Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 14:35:38
Page:  1 
Future? Yes Please Started by: Squishy on Sep 12, '08 01:04
So, with the making of the last thread I believe it pertinent to embark on yet another mission: To inform all of you about our goals in the future. I have dedicated the last 7 years of my life to helping create a community surrounding the game now known as MafiaReturns.com. In this time period I also include its other site locations (.org) as being a similar format to our now running MR. I have enjoyed my time coding and interacting with all of you quite a bit, and wouldn't have continued to do it if I found the frustration outweighing the benefits and enjoyable times. However, as a coder I know I am capable of utilizing my creativity to a higher capacity and honing my own personal skills with the creation of the game I have been working on for the last year. Please understand this is not to say I don't love MafiaReturns and all that it brings, but I know I am capable of putting out a product that outdoes all the other Mafia MMORPGs in existence both technically and creatively. I know many of you are hesitant about change, but change does not always mean "bad", and in the instance I believe it means "great".

The ideas that have accumulated between myself and the other owners of Crooked Studios (producers of MafiaReturns and the new game) are plentiful and I believe the enactment of them is crucial to my own enjoyment of coding and interaction. Ideally, I would LOVE to see you all on the new game, but I know we may lose some of you when the new game goes live. I don't know what the future of MafiaReturns itself is, but I need most of you to know now that I am going to be dedicating a lot of my time to the new game and trying to trend away from spending a lot of resources in keeping MafiaReturns new and fresh for the user base. I will continue to be around on a daily basis, however I will be dedicating less time to the smaller "help desk" style support. I've done this for free for a long time, and most of you have been very supportive of me and the administrative staff, for that I can only express my absolute gratitude, and hope you bring that spirit with me when we expand into new MMORPG gaming realms.

With that comes change. In the last two months we've made an addition to the staff of Crooked Studios, and have benefited from having another analytical mind working out new ideas and troubleshooting efforts on the new game. Billy Bathtub as some of you know him became one of the owners of Crooked Studios two months back, and we are hoping that he doesn't screw up too badly with the induced fear that we will light him on fire if he fails.

For the foreseeable future, I will be devoting the majority of my time to coding the new game and getting it ready for public release. The administrative staff is more than capable of handling any requests or questions that I would otherwise not answer in a timely fashion. I believe in the game we are producing, and have a passion to make it the best that we can. You all mean a great deal to me, and I hope you understand that I am coding the new game because I believe I can offer a better and more fun atmosphere to play in.

P.s. Fuckin' Clipper
Report Post Tip
I have always admired your dedication and helpfulness towards the community, and I'm eager to see what you have in store for us for the future, Izzy. The years you've spent taking care of the game, helping users, or coding for the new version that's currently in development is something I am and always will be grateful for.
Report Post Tip
Does this mean that when your new project gets up and running you would be keeping MafiaReturns in exsistance, But you will be spending less time, if any here working on an admin and improving it?

Or will MafiaReturns shut down after the release of your new project?

Yea I keep asking, Sorry about that but It matters alot to me =P
Report Post Tip
Man if I'm being perfectly honest, this games dead as dead and that's no reflection upon Izzy or any of the other admin staff, it's just the standard of game play we've allowed people to...well play I guess.

I won't go reeling off more reasons why I think it's gone down hill since this isn't the subject at hand but it will be nice to see a new game, whatever the theme, with this kind of standard when it comes to coding and whatnot.

Fun fun fun.
Report Post Tip
Then join Mafia.org if you don't like it.

I think if you run both games at the same time, we will divide our userbase up. Some will join the new, and some will stay with the old. You won't see nearly a turnout as you have now. Although I would like to have the option, I don't think it's a wise thing to do.
Report Post Tip
No im quite ok thanks. This will pass my time sufficiently enough.
Report Post Tip
No seriously I cant wait til you do leave, I want MR to grow I really do. But not with people like you.
Report Post Tip
Perhaps if you engaged in the RP aspect more wholeheartedly, DocHoliday, you might not find it quite so 'dead'.
Report Post Tip
William Bathtub, what the hell man, why do you always have to one up me? I rank to Capo, you buy mafia, wtf.
Report Post Tip
Teruzzo, don't get all pissy because I said the game's dead. As I stated thats just my opinion, I play to pass the time when I'm not doing much else, others play because they really do like to act like a Gangster and others simply because they have no lives...

*shrugs*

Whatever the reason I'm still here and I'm quite fine for now.

mmmkay pumpkin?

Carbolic, I do get involved in "RP". I engage in street discussions from time to time also when I get a chance and if it's worth me commenting, what else would you have me do?
Report Post Tip
Squishy this is a great thing about to occur, I wish you and your new game well, of course I will be playing it because you have helped me through my years of being apart of "This thing of ours". You are a great person and I want to thank you for all you have done for Mafia Returns.

When will this new game go live, or can we see a sample of it? :D
Report Post Tip
We all know theres other games out there which offer more diverse features and hopefully as squishy works with this new game, he can bring something more challenging to us all.

I come back to mafiareturns not for the game but some of the people here is the truth and hopefully will see some carry over to the new site.
Report Post Tip
It's amazing to see the dedication the staff has to running MR. Granted I haven't been around for years and don't know all the people like some, but I enjoy being involved in MR, and whatever is going to be set up for the future, I hope to check it out. No matter what.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Future? Yes Please
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL