Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 00:11:53
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Business Ideas Started by: U_Froglike_Plot on Sep 10, '08 05:16
Hey everyone,

I was just going through the business districts as I enjoy the banter and RP of "going to a bar" or "buying some cutters to release clamps from your car" (See Detroit Hardware Store).

I had a few suggestions about business' to try and encourage people to visit and to make them more realistic.

1. What if we restricted the number of business' in any city, all plots being controlled by the current city leader. This might seem counter productive but, if we have space for say six business' as a default, all of which are governed by the city leader, people would have to put effort into their business or the current leader could "evict" them.

2. The city leader has the option of purchasing more real estate in their city and thus has rooms for more business' if the need transpires.

3. The city leader can evict any businessman from his city at any time, they run the city, they run the business district.

4. Upon the death of the proprietor of a business, the business dissolves and people start bidding / proposing ideas to the city leader or his business director.

Why do I think these changes would help? If you have the risk of losing your business due to a lack of effort or minimal responses, you will put more effort into them and advertise accordingly.

It gives the Leader of the city more power within their city which I believe should be the case.

If their are fewer businesses (as those of the dead would be gone and those that are not successful), the successful businesses would enjoy more success and have higher attendance as there would be less "looking through other businesses".

I can see how it might seem counter productive to limit business' but I think if we as a community saw businesses getting more effort, planning and advertising, we might embrace the business district more and that businessman or woman would feel the benefits in the form of widening their social circle and perhaps incentives from the city leader.

Though the business districts are not completely desolate, I think the percentage of frequent visitors would be small.
Report Post Tip
Currently, though, there seems to be a general sense of malaise surrounding the Business Districts. Whilst your idea is a very good one, there's something I'd like to add.

Were this to be coded in, there should be some sort of feature where person X can earn revenue on their bar. Basically, interest in the business districts is poor anyway, and I'm not pointing fingers here, but if a CL starts charging for plots and the people paying get nothing in return except a feeling of pride in their RP, I suspect interest will plummet.

Something like X*($5000*y), with X being the ranking points the bar has, and y being the number of replies would be quite nice. This would both encourage well written pieces and more activity. Though I know some will certainly be opposed to this idea of mine, if not your whole concept, I think it can be progressive indeed.
Report Post Tip
I'm all for it. This game does get repetative. Bars should be more important like the old days.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea very much, i think it would inspire people to dig deep and actually find some creativity instead of having bland, casual businesses.
Report Post Tip
Some good suggestions here.

I am a little worried about giving control of points scoring forums to crew leaders though. Sure, I think most of the current leaders would run it well, but you don't live forever guys, ;)

I would sure as hell be pissed if I was a new user, who spent a lot of time working on a bar, and it suddenly disappeared because I am not a member of any given "clique".

Maybe some of these will be incorporated into V2 :D
Report Post Tip
The revenue idea is also great.

This one is far more feasible in terms of coding time atm I would guess.
Report Post Tip
I like this. Get ideas.
Report Post Tip
I wasn't suggesting the leaders deciding on the points Mikus - I was suggesting the ranking points being the ones already in play for Streets/OOC/Bars; giving them a dual purpose should be quite feasible I guess.
Report Post Tip
I really think there should be more motivation to keep the revenue earned.

We have too little to spend our money on. I think there should be more options where we can make business or spend money to make it more economical.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Business Ideas
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL