Get Timers Now!
X

May 23 - 21:45:46
Page:  1 
Trust. Started by: Teruzzo on Sep 11, '08 19:57
Walks up to a crate and hops on to speak to the crowd,

Takes a look around to see the variety of mafioso there is to offer on this fine evening.

So, Trust Its a strange thing, Hard to earn, and easy to lose.

Ive seen trust earnt and lost alot recently, We all have, But I dont want to get into that situation so much to be honest.

Takes a peek into the heavens to see a full moon behind the dark grey clouds...

I once wasnt so Trusted, Mainly throughout the CP days.

"Teruzzo you and your little gang always have a rogue plan up your sleeve!"

"I have zee logs!"

"Were gonna rogue, Wanna help, Your sort of area isn't it?"

Ect ect...

But I seem to have earned some trust around here, Sure there's a change of leadership, But I'm now considered "Not a threat" by anyone... Me or my "Group"

Actually Ive seen quotes that we are "nice little tree huggers"

Takes a second to ponder.... Chuckles

Aye I guess we are. Sure I could see that as a bad thing, But why should I?

I now get people coming to me with...

"Your a dead group, Look what you have done in the past X amount of time!"

"You just sit in your coffeeshop and chat... Nice..."

Yeah so that's what we do, were friends, That's all, No different to your hang out right?

I don't want to lose this trust I have earned now, And If being a tree hugger is what it gets me... So be it.

"Trust is like a vase.. once it's broken, though you can fix it the vase will never be same again."

What I really want to know is, Should people be based on what group they are with or should they earn their own trust based on what they do on the here and now, individually?
Report Post Tip
Very true words you speak sir. My bloodline broke their last twelve vases....

Looks around for a hardware store for more glue.

I made mistakes and now I'm trying to earn back what you have sir, Trust. Always a pleasure to hear you speak Ter.
Report Post Tip
What is "trust" exactly? If it is predictability, then the only person I trust is Revan. I always know what he is about, and he has yet to disappoint.
Report Post Tip
Trust?

Pffft. Nobody, nobody at all. My familial fingers have been burned too many times by too many people they thought they could trust to ever truly be able to trust anyone again.

Don't get me wrong, there's some people around who I don't think would fuck me over, but when it eventually happens and I'm proven wrong I won't be shocked. Just a little saddened, a little more jaded, a little more cynical.

For so many people this life we live is all about looking out for number one these days, it's taken away such a great part of what our world once was. The groups you mention are generally just that, groups of friends having a good time and supporting each other. The days of the underground are seemingly dead. People forgot how to keep their mouths shut, which effectively killed it off, which is a shame really, the underground groups have always had a part to play around here - however contrary they run to the Mafia ethos, it is an aspect of our lives which is seemingly gone forever.

Trust can be earned. People can and do give 2nd and 3rd chances, but just be careful you don't reach that point of no return. Revan and Clipper spring to mind as individuals who will, in all likelihood, be unable to gain the trust of anyone at all ever again. I know regimes change, and people move on - but it would take a small miracle for either of these clowns to actually get on the inside again.

I am rambling, and I have shit to do, my verbal diarrhoea may be continued later...
Report Post Tip
Sure people are judged by the groups or their environment. It's a fact of life that cannot be changed. We'd like to think we are objective, but in fact, no matter how hard we try, our emotions will mislead our judgments based on what we like and believe. We tend to think of the worse of people, and it's human nature to do so.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Blake, the group you hang around with indicates what kind of person you may be. Forgiving as I may be, like OhCrap, there comes a certain point where there's no going back; However, I don't think it's necessarily fair to bring in to mind every transgression a bloodline has committed in the past. Sometimes you have to just watch their current actions and go from there.
Report Post Tip
You should not paint members of the same clique with the same brush. The group might have a certain image, but the separate individuals may be completely diverse and unique. They may even have different goals in mind for their group.

Once upon a time there was a young man named Aerial Swine who was growing sick of seeing his family members killed off for being associated with UN members and the Who-errs. The young swine, himself, was always loyal to whatever family he was in. Family was always placed before friends. However, some ass clown leaders decided to paint the Swine Family with the same brush as they painted the UN and Who-err members. Angry with this treatment, the Swine decided to kill everyone. So, with the help of ancestors of the Evsie and Figs family lines, he did just that. Killed EVERYONE. (Yes, everyone).

The moral of the story is: Pick your battles. Don't broaden the base of your adversaries more than necessary. Judge each person by their own credentials, not by the deeds of those close to them. Otherwise, you multiply your enemies.
Report Post Tip
Trust is a tough subject. Supposedly one of the aspects we live by amongst others, like OhCrap mentioned i believe first and second chances can be earned i know i have been on the end of them myself. But there should, and is, a limit to these chances and rightly so Lets take OhCraps example of Clipper, have people been burned to many times to forgive and give another chance? If you personally had caused lots of trouble would you expect your future family to get an easy ride?

I am lucky enough to have a small circle of friends, that i can honestly say i trust my most private information with and know its not going to go outside.

I would ask you if you look to your left and to your right within your own HQ or your own circle of friends and see if you can honestly tell that person

"Keep this between me and you...."

And it stays between you two?

Thankfully i am in a fine position where i know the family i have been brought up in and now help run their foundations are based on trust and loyalty.

But Teruzzo i actually "have zee logs"
Report Post Tip
I'm cynical like OC. I've seen and heard about too much crap in this thing of ours to completely trust anyone. Trust is too broad to put it all in one person. I trust most of the people I work with enough to think they won't stab me in the back and won't rat on me to the police, but I don't tell them all my deepest darkest secrets. The "keep this between me and you" trust JackSparrow mentioned is only for a select few.

Trusting bloodlines that have fucked up in the past is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Every new man or woman in our business are suppose to be given a chance, a fresh start, but when several generations of a bloodline do the same disrespectful actions it's hard to trust their next of kin.

Some people and their ancestors are known for being a part of coffee shop cliques. They might help their friends by giving them some cash to get started, but if they've always shown loyalty to family they are easier to trust than the people with several relatives who jumped ship to help friends when the shit hit the fan.
Report Post Tip
Well....My ancestral line was trusted for many many years by pretty much everyone.

Things changed,shit happened and trust is not a thing I have from all anymore.

Having several people whom you trust 100% makes one hell of a weapon to use.

Having someone whom you trust 100% turn on you.....well that is a blade that sinks to the hilt quickly and it drinks deep.

I care not who you are,everyone here has turned on someone at some point,to varying degrees.

Now choosing whom you trust could be based on many areas and aspects of what we do here.

Trust is something only the individual can decide upon.
Report Post Tip
I'm not quite sure what "group" you're talking of Teruzzo, but if you do belong to some kind of clique of your own, then trust may be an issue due to hidden agendas within that group.

I mean if CP we're to pop up again and they were in numerous families, but they still hung about in their coffee shops, I think people would question their loyalties despite gaining a lot of trust from their individual leaders.
Report Post Tip
DocHoliday, the CP have been around for some time now. Always have always will. My father has recently worked with a few on them, their son's and daughters are very much still around. The problem where the trust lies, is when individuals brind those coffeeshop loyalties to the methods of how the conduct their activity on these shores. With my recent experience, there was no sign of such.

The issue with trust in this lifestyle is? It's the Mafia, in this world one day your friend can be eating Conoli with you at the local diner, the next he's puttnig a bullet i your head and burying you somewhere in the Vegas desert. It's the way of life. Trust Family first, but you never know, one slip up or misjudgemt and that Family can be writing your death certificate.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Trust.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL