Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 06:23:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Gun Tapering Started by: Squishy on Oct 18, '12 15:51

Despite all the math and the questions, I'm all for the fact that we simply don't know, or we cant be 100% sure. The fact that the we have to guess if we could possibly be in the top 10, the fact that we prolly will never know 100% were we sit, is surely only good for the game.

I have said many, many times before that anything that adds the "what if factor" to the game can only be of benefit. I'm all for it, granted it will be difficult to math it up, if you are one of those that sit within the top 10, but so what, its all part of the process.

Its all part of asking if you can 1 shot someone, for far too long this has been to much of a public knowledge. Granted that, as izzy said most will know, but there is still that risk factor that others may think they are, others may think they are not. this could result in wrong math, which I'm all for.

Report Post Tip

"Does the new #6's (former #11) kills start to add on the degrade past his already 750 kills or do his 100 kills past 650 switch to the degrade? "

The code doesnt care about the past, it only cares about "What tier are you at this exact moment"

If you go from #11 to #1, every shot taken at #11 stays at full +1s, it only cares about the current shot it is taking, and what position are you at at that moment.

Report Post Tip

Does it look at just ur total kills for the gunstat, or calculate rank bonuses as well?

Report Post Tip

No bonuses or rank, just walk over maxed

Report Post Tip

would be nice if all the tapering was back dated, would make things a little more interesting

Report Post Tip

what does taper mean exactly?

Your shot's "strength" is minimized after some level?

Report Post Tip

No, it means you get less strength added to your gun from a kill.

ex. A kill gives you plus 1 point to your gun normally. If you are in the top ten strongest guns in the game, you will only get .55 or .70 of a kill or something around those lines, depending on where you are in the top 10 and your total aount of kills.

Report Post Tip

Tapering is good and all and needed but without wackback death or some system of that sorts that makes it dangerous to shoot and even sometimes deadily there is still major unbalences.

Report Post Tip

Thanks a lot for the reply - that clears everything up for me.

Thanks again

Report Post Tip

Quick Question!

Do you have any plans to scale this lower depending on the current state of the game?

*Note that I said lower and not higher. It doesn't obviously need scaling if things get higher as there is already something if guns keep increasing overall*

Report Post Tip

I don't think changing of the scaling would need to happen. If a site wide war were to break out and big guns die, the tapering doesn't come into effect until you have a wack stat of 650 after max.

Report Post Tip

Tapering is great.

Really wish this information would have been kept secret though.

Report Post Tip

Donbot, i agree. that in mind, this is my call out to the PC slash admins. Please do not inform us the exact nature of the final modifications.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree.. Sometimes less information is better for the masses. Exact numbers and stuff just take away from the mystery that we used to enjoy not to mention makes it rather confusing for some.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Gun Tapering
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL