Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:14:31
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Crew chat Started by: Squishy on Aug 09, '12 23:37

The message board feature is a in game instant chat created to improve and facilitate communication between leaders, upper structure and members of the same family.

You can find this feature located on top of the 60 second list in every page of the game. The message board consists at the most of 5 lines of chat at the same time, with the older lines disappearing as the chat continues.

To utilize this feature simple click on the + sign to open your text box, that will allow you to type your message and press enter to send it to your family. Rules regarding the usage of the message board will be defined by each crewleader.

There won't be any options to turn this feature off considering that leaders will use this as a fast way to communicate and make requests to their members who are online.

This chat is "almost live", updating every page load or every 15 seconds. Chats only are displayed for 15 minutes, unless you click the +4 hour button when you submit the chat. This is because many chats are time sensitive "need locals on bob NOW!" versus ones that should stay longer "Keep wacking at Bobs BGs"

Report Post Tip

Lame. Definitely needs to be a shut off option, as many have said in my own chat already. How's this going to work for mobile?

Report Post Tip

Shut off feature? Once your family regulates it, then there is no reason that it would need to be shut off. Right now I am sure it will be used for fun and regular BS, but soon people will get used to it and use it for official stuff. I would hate for people not to be notified of important things because they have it turned off.

Report Post Tip

yes, definitely needs a toggle off as it is annoying on every page

Report Post Tip

I love it! Just wished it didn't stretch the entire length of the screen. I'd find it far more awesome if it were a smaller box at the side of the screen underneath the 'Time & Date'. Nonetheless.. I do love it!

Report Post Tip

I love this new feature!

Report Post Tip

this is unreal.

Report Post Tip

A great Addition to the game. Love IT :)

Report Post Tip

I love this new feature! I was never able to get on IRC with mobile, therefore this could come in handy!

Report Post Tip

This is an amazing addition. Thanks lots Squishy!

Report Post Tip

It's useful, but yeah my mobile hates it :P

Report Post Tip

I like it.. but maybe a smaller box.. somewhere else.. different format (just bringing a problem no solution I know)

Report Post Tip

great add to the game

Report Post Tip

Couldn't you add a box for CL/hands to thick about some "official message" that cannot be ignored, contrary to other messages which would be possible to ignore with an option somewhere ? That way, people using a mobile could still see the important messages from the higher structure if they trigger the "special message feature" when writing it, and for the rest of the messages, it could be turned on/off when wished.

Report Post Tip

This by far my new favourite addition. As much as some may hate it being used for the fun and social stuff, I think that might be the best part of it. Interaction between family members has been a lot higher because of it, which I think is incredibly important for building the right family dynamic :D

Report Post Tip

Is it possible to have a 8-24 hour log of things that are said? Sometimes 5 lines doesn't tell enough of a story even if its supposed to be "regulated". If we're talking about a crew leader announcement i think that you could sticky a line to the top line of the chat box similar to a subject in IRC.

Report Post Tip

Is it possible to make links posted in the chat box clickable?

Report Post Tip

great way for families to get to know one another, love it =D

GREAT idea!!

Report Post Tip

In my oppinion, this is the most fundamentally important and amazing features thats been added in the past few years. This will not only serve to enhance communication, especially among new players, in the form of everything from important information to money making drug prices, but will also aid in building the user base through more easily made bonds between players. 

The perfect addition. 

Report Post Tip

Can the Godfather of a city have an option to toggle it so the crew chats merge for all crews in the city?

I really enjoy being with the GF man, but it's a lot quieter now in terms of activity now that 40 members of the family have been moved on

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Crew chat
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL