Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:42:16
Page:  1 
"writers needed " Started by: TheRider on Jul 31, '12 01:37

Hello everyone.
I am thinking about have a newspaper crew. I am needing people who get the articles and put the stories and news together. If you are interested or may be interested please inform me.
Thanks ~TheRider~

Report Post Tip

Could we perhaps know a little more about the newspaper you plan on putting together?

For example, what sort of newspaper is it? Comedic? Mature? etc etc

How often do you plan on publishing it? Weekly? Bi-Weekly? etc etc

Both important questions when asking for writers, we need to know what we are getting into!

Report Post Tip

all this is from therider,,the newspaper is for all topics' or events,story-line,anyone can post in it also,through me.new paper posted weekly,contact TheRider,,,

Report Post Tip

Anthony takes notes. Laughs out loud, and writes down some more stuff.

Report Post Tip

It's been quite some time since my line has been on these streets.

Have there been any papers in recent memory that have been highly regarded by the community?

If so, does anyone have any old editions lying around? I'd love to catch up on some historical events.

Report Post Tip

Raises his hand with maybe the most important question of all time!!!

"Yes thank you. Cookies? Are there cookies involved? I love me some freaking cookies. That and bird feed. Hook it up with some bird feed and you may have yourself a writer."

Stoned and confused, Chicken walks (while talking to himself) straight into the local butchery. Poor Chicken.

Report Post Tip

Can I write an article teaching people how to spell and use punctuation marks?

Report Post Tip

My grandpa floated this idea some time ago - it's a good idea but would need the backing of all leaders.

I'd be happy to head it up

Report Post Tip

I fail to understand the notion of a "Newspaper crew". Are you a journalist or a mafioso?

If you want to be one and not the other, then I can understand having a "crew", but this would be something you'd be better approaching City Hall about, not appealing to the leaders of our world. The leaders have no reason to allow talent to leave their family for the sake of sitting idle in some other random family full of their fellow writers.

Anyone that wishes to be a Journalist and simply write a newspaper is welcome in my opinion, but certain expectations should be held as to not only the standard of said newspaper, the frequency of it being published and the ethics of the stance that its editor may take. It would need to be, imo, at least weekly, form no bias to any one city/family and of a high standard to justify any time that City Hall put into making such things available.

I would suggest if this was something someone seriously considered as a career move, a full detailed explanation of Pro's and Cons should be written up and placed over in that alley named "Game Suggestions".

If only the Gwarble was still around. His newspaper was a joy to read.

Report Post Tip

Ok, Tyrion, let's be pedantic.  A newspaper gang/group/office/collective/Kibbutz/quartet/Jazz Trio etc

Happy now?

*Looks around for his sand remover to give to Tyrion*

Report Post Tip

So what your saying is, you want to run a crime family, and see your only way of managing this is by pretending your going to run a newspaper "crew"? Hate to burst the bubble here, but Wisdom (aptly named..) hasn't yet displayed any ability to run such a family. Well, not what I've saw anyway. Mike would be the one to make the crucial call on that one for the sake of Chicago of course, but for the sake of this thing of ours, when you put your name forward to try and run such an establishment in the name of all mafioso, I feel like I should rightly voice an opinion on it. Sorry again if that doesn't suit your narrow mind.

Report Post Tip

My mind, Tyrion, is as open as it is engaged and impressive.  That is: very.

Your mind...  Well, let's say that is not unlike the Warrior moniker that you claim: basic.

I am saying that an amalgamation of writers does not need to be a structured crime family.  They don't even need to be in the same city.

Have you used the sand remover yet?

Report Post Tip

I am saying that an amalgamation of writers does not need to be a structured crime family. They don't even need to be in the same city.

So, your saying your previous claim to head up a Crime family solely of writers is now redundant? No longer required? Wow, that was quick.

You fail time and again to see my point. I love writers, I want more of them. I however want them to be worthy of actually having their place in society, I don't want half arsed efforts thrown in my face.

As annoying as you can often be, effort is never something you lack. Intelligence, maybe. But never effort.

Report Post Tip

On the contrary, I am defined by my lack of effort.  If I tried, I'd rule a city.  The last time my bloodline tried, they did.

Report Post Tip

Becoming leader of an experiment is somewhat of a hollow victor when talking about ruleing a city.

I'm not entirely discounting it, I know that effort is involved, but earning your move and building a city from scratch whilst your in charge of it is an entirely different job to surviving long enough to call yourself city head.

My bloodline have gone through both methods and each his its merits, but ultimately the most rewarding one was being afforded a city to build from scratch based solely on your achievements as a leader, instead of as I said, simply surviving long enough to call yourself city head of an experiment.

(Only paradox in this I see is DeadlySin. He would clearly have won the Las Vegas Experiment, but did enough to merit the chance to move to Philly and build his own city. I'm sure if asked he would agree that moving to Philly and building from scratch was a tough task, but a rewarding one)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: "writers needed "
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL