face to face, not with SammyGarcini, but Glow Sammy's right hand man. 

"I'm sorry Sammy isn't here. He is still laying low. With him being the only crew leader left in New York and all, we wouldn't want anything happend to him now at moment of our victory, ain't that right. But I'll hear you out if there is something you need"

"Indeed there is something I must ask you sir. My father Tommy_Gunner was always loyal to Don Garcini and for that loyalty he was shot down at our front porch while returning from an overnight trip to the countryside. This war has left my mother a widower with five children and I don't know how she'll manage... moneywise that is. So I was hoping you could give me some work... help me earn enough of a living to take care of my younger brothers and sisters."   

"Is that it? In that case I must say that... it would be an honour to have you work for us Tommy jr"

"Oh thank you! Thank you dear sir! And thank Don Garcini in my stead. You won't regret this I promise."

Few days later SammyGarcini walks up to the streets to annouce that he is now the official leader of New York. In the midst of the thunderous applause that followed the annoucement Tommy makes his way to SammyGarcini 

"Congratulations sir you have trully deserved this honour. I hope your reign is long and prosperous."

Report Post Tip

I was lucky not to have ended up a side note in some detectives logbook. For what seemed like just a brief, wildly chaotic moment, men were being assassinated on coffeeshop patios, shot at the wheels of their cars, and left bullet-ridden in speakeasies behind restaurant kitchens. I had worked with, and for, some of these men. Others, I had known about, heard about. War had left business in tatters. I was glad to see Garcini had kept himself safe - 'safe' being a precarious way of describing eluding the hot breath of death on your neck when you find youself in any position of note in the mob - and once nervous silence had swallowed the cackling of gun shots and mourning had replaced the ambition that preludes and drives any war, any struggle for power, news began to spread quickly of his ascension to power. Hell, I was as glad as any man could be to be alive and to still be offered the kind embrace of opportunity. Garcini had a key role to play in lifting New York out of the ashes and I looked forward to greeting the day this war became a footnote in this family's history. Johnny, one of the bartenders at one of the crews less-popular speakeasies, placed a glass equal parts ice and water in front of me. He was a civilian, but a good guy. Trustworthy. It'd take three lifetimes of interrogation to get even my middle name out of him.

"You not at your bosses get together?", he asked through the side of a wide grin, referring to Garcini's announcement.

"He knows where I stand", I replied, taking a long sip of water to soften my parched throat. Summer days.

"And where's that?", he responded in his thick Irish drawl, prodding facetiously.

I offered a smile in return but didn't answer. Johnny knew. There's a certain romance about loyalty.

Report Post Tip

Toby pauses for all his dear friends who passes away in the recent war. After a solemn moment, Toby looks up and smiles at the wonderful events taking place before him. 

Sammy, I have know you for a long time. We have worked with one another many times in the past and I can not think of a more qualified person to head a city. 

I would wish you luck, but I know you don't need it. I'm looking forward to seeing all the good things to come out of New York in the future.

Congrats Boss.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stepping Into Bigger Shoes - New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL