Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:57:26
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Removal of past characters. Started by: Squishy on Aug 17, '12 22:55

We have removed the ability to view your past characters in order to stop the new policy of some that require people to screenshot their past character names in order to get into a crew. To me this is akin to the stories that have been in the news about employers requiring your facebook password. This is a violation of privacy and I think it has gone a little too far.

In addition, we may be randomizing the hostmasks of everyone on IRC if people keep persuing IRC verification for their new members.

This feature will be restored once people stop requesting it.

Report Post Tip

dislike, i liked being able to see my passed chars :( how see how long they played and all :(

Report Post Tip

Prevent them to do it ingame, they will do it using IRC. Prevent tjem to do it on IRC, and they will do it using skype, MSN, FB or any other mean. I understand the logic behind and in fact, I totally agree with you, but at some point, I can only see the limits of such a politic. I'm afraid you won't be able to avoid such (stupid) behaviors (but that's only my opinion), as you can't control what people will do with their character.

I'm not sure what you are really trying to achieve there, probably just sending a clear message to the community, but still, the way the messahe is delivered is... quite annoying.

Report Post Tip

I like this alot. It discourages Bloodlining.

Report Post Tip

Bummer. I liked comparing the work I put into my characters by the hours. It's more accurate than days. Oh well, one less nerd thing for me to get my kicks on.

Relying on screen shots for accuracy is pointless. Over the years I've seen a lot of fake screen shots. Take time to talk to people and it's usually not difficult to figure out if they are lying.

Report Post Tip

Half and half..
I never used it but should I needed to, I would have liked to be able to prove my bloodline.
People usually know who I am when I join but there's no way to be sure..

But I suppose if you were someone of quite a prestigious bloodline then you shouldn't need to prove who you are because other parts of the game like IRC and people you know and talk to would show who you are and/or were..

Report Post Tip

sheer brilliance, a change that is a must if it was being used to detriment, as is the case. I do like seeing my past, yet if its being abused, then im all for removing it.

Report Post Tip

Maybe make an option where you can choose which, if any characters so up. I know i have at least 1 that I like being there. 

Report Post Tip

*show

Report Post Tip

awww I liked comparing the numbers etc but yeah until a better system is figured out fair enough

Report Post Tip

oh and randomizing the irc hosts = great idea

Report Post Tip

agree with oldman, random that stuff.

Report Post Tip

Why couldn't people just say, no I won't be sending you that, and then find a different less stupid family?

Report Post Tip

Regrettable, but I understand why this is put in. hopefully this isn't a permanent solution.

Report Post Tip

I too use to use it to compare my characters.

I agree with Innocence it is very easy to create a fake screen shot, even without photoshopping. But I guess it makes it a little more fair. Perhaps you could have just starred out the names though.

Report Post Tip

I'm going to miss counting my hours I spent on here!

Report Post Tip

Hours on all characters is still shown in the profile page area

Report Post Tip

We put it back after the new private policy change.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Removal of past characters.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL