Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 00:08:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Wanna keep that hand?!? Started by: The_Dean on Aug 06, '12 00:30

Mafioso shouldn't steal from each other. BUT if you want to train your pick pocketing skills for the associated rewards, I don't have a problem with somebody asking "Hey, can you look the other way and see if you can feel me picking your pocket?".

It's all in how you word the question, I guess. And since many CLs won't get involved in petty argument such as the ones over PPing, I don't PP people who threaten to mug just because I am on my own.

Even as a city head I wouldn't do it, because the friction that is caused by you then having to shoot the goomba from another city for mugging you is not worth it. Maybe that means the lowly goomba wins, but it seems we are the new school where every rank deserves respect and there is no pecking order like in the old days.

I mean, there is a pecking order, but maybe just to get a crew and to make money and other things, but for far fewer than before.

Report Post Tip

When and if I want to work on my "skill", I will arrange with others who I trust and want to work on theirs as well, and either pay them to help me, or let them reciprocate. I even thought of setting up a training facility with a members list, although I will have to talk to my superiors first. This could possibly eliminate some of the problems this topic obviously unearths. 

Report Post Tip

It's possible that this has become the most kicked horse this world has ever seen. I dont think a month goes by that someone doesnt stand on the nearest street corner offering their two cents on it. While we all appreciate street activity, the redundancy of this has gotten out of control.

Report Post Tip

Whether it has been started 5 times, or five million times, it is still obviously sparking a debate. If you don't wish to be a part of these discussions, all you have to do is walk away from the corner and not bother with us. As for those that do want to talk about it, they are more than welcome to, no?

Report Post Tip

You're spot on good sir. May the horse kicking continue!

Report Post Tip

Dino DeLuca came from the shadows and stood before The Dean. He had been listening to what this guy had to say on the matter of dipping hands in his pockets. He came across as a hard faced bastard but there was more to him than meets the eye.

"I know where you are coming from Dead. Me personally? I'm a friendly guy unless I'm crossed, in which case I'll bash someone's fucking skull in and make them disappear out in Jersey somewhere, never to be found again."

Dino retreated a few steps then continued talking to The Dean.

"I don't really mind someone wiggling their hands in my pockets, aslong as they have a good feel and give me back whatever they take, and I'll be happy to do the same to them. Chances are I'll do more feeling than taking but that's besides the point. But I know what you mean. People should really have the respect of asking for money instead of just taking. It just ain't right. Unless they are okay with you doing it. Which most people aren't."

Report Post Tip

The_Dean had let the topic steep like a rich tea, and decided all areas still had not been explored. He sparked another cuban and shared some new thoughts.

A couple things have occurred in the last while, and although concerning the same topic, they have sparked new questions and deserve some thought. We've debated so far with the assumption that the person doing the pickpocketing was not in your own crew; but what if they were?

Unless the city rules state otherwize, crew members have been known to pick each others pockets, some ask, some don't. I would think that a crew member would be even MORE sympatetic to your wishes on this controvercial subject; and if they aren't, should suffer the consiquences like anyone else. Mugging is debillitating, but 100% reactionary. To avoid it 100% of the time, all you have to do is NOT attempting to pickpocket those that don't wish it.

The_Dean leans back to enjoy his cuban while waiting for anyone to reply.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Wanna keep that hand?!?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL