Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 13:45:48
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Contact list & group management Started by: Squishy on Oct 02, '12 17:08

Your contact page has some new features!

You can create a custom named group, add people to that group, then assign a color or a symbol that will now show up in the 60 second list.

You can also leave a note for each person in that group, that note is shown in the contacts page, and also on a mouseover of their name in the 60 second list.

Example:

Create a group called Wackers.
Color it bright yellow.
Put all your wackers in the group.
Now anytime friendly wackers come on, you notice.

Create a group called "Suspected of douchebaggery"
Give it a symbol.
Put all your enemies in the list.
Now anytime one of them is active, you notice.

You can add people to multiple lists, however, when using colors - whatever group is highest up on the page, that is the color that the person in multiple group will be. However, when you use symbols, a person in multiple groups can have multiple symbols.

Dead people will remain in the list for a few days, then get removed automatically.

We will be tying in a mass mail feature down the road for this.

Report Post Tip

I really like the new update with the color it's a good idea.

Before this change we were able to see who had us on their list, Was this feature removed? Cause I liked it.

Report Post Tip

You can no longer see who has you on their list.

Report Post Tip

Love it! Love it! LOVE IT! Amazing feature and will come in extremely good use to everyone.

Report Post Tip

Great changes!

But it was nice knowing who had you in their contacts, though. :(

Report Post Tip

Knowing who had you in their contact list however meant that people never added their enemies, which rendered the contact list semi useless for a lot of the different ways it could have been used.

Report Post Tip

Fair enough. Good reasoning.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, we decided to do away with the list of who had you added for that reason.

Also, you may now mass add people to a group, just copy and paste a crew list or the online list. Names can be separated by anything (space, comma, pipe thingy (|)) and then click add.

Report Post Tip

Nice tasteful side boob enkindle.

Report Post Tip

This is awesome. I did however, love being able to see who had me in their contacts. Perhaps a "make group public" option?

Report Post Tip

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!

I did just notice tho that my contacts aren't showing up in color in the jails.   Is that right?

Report Post Tip

Other than not being able to see who has you in their contacts, I like this quite a bit. I like Goku's idea.

Report Post Tip

Can you give me a scenario that most of the users would take advantage of if there was a public group? I just want to make sure it has value to the masses before time is spent on it.

Report Post Tip

I can't really think of anything in particular. But it's always been nice to know who has you in their group of people they consider friends.

How about this for example.

I'm in a group called RPU, we roleplay and whatnot. If I were to make a contact group and name it RPU, and add everyone in the list, then say, a new person to the group notices I have them in my contacts, and would then be tempted to mail me and talk with me about future roleplay endeavors.

I don't know..I really can't think of a way where it would be useful in a gameplay sense, it has just always been nice to know who has you in their contacts. Normally if someone adds me, I add them, and so on.

Report Post Tip

I also don't really think there's a real "use" for it either, but as stated above, it's cool to know who has you. I think plenty would agree there

Report Post Tip

Would it be possible to add in an "Edit contact group name" spot? :)

Report Post Tip

I agree with Goku on this.

This is actually how I found many friends of mine, not knowing what their in game characters were. Having seen they had me as a contact it made me mail them and speak to them.

Report Post Tip

I've also done that many times. YET ANOTHER REASON FOR DIS! >_>

Report Post Tip

ok, love the new lists, little problem, the "add to contacts" button doesn't seem to work for me (HP touchpad user) I'd love to see it lead to a drop down menu with a list of contact groups.

And, my contact list wasn't letting me type in names last night...

Love the way it works and looks, kinda miss the section that told you who's lists you were on.

thanks guys!

Report Post Tip

Lace, they know about that link not working. It's on the list to fix.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Contact list & group management
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL