Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:42:15
Page:  1 
Perfect opportunity for progress. Started by: Countdown on Aug 01, '12 19:23

There has been much said about the recent "turmoil" that has unfolded into our fair cities. A hell of a lot of it is negative. At the moment, I'm wondering if I'm the only one who see's the plus sides here. People causing uproar in the coffeeshops and other places within our reaches about the lack of bolds, or seemingly inactivity of the current set of leaders of dealing with the problems.

PROGRESS THEY WANT, THEY MUST HAVE IT NOW.

They didn't get it, so they lashed out. A perfectly normal reaction in our world, so normal I was surprised to see the reaction of shock by some people. They were recoiling in horror at events that occurred or words that were said.

From where I'm stood this is a perfect opportunity for those that are already Made+ to show what they're made of. They may not get to lead a family like they wish but the chance is here to make an impression on their respective bosses. A chance to plant themselves in the minds of their leader for future reference. All those that think they'll never get their chance to rise to the top I emplore you to do yourself a favour and show people you are a shining light that can push your city and this world forward!

There is no better time than in the face of carnage and turmoil for a hero to rise.

With so much pressure on the current set of leaders, they will be looking for people to relieve that pressure, even if they are going to auth someone else down the line. Take New York as a perfect example, Malicious may not get to keep his new shiny suit, but if he does a good job I'm pretty sure he will be in Mr. Garcini's mind for future positions that may arise.

If I was the type to push my ideas onto my own Godfather, I may suggest to him that as we're in the strongest position right now, we send one of our most trusted (Made+) over to another city as a temporary auth, just to bring another option to the table... maybe even get a look at a fresh face just for future reference... luckily for him, I'm not the type to do this... haha :)

'Tis not all doom and gloom ye merchants of darkness, through the stormy clouds, a light shall shine.

Report Post Tip

You're absolutely right. No one likes going from their comfort zone into turmoil and states of change, but it's from those states that more opportunities arise. It just takes the right person/people.

Report Post Tip

People are always going to moan when things change, over my years I've been known as quiet the moaner when it comes to my fathers deaths in suspicious, or even in non-suspicious circumstances. It's a natural human emotion and as much as everybody else hates to see it, sometimes you just can't help but convey that emotion.

I do however agree with you that from the ashes the phoenix will rise. Where things seem bleakest, the only way is up. We saw ourselves in a very bleak time, when half of the criminal population was slain. Some people saw no bright horizon, some people decided to leave notes for their sons, telling them not to bother with this life, it's just the way things go sometimes.

We are on the road to recovery though, we can, as a nation and a community, pull through this. There may be things stood in our way and obstacles blocking our path, but we can knock the bastards down and pull through to the end!

I'm sure that in the coming days and weeks we will all show how much we can pull through and deliver our full potential, it's just a matter of time.

I couldn't have asked for better members at a time like this. Each and every one of them has been completely understanding and just overall, amazing. I couldn't thank them enough for the commitment they have shown me, even when it would've been quiet easy for them to just not bother.

I applaud every single person who is fighting for this world to bring it back to it's current state.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Perfect opportunity for progress.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL