Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 06:05:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
To those being swayed. Started by: Countdown on Aug 09, '12 17:31

First off, I'll declare that this poster was not pinned up here because of any sort of hearsay/rumours/coffeeshop talks. It is purely because... well... the old me (my bloodline) might have indeed been swayed by the recent events into thinking there was some sort of grandeur to be gained by doing what the recent spate of rogues have done.

But let's be clear and realistic here.

Yes, the recent rogues have been better than previous attempts at notoriety. They have killed all sorts of ranks and even a couple of fresh crewleaders. They have been very organised and clever with their planning, meaning that... there are some (perfectly legitimate) tactics to use when going rogue that give you the best chance of achieving whatever goals you may have and the recent problems we've had have stemmed from these people being at the very top of their game in using these tactics. Even if a few of their kills are due to people either not listening to their bosses (by not returning to the heavily fortified HQ's) or just thinking they're safe enough.

However, it's not all fun and games. Right now we are recovering from an epic war that wiped out a HUGE proportion of our active population. This place is very fragile at the moment as there are very few ultra-strong characters and a whole lot of mid-level gangsters. This, in turn is a perfect breeding ground for the rogues we have seen as there is a lot of the population well within reach of most people's skills with the gun there is also the point that some big bloodlines of our world are either lowly ranked or heavily under-protected. Let's not forget that eventually this time WILL pass. No matter what the rogues have done, the cities are getting stronger by the day. Sure, they have taken some hits along the way, but all this does in my eyes is prolong the amount time we have until the next monster war as it's going to take time to get ready before launching an attack on another city.

There are VERY few hitters amongst us and just as few bodyguards amongst us, so the amount of bodies we have chasing these rogues is spread fairly thin as 7 cities need to be covered. Soon though... that number of hitters will grow, that number of bodyguards will grow and we will have more hitters in more cities whenever a rogue decides to rear its ugly head.

Now is not the time to be joining these underground groups, that time has passed. The people doing it at the moment are very smart and will also know that sooner or later, their damage is going to be so limited that they might as well suck it up, straighten themselves out and form real persona's of their bloodlines who can maybe do a whole lot more damage further down the line.

A lot of their angst and turmoil will begin to wear off as time brilliantly does.

Now is the time to prove yourself to your respective crew leaders and city heads by becoming a vital cog in the machine and helping rid of these dirty scoundrels.

Remember kids, say NO to EMO.

Report Post Tip

Cool story, bro.

Report Post Tip

You have swayed me to join their cause.

Report Post Tip

hahaha, my thanks to both of you from the "sour grape union"... you just won me 200k ;)

I had a bet how long it would take one of you morons to write some drivel and won!

I am in both your debts.

Report Post Tip

Whoa "Sour Grape Union"? I don't know if I can handle such biting wit. Did it take you all night to come up with that one?

I suppose I should just be thankful it wasn't something worse like the "Stick In the Mud Conglomeration".

Report Post Tip

All night? You guys practically wrote it yourself with your hissy fits in the coffeeshops and lashing out with these rogues. ;)

Report Post Tip

It won't be the hands and the leaders that will fall.

It won't be the big hitters who they protect or their buddies that they drop down to Thug and insanely protect.

It will be you. The unsung heroes of a family, the earners who reach Don, the Consigs and the Bosses without big guns. It will be you who gets shot whilst your leaders protect themselves. It will be you who becomes the target because they protect themselves. It will be you that will take the fall for them.

Take this for what it is, bullshit. These leaders will never protect you unless you want to build a formidable gun and fight for them. No other skills are valued and for this very fact it is you who will die. We will always be able to reach you whilst they seek to insanely protect themselves.

If you become the vital cog, make sure you get your reward of masses of bodyguards. Otherwise, when we are done working through our list of Brotherhood blasphemers, we'll be coming for you.

Report Post Tip

You're forgetting Argon... to stay out of the reaches of you it wouldn't take someone to be insanely well protected.

Report Post Tip

No denying that.

It will take more than "protected" or "well protected" though and how many people ever get that?

Report Post Tip

How many times have we ever had successful-ish rogues? ;)

Times change.

Report Post Tip

Come come my dear friend countdown, I found a lovely bar in Chicago I think the owner is from Ireland and he has a wonderful line in bitters they go down a treat.

Care to join me for a pint?

From what I'm told a lot are well on their merry way from drinking in the coffeeshops

Report Post Tip

Whoa "Sour Grape Union"? I don't know if I can handle such biting wit. Did it take you all night to come up with that one?

Reply by: Euro at Aug 09, '12 17:42

Cool story, bro.

Reply by: Euro at Aug 09, '12 17:34

Hm..

Report Post Tip

As business remains at a complete standstill with everyone ordered to remain grounded in their home cities, do you really think these leaders can protect you? These leaders whose strategy has been "sit behind the wall and let your family members die"? I mean, we've beaten their efforts to kill me 11 times in a row.

I'll say that again, this isn't just a lucky shot or two we are talking about here, this is 11 times straight.

Eventually they'll get me and maybe it'll be on the next attempt. However, when the next of my brothers replaces me, do you want to gamble that you won't be on the receiving end of one of the ten shots we do get off?

If you don't, make your apology and we'll let you live.

Otherwise...

Report Post Tip

Townslave hears Argon's desperate words and begins to wonder how sane he is. He only asks for an apology for only he knows what reasons. Townslave takes out his clip from his gun and pulls out a knife. He etches "I'm sorry" on the bullet. Returning the bullet to the clip, he replaces the clip back into the gun. Townslave cocks his gun.

Report Post Tip

For anyone keeping count, that is 14 times in a row (or more than 24 hours if you prefer) that the leaders and their entire crews haven't managed to beat my pro wackers.

All they have to offer is a disappointing threat from one of the few they insanely protect. Enjoy those bodyguards Townslave, whilst you're out here sitting pretty behind them, your family members and their allies are paying the price.

I think it would be appropriate to etch a similar message on the wreaths for all the funerals.

Report Post Tip

Townslave begins to wonder how this man knew what he etch on his bullet. Could he have been standing over his shoulders? Its almost like he knows exactly wnats going on everywhere. Continuing to listen to the man with his words knowing that their beliefs were not exactly on the same page.

Townslave just keeps staring at the man silently waiting for him to make a move.

Report Post Tip

Chuck once again slipped his handlers and left the safety of the car. He didn't know why he kept doing this, apparently Chuck loved danger (Not too much mind, he still wouldn't leave the sanctuary of New York) but nonetheless when told to stay in the car Chuck rarely did resulting in a whole variety of slapstick comedy moments.

Mr Argon, At the risk of incurring your wrath what is it your Brotherhood actually want?

The people you are fighting against, the ones hidden behind walls with army’s of bodyguards are the ones who are safe as you have pointed out on a few occasions. It is the ones like me and my dead friend Kerouac who will ‘pay the price’ and be targeted. But what does that achieve?

If my son follows me into this life of crime he’ll still have to join a family to survive, and then he can become a target again for the Brotherhood because I lack the means to leave money behind in a will for him? Then on the flipside, if I don’t join a family, I’ll be shot at anyway.

I’m not sure how I can win here, if I indeed can win at all.

Report Post Tip

These leaders will never protect you unless you want to build a formidable gun and fight for them. No other skills are valued and for this very fact it is you who will die. We will always be able to reach you whilst they seek to insanely protect themselves.

You know, I was going to let a lot of this idle chit chat go, until I saw this ramble of complete and utter nonsense. What do you think I spend countless millions on to do inside my walls of PH? Do I sit here and train my bodyguards up? No, do I sit here and bodyguard up my godfather or his hand? No. I am sitting here, protecting my family from people like you, except I'm protecting them all at once rather than one individual with bodyguards. I have invested into fortifications, I guess ignorance really is bliss.

SquidMaster tips his hat and walks off into the alleys...

Report Post Tip

The fortifications work, it's just a shame some people don't listen or we weren't able to wake them from their slumber before Argon could do his damage.

Nonetheless, by the time these people are ready to go again, we will be even further down the line and built up strength of our own. We will be better prepared for their next shot of infamy. Each time this happen, they will do less and less damage.

First it was the East Coast vs West Coast war, then a couple of weeks later they couldn't do as much damage with their rogues. Next time they will do even less damage. It will be a long hard process but in the end there is only one outcome and I think we all know what it is.

Report Post Tip

-DayMan- walks in seeing there is serious talk going on about the recent "rogue infestation"

I defeated the NightMan and fear no rogue. 

I, The -DayMan-, is who these rogues should fear.

-DayMan- casually walks back out into the darkness chuckling while singing his theme song

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: To those being swayed.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL