Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 05:06:01
Page:  1 
California State Of Mind Started by: Innocence on Aug 27, '12 01:21

The door to a quiet speakeasy was pushed open quickly and police officers swarmed inside. The bartender and his patrons were startled by the raid. One by one the police lead men and women out of the speakeasy in handcuffs. On the sidewalk a reporter from the LA Times snapped photos with his camera and shouted questions to the officers.

Across the street Innocence watched the bust from the backseat of her car. Next to her Caffrey had his eyes on the drama too. Innocence smiled and said, “Another one bites the dust.” She looked over at Caffrey and added, “I’d love to be a fly on the wall when The Godfather of LA hears about another speakeasy of his shut down by the cops.”

Outside a man in handcuffs tried to run away, but the police beat him down with their billy clubs. “This is better action than a movie.” Innocence commented to Caffrey. “We should’ve brought popcorn.”

Several hours later Innocence was in a speakeasy she owned. Several mobsters and friends from other cities were there drinking and talking about business. At the bar Innocence chatted with her Right Hand, Mercury. The bartender answered the ringing phone on the wall and gave it to Innocence.

After finishing the call Innocence looked at Mercury and said, “That was another friend of a friend who wants to work with us.” The organized crime boss waved across the crowded speakeasy to get Caffrey’s attention then turned to Mercury again. “Send one of our guys out to the car for the money.”

When Caffrey approached the bar Innocence stood up and said, “It’s time for you to set up. I know it’s a little sooner than we planned, but my headquarters needs room for a couple kids fresh off the boat. I promised their parents I’ll look after them.” Innocence paused and looked Caffrey in the eyes. “You remember what I told you? If you need anything at all I’m just a phone call away.” Caffrey nodded and smiled confidently.

“Drinks on the house!” Innocence yelled to the patrons in the speakeasy. When everyone stopped their conversations and looked up Innocence walked to the middle of the room. “Now that I have your attention I have an announcement to make. Caffrey is setting up a new branch of my criminal organization in Los Angeles. This man has helped me a lot with business since the day he started working for me. I'm impressed by his work ethic and his love for this thing of ours. I see a lot of potential in him and I’m confident he will be a leader young members will look up to.”

Report Post Tip

Caffrey knew this day was coming he just didn't realize it would be this quick. He had worked non stop to help Innocence get a good grip on this city and it was finally starting to form. When he approached her and she told him that today was the day he would help her expand he was stuck. He quickly snapped out of it when Innocence walked to the middle of the room and began to announce her decision. After his embrace with Mercury he stepped forward to speak.

"Words can not describe how honored I am that you would choose me. I have met great people and learned a lot since my bloodline first made their way into this thing of ours, and while being a member of your family I have increased my love for this way of life even more. Your family has reminded me what a family feels like and why I wake up everyday to work hard. I hope that I can bring the same thing to this family of my own and inspire someone like I have been."

Caffrey looks over to Mercury and nods his head.

"Our bloodlines have been close since mine first stepped foot in the U.S. and I have to admit that you have helped us get to this point. You took me under your wing and made me work hard every day. You never let me have a chance to slack off and now it has all paid off."

Caffrey then turns and scans the speakeasy to find his trusted friends. He knew they would be in the crowd somewhere. He finally spotted Diablos and IsaacEidelberg.

"Diablos! I need you with me brother. I need someone who loves this city just as much as I do and I could use someone with your knowledge. Isaac, we have been close since our fathers and their fathers have been a part of this thing. I trust and respect you guys and would love for you both to join me."

He then turned back to the crowd and held his glass in the air.

"To the soon to be Godmother Innocence, the city of Los Angeles, and to the newly found Angel City Butchers! Salud!" He said as he downed his drink and celebrated with his fellow Mafioso.

Report Post Tip

Mercury found one of the guys and sent him outside to retrieve the briefcase. He was back quickly. She returned to Caffrey and Innocence in the speakeasy with the briefcase in hand.

Congratulations my friend. I am sure you will do our city proud. I have complete confidence in you. This ought to get you started. I'm not far if you ever need anything. I am very proud of you!

Mercury gave Caffrey a hug and handed the briefcase. They had had a long journey together. She was thrilled to see him achieve his dream. She stepped out of the way so he can shine in the spotlight. He deserved it.

Mercury walked to the bar and picked up her Amaretto Sour and returned to Caffrey. She held it up and looked at him

I guess I am going to have to find someone else to make these for me now eh? To your success!!

Report Post Tip

As Isaac drives up to Innocence's Headquarters, he gets real excited to see his old friend he has known for a long time get up'd a chance of a life time. He pulls up and slams the door. And rushes out the car towards the main doors with a briefcase in one hand and a box in another. The Two gentlemen open the doors.

He notices alot of faces at the family bar and everyone is celebrating. Smoke and drinks in the air, and laughter. What a time for celebration. 

Isaac walks up to the group of people and puts his briefcase down and opens the box. Fine Champagne for the new captain of the city and his right hand Diablos.

I am so excited for you Caffrey you deserve this chance to prove the city that you don't play and that you are a hard worker and a great addition to the city. I Salute you and cant wait to see what you and Diablos and myself can bring to the city. This is one fantastic and exciting day, so I raise my class to the new captain of The City of Angels

CONGRATS!!! Caffrey! This is your day. Make it a day to remember. And by the way here is this box of top class cigars! Your a Boss now Brother! 

Report Post Tip

Happening to be in Los Angeles, Maestro was walking by as Innocence made her announcement. He approached Caffrey and spoke.

Congratulations on your crew, Caffrey! I'm positive you'll do great for the city of Angels.

Report Post Tip

Cory was listening to Innocence talk and kept his seat in the back. He had been in the back sipping on some liquor and trying to get a head start on the celebration. He stood up when Caffrey came on to say a few words and raised his glass to all of them at the end of the speech. He took a large drink from his flask and weaved through the people to shake the new crew leaders hand.

"Caffrey, it is an honor to see you here today and you deserve the honor to do so. It will be an honor to work with you to make this city we love so much to become the best we can make it. I have nothing but faith in you and I know you will be an amazing add to the city. With that said, I wish you the best of luck and you always know where you can find me."

Cory raised his glass to Caffrey again as he bagan to make his way back to his seat.

Report Post Tip

Rio, While doing business for the boss in LA hears Innocence's announcement

Congrats Caffrey on your new position as CL in LA. I am sure you will make us all proud.

Rio begins running through the streets screaming "Caffrey got authed".

Report Post Tip

Conratulations Caffrey :) Great Job

Report Post Tip

Congratulations*

Report Post Tip

Congratulations!!! always heard nothng but good of you. Well  deserved Sir.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Caffrey. I'm sure it's well deserved.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Caffrey, you deserve this and I wish you all the best.

I know you will do great job.

Report Post Tip

Newly founded gangsters: Sweeney and Mr. Albert from straight outa LA comes skipping across the sidewalks off the LA sun. In a silk black suit and an orange tie tucked in his suit, the tie comes out of the suit and soon became loose. Sweeney and Mr. Albert stopped for a second to fix it.

God damn it....Need to stop skipping.

Sweeney tucks it back in his suit and leans down to pick up Mr. Albert placing him in his coat pocket.

Becareful buddy, and take a nap!

Sweeney finally skips his way to the annoucement of Caffrey setting up in this glorious city. The annoucemt from Innocence has already ended. Sweeney comes behind Caffrey and gives him a surprise hug from behind. 

I know you don't know me, but just accept this hug and go along your day. You'll do great in LA.

Sweeney pats him on the chest and skips along back to the HQ!

Report Post Tip

Taproot sees the local Speakeasy he tends to stop in from time to time popping with people coming in and out. Music is jam'n and he can hear the voices from across the street. Gathering his coat a bit tighter, Taproot wanders in and tried to make his way through the people to get toward the bar. Not having any luck getting the bartenders attention, Taproot takes a sip from his flask and listens as he listens to what is being said. Nodding as it is announced, Taproot raises his flask to Caffrey.

Make LA proud as I am sure you will. Well done.

Clancing at his pocketwatch, Taproot looks out into the night. One last sip from the flask and hes weaving through peple to try to catch the midnight train leaving that he has to be on. Reaching the door, Taproot nods to a few faces he knows, lits a cig and heads out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: California State Of Mind
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL