Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 03:18:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The mind of a pickpocket. Started by: Doubletap on Aug 23, '12 16:29

First let me thank everyone who replied. The replies themselves illuminate exactly what I came out here to talk about.

The first thing to notice is how few folks even adressed what I asked. While the questions themselves where answered by some, over all most folks just interjected their own preference or abiding rule. And maybe another what if. Interpreting my questions in some ways rather than addressing them as asked. In my view the replies are based largly on the erroneous assessment that I will mug a pickpocketer. My statement regarding pickpockets is simple. Picking lint from my pocket could result in mugging. People should not add to what is said. I said, pickpocket me and come up empty, Ill mug ya. Anybody getting money should feel confident that they wont get mugged. Two things here: I should be aware of exactly what I said and exactly what it means or could mean. And, others should not add to what I actually said. Its a trap when you do. When I say what it could mean, I dont mean what someone else could erroneously conclude, I mean what logically could be concluded from what you say. Sure maybe you had to think a bit, and maybe I could have been clearer for the stoneder among us, but why? I said what I said, have the respect to at least try to understand it.

Aidan, I appreciate your candid replies. A lot of people wouldn't just come out and say a question was so ill thought out or so basic as to warrant almost no effort in reply. Or have the ability to be so brutally honest as to suggest mental aberration. I dont feel the same, but I prefer the honest to the conescending all day.Of course your answers to both my questions were wrong, and once again point to my real issue. We must endeavor to actaully understand what someone is saying or has said before we can endeavor to correct or even properly engage them.

With this delima and my absolute fondness for Squidmaster, I could hardly begin tapping pockets unless I changed my profile to something less challenging to understand. I do so unwillingly, but could you imagine the temptest in the teapot had I just started pickpocketing? I did and decided this speech was a better option.

Report Post Tip

Goku, but you realize that the point we are debating is whether corrupt agents count as people, right? I don't think they do...

Doubletap, maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I was trying to say that either you were asking a different question than you meant or that the question was too easy to even ask. I never suggested that you didn't deserve an answer. If anything, I was trying to express that I was kind of sure there was something hidden behind the question that I couldn't see and now you showed it to me. I most definitely didn't imply mental issues with anybody. If I did, then I just got carried away and didn't really express myself correctly. Sorry if that was the case.

The hidden part was what you meant by "lint". You ask people not to put words in your mouth, but I'm guessing that many different interpretations can be made as to what "getting lint" could be. Maybe it's an expression and I'm sounding a bit dense, but I'm sure many people could interpret getting lint as just simply sticking their hands in your pockets.

I mean, many times, my pockets are so dirty that when I get out my wad of cash, it's full of lint. So if you pickpocket me, you will get money AND lint.

Report Post Tip

I agree the lint part could be interpreted as implying more, however I believe anyone could make the case that IF I mugged them after getting cash, I was inconsistant. Implication is not enough to deter me, it shouldnt be enough to deter you. If I would try to say that I told people I would mug them for pickpocketing me, as astute observer could very well say I did not. It goes both ways. Realizing that it would be misinterpreted by almost everyone, I quickly realized that some would take issue with my apparent contradiction if I pickpocketed. While I realize it could be considered vague, I hoped to show that in reality it just takes a little bit more than a passing glance to determine my stance. The same could be said for many things in this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

I called your dry-cleaner. He told me he will definitely never take lint from your pocket again. He learned his lesson the first time.

The_Dean chuckles as he walks away...

Report Post Tip

Listens to Doubletap talk about possibly putting his hands in her pants

ERMAHGERD PERCKPERCKERTS! ERNERN CERN PERCKPERCKERT MAH! I DERNT MAHND ERF U DER ERND I WERNT MAHG BERCK. ERTS BERN A LINTERM SERNC ERNER MAHN PERT THER HERNDS ERN MAH PERNTS. MAHB WHERN I GERT RERD ERF MAH RERTERNER ERND DERNT HERV THERS SPERCH ERMPERDERMAHNT MAHN WERL PERT THER HERNDS ERN MAH MAHR.

Smiles awkward before she walks on down the trying to sell her "GERSBERMS BERKS"

Report Post Tip

Doubletap, I'm disappointed that despite admitting most people misinterpreted you, you still claim that you expressed yourself correctly and that we are adding or changing your words.

Should it really have to take more than a glance for me to figure out if you will not attack me when I PP you? I'm fine with the "Take your chances I may mug you". I just stay away from those people too. I don't like the fact that I can't know beforehand if you will attack me or not. I am too respectful to subject myself to being attacked.

In other news... I'm sure there is some way to figure out what Terlernterd says, but I can only figure out a word here and there, not enough to figure her meaning...

Report Post Tip

I think there is probably disappointment all around Aidan, just for different reasons. At least this conversation has brought us to agreement on one thing, there is a way to figure out what TERLERNTERD said. But perhaps she would be better served waiting until her retainer has been removed rather than risk being...unclear.

Report Post Tip

people be warned when i turn gangster my hands will be in your pockets WHAHAHA .No one is safe

Report Post Tip

people be warned when i turn gangster my hands will be in your pockets WHAHAHA .No one is safe

Report Post Tip

Oh no. Not my pockets! Watch out lint-people, your end is nigh!

Report Post Tip

Ill make sure your On my PP list  ..

Report Post Tip

Oh yeah? Well now you're on my PP list. How do you like them apples? Huh? Huh? That's what I thought.

Report Post Tip

We will  see..

Report Post Tip

You can debate all night long regarding Pickpocket or rules, but the fact is Power is everything :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The mind of a pickpocket.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL