Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:22:47
Page:  1 
Eyes wide open Started by: OscarTheGrouch on Oct 11, '07 18:55
Oscar steps out into the streets looking for anyone that will listen to him speak.He notices a few people surrounded around a bench.He begins to speak.

As I walk these streets I have started noticing things that are more and more common. Things that where put into place no longer being followed. What has happened to the rules set forth by the leaders of this world. The rules of "all new auths must be introduced before setting up" I specificaly remember reading in my GrandPapy's journal that that was one of the rules all the leaders had agreed upon.Now today I look out my window and I see another family set up but where is the introductions from the other leaders? This is in no way me trying to disrespect anybody. I know Mont has worked his ass off to get where he is.To me and I am sure others may see it the same, not introducing your auth is like a slap in the face to the leader who is setting up.Should the introduction not be a time where the other leaders can publicly congratulate the new leaders? Where the community can congratulate them?

Another reason a auth should be introduced is the fact that they could be scene as a possible rogue.Especially if there is a lack of communication and all leaders are not aware of the current auth.

Now I have other things I have seen but I wish to start with this one an dget some reactions. A little later on I will bring for another point I would like to get some imput on.

He sits down on the bench as he listens and hopes the people around him begin to speak.
Report Post Tip
Well, every point you mention is valid. It seems like you speak from experience, even though you are a low ranker. There are matters of both respect and safety of our streets at issue, and also observance of tradition, which shouldn't be discounted.

One story passed down from previous generations of my bloodline involved a man who bought his own HQ without any notice of any sort from the man who authed him. Not wanting to give the man even one minute to kill someone or get a protection shot, my great grandpappy immediately dropped the new leader dead in his tracks. I can't blame him for it, either. When it comes to the safety of your family, or a dead man from somewhere else, the choice is obvious. A simple introduction could prevent such tragedies.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Eyes wide open
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL