Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 06:35:32
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Pending invite shown in profile. Started by: Squishy on Sep 19, '12 22:21

When a user receives an invite, it will be shown in their profile which will offer some protection from wackers via displaying the name of the person who sent the invite.

Name: test-enkndle-nope (-48)
Level: 5
Bodyguards: Not Protected
Sponsor: None
Invited By: Squishy

There is no actual code protection, it is only based upon the reputation of the person who sent the invite, knowing that you will step on their toes by shooting their future member.

Report Post Tip

If they wanted protection, couldn't they simply accept the invite?

Report Post Tip

Sure, but not all invites are sent and received while the person is online.

Report Post Tip

Good point.  :)

Report Post Tip

48 hours is more than enough time to accept an invite, I don't see why this change is needed really

Report Post Tip

If you can't secure and accept an invite within 48 hours, you deserve to be shot anyway.

Report Post Tip

It will be interesting to see all of the invites new members get. (If it shows multiple invites etc) otherwise yeah a CL could ask them to put something in their profile and or 48 hrs is long enough typically

Report Post Tip

You people seem to not remember, not everyone has played the game before. New players rarely get addicted to the game until after their first interaction with other players. Lately that has been very, very, very slow. This means they don't play very much for the first couple days, just poke the game with a stick. This is meant to help protect these people.

OldMan, it only shows the most recent.

Report Post Tip

You seem not to remember that this game used to have no 48 hour rule and invites could only be accepted after 24 hours when you were a Gangster and could be killed by other users for being unsponsored. People still stuck around without all of the protection that has been added subsequently.

I would prefer to see new accounts brought to their own designated area where they are educated on how to play the game and they can then select to be someone's associate, eliminating the need to accept an invite and being automatically assigned to an available sponsor.

They would be able to choose a family they would like to join from the outset. If they never logged back in, say after 5 days, the game automatically boots them out and they become an inactive available to be blasted by everyone.

This leaves all non-new accounts to find themselves a family understanding how the game works, whilst those new accounts can then be assessed having already received protection from would be killers.

Report Post Tip

Actually a tutorial system is very high on or priority list. In fact, likely to be the next large project to be tackled. We also plan a 'Job Board' of sorts that will at a certain point of the tutorial allow new players to sign the board to be contacted by crews with offers to join them. Basically an automated way to bring new players together with sponsors without the new guy having to figure out who to contact, and without sponsors having to whore like they used to.

As for a designated area\city, Izzy and I haven't talked about that but it could be done. Maybe, once you have accepted a crew invite you are moved to that city, rather than choosing your starting city when you create your character. I think that would be neat. And as you suggest if they go inactive in that area too long they get booted into a random city as an IA to be shot in their face. This would work with experienced players because they can just take an invite from the crew they intend to join and be moved. The starting city would just be a safe place to not be shot.

Report Post Tip

I suppose you would need to be moved from that city at some point regardless of activity so that people can't just hide and rank there.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm we could even have NPC's in this city that could be PPed and randomly put in jail so people can practice their JB. Try to keep a few NPC's in the jail at any given time. We would have to put some sort of hard cap on how much stats can be gained from them though.

Report Post Tip

There was originally an Ellis Island style safe induction zone mooted about, which I personally think would be a great idea as a way of separating the genuinely new who are in need of guidance from the lazy old timers who should know better and will come back anyway.

Report Post Tip

Aye, Ellis Island, that's what were calling this idea.

Report Post Tip

Oo I like the sound of that

Report Post Tip

With this isn't there a lot of potential for abuse?

For example, I see an unsponsored Gangster who is almost eligible to be shot. His home city is New Orleans and I assume he's there because hey, he's new and probably hasn't travelled yet and if he hasn't bothered to look around and find himself a family he's unlikely to have explored the game fully and moved.Unfortunately I'm in New York and can't get to him before he's a legal shot, so I invite him, which makes other people back off (assuming the feature works as intended and people respect the Invited By), I can then rescind my invite and shoot him when I'm able to get to him?

I'm sure you've thought about that and there's some measure there to stop it going down like I've theorised, but it's worth considering.

Report Post Tip

Excellent idea from Enkindle here.

I 100% support the Ellis Island thing. Anything, anything at all that we can do to further ease a new player into this game is okay with me.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Pending invite shown in profile.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL