Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 03:36:12
Page:  1 
The Birth of a Gentleman! Started by: The_Gent on Jul 30, '12 13:19

TheGent looks at the crowd gathering in the streets and finds the right moment to speak up...

"Good day everyone... ladies, gentlemen! I can see some of you are reluctant to listen to what i have to say.
Part of it is because of this scar... and another part is what you have heard of me so far."

TheGent points at his scar on his left cheek and smiles...

"Well, along with any other scar... this is always a story. And here's mine, i figured it would be best for me to say it here.
So... then you can set your own opinion on the kind of man that i am. One thing is true... i am no softy no sir. Not one bit...
but... understand, that i am always a gentleman in my own ways."

TheGent takes a cigar out of his overcoat pocket and lits it with a match. Takes a few poufs, to get it going nicely.
And drags in a few deep breaths so he can taste the tobacco and blows out the big clouds of white smoke...

"Yes... this scar... damn... i do wish it was'nt there. But it's there alright... yes, it's there and haunts me in my own dreams.
I often almost cut myself shaving with the memories it brings up to my mind. Creeping up like a vulgar thief creeping the staircase to a
rich man's bedroom. Damn..."

Gent pauses a moment and recollects his memories...

"When i was a young lad... about 12 years of age i would say. My father often took me with him at the mississippi docks.
To empty up the crates and have all the goods shipped to their rightful owners. My father was a very proud man... and... did have his own troubles.
Rent was often pass overdue and not enough food on the table for the three of us. I was a lonely child, did not have many friends.
My father was my friend... he took me fishing when he could afford it. But eventualy his troubles overcame his common sense.
So he made a few bets with people he should not of trusted. Eventually... they caught up with him...."

Gent wipes his brow and looks at the crowd with a serious look on his face...

"On a stormy day... three men came over our house and held a gun to my fathers head. Told us to get dressed because we were going for a ride.
Then they blindfolded all of us... i felt the bumps on the road as they crossed them but i was disoriented. None of us could tell where we were.
They eventually stopped the car and took us to a basement. Then sat the three of us under a spotlight and removed our blindfolds.
Our hands and feet were firmly tied together with ropes. I still feel them on my wrists..."

Gent looks at the crowd and starts to smile...

"You know... a scar... will help you remember things. A lot of things... so when i got older, i asked around. I asked around about the creep
that cold bloodedly killed both my parents right in front of my eyes. And he also carried a stiletto knife... it was quiet helpful in carving this
masterpiece i carry on my face. But i got even... i got even yes indeed!"

Gent poufs out more smoke and his face becomes serious again, his eyes grew dark... he continued the story as people were in trance, listening to it.
Gent was older... 17... 18... it did not really matter. His face looked much older, he was in the docks again. More precisely... in a warehouse full of crates.
There was indeed a spotlight... but the person under it was much older now... it was him, the knife carver. Gent managed to find him and get him where he wanted him.
His new family got his back now... Neon, Ladyfighter... and Townslave, responsable for getting him his new home. Townslave was his friend now, his father passed over.
Now he needed another friend, someone he can rely on. And... oh yeah, Townslave was there for him. They have found the creep that ruined his youth, took away his life.
His face... anger boiled the blood in his veins. He was pounding his fist hard on the man in the chair... the creep.

Gent has now taking his listeners to the day of the event, the one where he has gotten even... and can now move on with his own life!

"You see theses... they are not knives. Knifes makes scars... these will break every bone in your damn body. I will beat you to a pulp you hear me!"
Gent started pounding and pounding... he could hear Townslave trying to talk sense into him. But emotions were much too strong at the moment.

"Gent!" Yells Townslave... but Ladyfighter was there as well and she motioned Townslave to leave Gent be a while. After a few more hits... Gent began to cool down.
He was getting tired and the guy was almost dead. He was coughing and spitting out blood. It was a matter of minutes now.

Townslave looks at Ladyfighter...

"I know Gent seems like a tempered person, but I will have him under my wing. I will teach him to keep his cool."

Ladyfighter looks at Townslave and replies...

"I know... i know you can help him. He is your reponsability, you see what i mean? I need to head back home, i will let the boss know what went on tonight.
Oh... remember to clean up this mess when you leave. Don't leave anything behind to link us to this!"

"We won't boss, thankyou for your trust."

Ladyfighter just nods and starts to walk to her car. As suddenly hears a gun fire and just keeps on walking with a smile on her face.
Later on... there was a big splash to be heard on the coast of mississipi waters. TheGent and his new friend Townslave heads back to their headquarters.

"And that was all that happened that night... and the younger years when i was a lad. So you see... there is a moral to all of this.
If you are killing a man, or woman... be a gentleman or lady about it. Don't do it in front of the people they love... do it in private. Not in their backs... but
somewhere private... where they can understand the proper way of doing things. And maybe... people will forget in time, instead of feeding onto the past and realising their own vendettas."

TheGent smiles at the crowd and waits for their response...

"Well, that is a little about myself that i wanted to share with you. I hope you have enjoyed my story, for it is a true story. And now... i live the good life in Philly. Here's to life! Salut!"

TheGent raises a glass of whiskey... he is happy now!

Report Post Tip

Spiels listens to The_Gent as he tells his story.  As the story comes to an end he quickly moves to the front and extends his hand to greet the storyteller.

Very nice to meet you Gent.  Can I call you Gent?  I've always had a facination with scars.  Every one of them have their own story, but most people are reluctant to tell the story behind them.  If I would have heard you telling a different story I probably would not have heard much of what you said.  I would have been thinking to myself...."man, that guy has an impressive scar.  Whatever happened to him damn near took out his eye."  But since you told of scar i now know your story and will listen to any story you tell in the future.  You earned that scar, my friend.  Sorry you had to go thru that.  But the moral of your story is a good one.  People tend to hold onto vendettas for a long time. 

Good day, sir, and thanks for the story.

With that spiels heads up the street to find the nearest watering hole.

Report Post Tip

Gent shakes spiels hand and smiles...

"Why thank you Mr.spiels for commenting on my story, yes every scar does have its own story. Behaps i will bring up other stories that come to mind. Holding on to vendetta's is never the wisest things. As time goes by, things change and people change. I will always believe that!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Birth of a Gentleman!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL