Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 06:42:52
Page:  1 
A sad day for celebration in Downtown Started by: StanPython on Aug 11, '12 00:50

The rain was coming down lightly on the old white church, admist the sea of graves surrounding it. The La Famiglia Manovanni graveyard laid rest to generations upon generations of Manovanni bloodlines, those proven to be loyal to the family name where the few ever allowed to enter. Five black sport Berlines followed by two hearses made their way up the long winding road to the fresh graves, slowly coming to a stop nearby. A procession of Mafioso began disembarking from the cars, all neatly dressed in black, the women, ElsaElderdoor, Brianna, Wacktard, Angel and Emptiness holding roses or other memoribilia related to the deceased. Bentley, Styver, Adrenaline, Jonah, James and the dirty scouse approached the first of the two hearses and began unloading the coffin onto their shoulders for the slow procession to the graves. Acid, StanPython, Ninja, Brevetti, Lazurli and Socrates followed suit with the second coffin. The men followed by the others got to the graveside and gently lowered the coffins down into the graves. As the family stood around the two filled graves, Stan stepped forward to speak.

"I'm gutted to have to come here today to bury two of my most loyal members to the hands of a Rogue, of which they had no involvment to or buisness with. I'm proud of all of you guys getting back to New Orleans and helping defend The Becontree with me, but I'm disapointed that we let two Rogue spies become associated with us, we need to be more selective on who we allow to associate with us. I've come here today not only to honour TonyAlacchi and Alzheimer, but allow Bentley to expand into Downtown, forming New Orleans newest crime syndicate La Famiglia Manovanni, Assassino Fazione. I'm sure he has proven himself to the family and deserves this oppurtunity. And we need this expansion just to allow our fallens kin to come to rejoin us."

Stan drops the first bit of fresh dirt into the graves onto both coffins.

"I promise those of us who toke, Will smoke in your honor. You two... Your kin are always welcome in New Orleans."

Stan shakes his head furiously spraying water off of his hair everywhere.

"I wish this rain would stop, I'm dying for a cigarette... I think Ill be heading back to the Becontree pick up some cash and head to Bentleys new DOWNTOWN side of town to help him build up some protection."

Stan headed back up to the cars leaving the rest of the Family to pay their respects and congratulate Bentley on his new position before they would then in turn head home themselves.

Report Post Tip

Bentley shakes his head as he bends down to the ground to lay a reef on the graves of his fallen brothers, as he comes to his feet again, he begins to address the gathered sea of sad faces.

As much as this should be a happy time for all of us, it’s difficult given the timing. I truly wish we were meeting on better circumstances. Without these men lying here; I wouldn’t be in a position to make such a speech. They have made the ultimate sacrifice for their family; they lived and died as men of honour, friends of ours.

Looking forward I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of La Famiglia Manovanni and to take up this position within such a great city as New Orleans. As with the men laid in the ground here today, I will give everything for this family without exception.  I hope to honour my previous generations of Manovanni by giving new talent a chance within this thing of ours, the next generation of Manovanni and perhaps even our future Godfathers.

I’ve said enough, we have much to do.

Bentley mimics StanPython and begins to head back to the cars muttering under his breath.

Riposa in pace fratelli.

Report Post Tip

Pearl walks up to the gathering, trying to guard herself from the drizzle of rain.

She did not know any of these people well, but sheds soft tears for the loss.

Bowing her head for a moment in silent rememberance she whispers...

Rest well. Your deaths will not be in vain.

Report Post Tip

Adrenaline waits in the Crowd for Bently and Stan to finish speaking he walks up to the graves of his fallen brothers pulling out a black box. Upon opening it he pulls out a fresh cuban ripping it up and sprinkling over the graves of his fallen comrades. He speaks under his breath.

Only the best for you my friends.

He follows behind Bentley back to the car's 

Report Post Tip

Time seemed to slow since the procession made its way along the graveyard. It wasn't until a few moments later when he was standing over the coffins in the ground that it hit home.... they were dead. Leaning in close, he dropped a rose onto each casket

Rest in peace, I'm so sorry I couldn't save you...

Report Post Tip

Fin stood there in his black suit, slightly chewing on the end of his cigar. He stood there and watched and listened as his boss Stan Python adressed the procession and finally Bentley said a few words as well. Taking the cigar out of his mouth and putting it in his pocket he says...

"I personally just made my bones here in New Orleans. But losing two upper members of the family hurts just the same as I've worked here and gotten to know some of the people who work around me. This is a time of mourning and a time of celebration. But business always has to continue even when family is lost."

"I'd just like to say congratulations to Bentley for achieving such an honor. Being allowed to lead your own family is an honor not many are bestowed with."

Turning to Bentley he says...

"Good luck in all your business and if ever you need anything you can always drop me a line."

"Finally I'd like to just say Rest In Peace to those we lost today in the rogue attack. Hopefully their sons and daughters will follow in their foot steps and honor their family name."

Taking the cigar out of his pocket and again chewing on it, he turns and follows the procession away from the grave site. 

Report Post Tip

Finishing up a "Rest in Peace" mural for his two fallen comrades, Bloch steps back from his rooftop spot and lights up a smoke. Taking a moment to honour the men who's faces are painted before him. He signed "Lost, but not forgotten." right next to the piece, before he put his supplies away and hoisted his bag over his shoulder. He dropped off the roof, waving with a smile to all the civilians who had been watching. He wandered down the street, headed to the church to meet up with StanPython and the rest of his family. He hovered in the back of the crowd, listening with a solemn face. As Stan finished up, Bloch walked over to Bentley. Shaking the man's hand, he gave a nod.
Congratulations on your Auth Bentley, it's been an honor to work with you and I look forward to working with you and your men in the future.
He wandered over to the graves to pay his respects to his fallen comrades before walking off to the nearest bar.

Report Post Tip

*The New Orlean airport was intimidating. There were people everywhere. All kinds of people. He quickly walked out to the streets and found the nearest, smallest, and friendliest looking pub he could find.*He looked around the bar, looking for a friendly face but finding none. He keep searching, until he heard someone calling his name. "Hey you,kidos over there . Here ! You're late,start the car and I'll bring you to the funeral." Wait, what a real funeral ?

Stamina steps up to the crowd to see them gathering round. He takes off his hat, and and removes his coat, folding it over his right arm. Although he did not know any of these people well,he wish he had the chance.Leaning in close, he dropped a rose onto each casket

I'm really sorry it end up this way, I really wish you could stay longer. Rest in Peace , whever you are now. Turning his back to Bentley," Congratulation for achieving such an honor, it would pleased us to see New Orlean are developing once again. Hopefully this lose will stride the city for a greater future, for what they have died fighting for .

Report Post Tip

Socratess crosses the path of Bentley after paying his respects to his fallen comerades. The two shake hands as Socrates leans in to speak. 

Bentley, congradulations on your new promotion. My father once worked with your father a long time ago. From what I was told your family line has always been at the top of the organization bringing the money as well as the power to aid your family. You've carried the manovanni crest fo a long time my friend, its great to see you placing the banner. I know you're a smart and capable man and probably one of the best people for this job. I'm happy to see you make it here and I am sure you will be around for a long time to come. 

Report Post Tip

lsa walks up to where the Caskets had been lowered into the ground. she kisses a rose before droping it onto Alzheimer Caskets and then dose the same for TonyAlacchi. before turnng around and catching up with Stan she wisphers, your'll be missed and always be remembered to great guys who worked hard within the family and didnt deserve this to of happened to themR.I.P.

Elsa catches up with Stan and Bentley soaking from the rain she says turns to Bentley. The day has finally come,  Good luck and all the best with your downtown side of New Orleans. 

Report Post Tip

Caruzzo took off his fedora as he silently stood by the two graves alongside other members of La Famiglia Manovanni, paying respects. He was aware of the rain that soaked his suit completely, but he didn't give it much importance. He put a rose on the caskets of his friends and put his hat back on. He shook Bentley's hand, congratulating him on getting his own crew, then made his way to his car.

Report Post Tip

Apologizes all around, especially to the fallen, for my tardiness to this ceremony, I mean no disrespect.

*Takes off his hat*

I didn't really get a chance to know you fine gentlemen well and now I miss out on that opportunity. You never really know what you've missed out on until it's gone and now the occasionally small talk in passing that we did share makes me feel cheated. That is a shame because I have heard nothing but good things about you both. Hopefully, I will be better acquainted with your sons. I am sure they will follow in their fathers' foot steps and be a stand up guys.

*Turns towards Bentley*

Congratulations sir.

At least we can all share this small ray of light on an otherwise dark day. I know you will continue your hard work and dedication for New Orleans next to Mr. Python as you did with him.

*Salute*

Report Post Tip

Boner was making his way through the part of New Orleans he went to every so often when he needed a few...party favors. As it were, on his way he saw a group of people gathered, seemingly in celebration. After skirting around the group for a few minutes he picked up on what was going down and made his way to the front to congratulate Bentley

Congrats man, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Especially now that you don't have to smell Stan all the time!

Boner chuckles and lights a cigar for the both of them, as he smiles at the familiar faces in the crowd.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A sad day for celebration in Downtown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL