Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 18:14:37
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
The Homepage Started by: Branston on Sep 23, '08 08:50
Whilst I truly commend the efforts of everyone who took part in the competition, particularly the winners, I have a couple of suggestions to make regarding the home page. (I abstained from entering the competition itself due to a complete lack of computer based artistic talent)

Firstly, I'd remove the "Possible Issues" section, it hasn't been updated in a good few months, leading me to believe it isn't really needed. I'd replace it along with something like "Breaking News" which essentially would embellish the event, for example:

Breaking News!

"Word on the street has it that Fabio-Paim just had 5 grand taken from his back pocket"

"Gossipers on the East Coast claim Mikado has just bitten the dust"

Obviously it would rotate as the "what the....don't want you to know" on the main page, and I honestly think it could be the little things like this that make people think "Oh, this seems interesting."

Next up, I'd replace recent forum activity with latest obituaries. I realise this is a text based game and the forums are central to everything, but realistically, if I personally signed up to a game, I'd be interested to see the last 5 deaths rather than the last 5 posts.

I feel when the new design homepage is made, it wouldn't be too difficult to incorporate some of these ideas with the fantastic artwork that has been submitted, providing the admins are in favour of course.
Report Post Tip
Well despite the underwhelming response thus far.

I quite like the idea, nice interesting way to greet you when you log in.

No idea how much fun it will be to code though.
Report Post Tip
I'll give it a whirl.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: The Homepage
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL