Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:02:29
Page:  1 
Scared to leave home? Started by: RobertHeiserman on Sep 07, '12 20:14

Four occupied cities. 

If ever there was a phrase that summed up malaise this would surely be it.  What a waste of real estate.

How unfortunate that it’s come to this.  The accumulation of power in one city to the detriment of diversity.  Has always been thus I suppose but how dull none the less.

Report Post Tip

Later this evening, a 5th will be occupied. Expansion is slow, but occuring.

Report Post Tip

Dull? Tell me again how different it is today than it was when all cities were occupied a few months ago. Tell me again how having NO occupied has changed all our lives so drastically that we must occupy LV like there's no tomorrow.

Report Post Tip

You already said you're new to these streets, so I'd advise you to take some time and experience the current situation of things before calling it dull.

Report Post Tip

Damn. How could I be so foolish to even talk back with this person on that other corner, its fairly obvious he's related to a certain person known for speaking a load of nonsense.

Report Post Tip

A fifth.  Oh my giddy aunt.  I can not wait for that to happen.  I feel on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

Report Post Tip

My moms been letting me leave home since I was 21...It took me a few years but no I am not scared!

As for the cities, wait for the fifth :)

It'll be magical!

Report Post Tip

"If you are really new to these streets you should know, It takes quite a bit of patience to be a mobster in these parts. There are technically 5 cities already up and running. No one has started in Detroit yet and that is available for people willing to play big brother mobster edition. Either way though even with just 4 cities up and running it takes a lot of diplomacy and communication between the cities before another city can be opened for business. This is where a lot of the patience you need comes in handy. If you cant be patient then the crime life may not be for you."

Fydora clearing her throat after such a long speech decides she should wait for a response but is too thirsty so she heads into the closest bar grabs a few shots before she returns to the streets to hear some more people on their soapbox

Report Post Tip

The HQ fortifications are strangling the life out of this thing.

Report Post Tip

I have never liked the concept of "owned" cities sitting empty. It has simply become "the way it's done".

I would like to see a system where an empty city is, by default, open to anyone who wishes to set up. The only permission needed is that of your crew leader (and, if applicable, Godfather) to leave the city you're in. Beyond that, you're a mobster striking out on your own. Capitalism at it's cold and brutal best. This ends the problem of cliques authing each other, it allows people who may wait a really long time before getting their shot (so to speak) to take the initiative and it allows a broader range of people to set up. At the moment we insist on teaching people how things work and what they can't do before allowing them to set up. Imagine the creativity we're suppressing by doing so.

Open it up. All of it. All the time.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree, Iris.  And, of course, if some bigshot from another city demanded a cut of the profits, well, by all means do it.

The point is, that unoccupied cities are unoccupied.  So therefore, if someone wants to occupy them, why the hell not?

Report Post Tip

Do people want to occupy them?

Only three leaders ended up going to Detroit. It was hardly an overwhelming show of ambition from prospective leaders.

Report Post Tip

I think some people may stay away from Detroit as the twist in being voted out Wont sit well with most, Also people will sit back and watch what happens before they play there hand But i wish those in Detroit nothing but the best It would be nice to see Chicago and Vegas up and running. Though the last war has put us all on the back foot so to speak.

Report Post Tip

the prospect  of spending alot of cash only to face possibly having to step down a week later was a deterent for most. that and the less than fair guidelines on bodyguards and hq fortifications. moving to detroit is a gamble that doesnt seem worth the risk. my hats off to those who took the bull  by the horns and tried it

Report Post Tip

So you think a city where anybody can set up is not a risk? It would be a bloodbath even worse than the LV experiment of last year.

Report Post Tip

LV while it looked unstable to people on the outside Stabelise the thing being if people wish to enter a city with all guns blazeing they will do it, As seen in the Vegas experiment Though as a rule most Familys in Vegas did pull together and work towards a commen goal. While Detroit in my thoughs are at a disadvantage that can be overcame with clear heads working towards the same goal. 

I really wish those in Detroit the best and hope that it pans out for them all.

Report Post Tip

In Detroit there is even a stronger reason to work together. The only one at risk is the odd ball that will be voted out. I'm sure that once a bunch of crews consolidate and start working together they will always out vote the other one.

Report Post Tip

First off all I believe the streets should be open for debate and discussions. Fellow mobsters stating their opinion is not necessarily a bad thing or per definition in conflict with our elders authority.

I have never liked the concept of "owned" cities sitting empty. It has simply become "the way it's done". - Iris

I have to agree with Iris here. I would rather see all cities with a GF and smaller crews, than some of them occupied with larger crews and others empty.

Do people want to occupy them?

Only three leaders ended up going to Detroit. It was hardly an overwhelming show of ambition from prospective leaders. - Donbot

I think more people would be interested and ambitious for auth without the boundaries set in the last experiment. Crewleaders are being authed in already occupied cities to make additional space for new mobsters. If they are not up for the job or become a threat, they will be relieved of their position... so why not auth people in empty cities and do the same?

Report Post Tip

I do kind of agree with Mr-Adams's last comment. I understand that the times of us, lowly members is not the same as the times of the people in charge, but I wish that whenever there was an open city, they could decide within a week who to send there. I am just stating a wish, let's pretend I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm not even making a suggestion since I know it's not my place.

Report Post Tip

Well I's think if a cities not occupied, this should mean the cops got's control of that city. That would mean no mobsters could travel to that city, only unsponsers and those fresh off the boat. That allows folks who dont wants to join them their crews already estblished, to have's a safehaven away for the gun happy folk in crews waiting's to shoot them. Also would make folks occupy cities or the unsponsers will rank up to crewleader and gain control of the cities.

Dont nobody listen to Ol Fiddler though. I's suppose I's just sit here and play this fiddle. Dont minds me. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Scared to leave home?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL