Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 02:05:11
Page:  1 
Winter is coming, and the faceless with it. Started by: Jaqen_Hghar on Oct 25, '12 22:23

Jaqen came to Philadelphia with Sandor Clegane, a man he once worked with until his unfortunate demise, and Jaqen was once again back home with the Strangers. It seemed he was destined to serve a name associated with the many-faced God, as he had done long before he came to Philadelphia, perhaps that was the Red God's way of telling him he had strayed from his path, guiding him back to it... he wasn't sure, but it was no coincidence, that much was certain.

A few weeks after returning home to the Strangers headquarters in Philadelphia, a family he now had sworn to never leave, Jaqen was approached with a request from the Godfather, DeadlySin and his lady hand, the 'fluffy one' as he called her, Bunny. He was asked to head a family of his own, Jaqen was quite surprised and although hesitant to accept the task at first, he was eventually convinced to lead, as all men must serve where needed. And after their discussion, he left to prepare himself as he didn't have long before it was time.

Cold winds were rising in Philadelphia, or as a little girl he once knew would have said it;
'Winter is coming', and it brought a faceless stranger with it, one that was freezing his ass off. But the task to find himself a suitable accommodation for what was soon to be his headquarters had begun, and in his mind, it would need to be a place that reminded him of home yet also of where he came from. It was then he thought of his last visit to Bryn Athyn Cathedral, to pay his respects to Sandor and to ask the Red God for the names of the Delaware men that had slain his brother.

Jaqen paid a visit to the Cathedral again, to speak with the Director there about his plans, and although some may call them criminals, it was an opportunity to house those who needed help and guidance to become something more than just common criminals, the Director knew how many out there were left homeless, broken and given no chance to succeed in life. Jaqen would give them this opportunity, and the Cathedral was big enough to house many men and women. The Director accepted his proposal, as the Cathedral was open seven days a week during daylight hours, no one would even suspect a thing as many lost souls came to this place anyway, and that would also be Jaqen's opportunity to find new recruits, and at night they could work in peace, it would essentially serve as their sanctuary.

With the accommodation settled, Jaqen made his way to the Strangers headquarters, he was met by DeadlySin, Bunny and Lalaith, along with some of the family, family heads from Philadelphia, and a lot of others he didn't personally know with a handful of faces in the crowd he recognized from other cities. It had been announced that Jaqen was going to head a new family in Philadelphia, so he wasted no time when he saw them all standing there, he paid his respects to the Godfather and his hands as well as his fellow Philadelphians. He then turned to the crowd and bowed his head.

"The name is Jaqen H'ghar, some of you may know me, but a lot of you probably don't. I'm quite surprised to be standing here today to give this speech, and I'm sure some of you are as surprised to see me here. A man is unknown to most outside of Philadelphia, but to be silent and just watch was my choice, this may be my second or third appearance in these streets, a shame really, but it is something that will have to change soon enough. However, due to the short notice, and with a lot of things still to be prepared, I will try to keep this short.

First I'd like to say that it's a great honor to be given this chance, a lot of gratitude goes to the Strangers and the city of Philadelphia. I can't say it will be easy, I am after all trying to fill in where the man before me has moved on to bigger and greater things like running his own city, and becoming a Godfather. But I will serve the city of Philadelphia to the best of my ability, and I can only hope that when the Red God takes what is his, my name will be spoken with pride in the hearts of those I served with."

Jaqen cleared his throat and looked at DeadlySin with a smile, he then turned to the crowd and shocked them all, Jaqen laughed as he heard someone yell 'what the fuck!?' in the back, just to prove himself worthy of the name he was about to announce, he had changed his appearance in front of them. "A man has learned many things in the service of the Red God, one of those things is how to be a faceless man, or in this case, how to look like a cute little bunny, I was taught the ways of the Faceless Men while in Braavos, raised to do things that most would consider impossible, in a place that many consider not to exist. And that is why I will be naming our family Faceless Men of Braavos, it reminds me of home, as the Red God whom we serve is also known as the Stranger, and it also reminds me of where I came from, and to never forget our way of life.

And I will try to raise those that serve under me according to our ways, but more about that as soon as I have settled in at our new headquarters and the renovations are completed. Thank you all for taking the time to listen, sorry for looking the way I do right now, but I will change back to the handsome me in a second." As Jaqen finished, he waved his hand in front of his cute bunny face and went back to looking like the old Jaqen H'ghar. "And no, I will not be performing this 'trick' during Halloween... unless you have a lot of gold." He said and winked at the people standing before him.

Report Post Tip

Lalaith stood in the crowd at the announcement of the newest family in Philadelphia, the Faceless Men of Braavos. Waiting for him to finish introducing his family, she approached Jaqen to congratulate him and hand him a gift of an old iron coin.

Here you go old friend, to remind you of home! Congratulations on your family, I know you will do great things for Philadelphia.

As she wandered off in the direction of the nearest bar, she shouted back at Jaqen.

Don't lose it! That thing was like trying to find hens teeth!

Report Post Tip

Jaqen smiled at Lady Lalaith as she walked away, it had been a while since he'd seen the coin passed on to him, "you forgot, Valar Morghulis. My dear Lalaith, but this coin will certainly come in handy in our family, thank you ma'am." He said as she disappeared into the crowd, probably off to get drunk, for the both of them.

Report Post Tip

*Andromeda hold her arms out To  Jaqen_Hghar and hugs him warmly.*

Congratulations! I wish you the best!

Report Post Tip

Renekton listens to Jaqen's speech

'I expected this.. And i'm glad i'm right for once fella , you're one of the best choices philly had and i'm certain you'll do philly great'

Report Post Tip

A man has served his time will under some fine leaders, its no surprise that he's making the step up into leadership himself.

Imperial Bastards wish you well in your future, though i'm sure it will be one full of much coin and success.

Report Post Tip

Tetley listens intently to the speech being given by his long time friend Jaqen while he drinks a cuppa outside a small Philly café on the corner. After a few well wishers have congratulated him Tetley strolls over to him.

"What can I say other than it's about god damn time. Congratulations my friend I know you'll do well for yourself and the city of Philadelphia."

Tetley offers a small wooden box containing half a dozen Havana cigars.

"I hear they are rolled on the thighs of virgins, lets just hope it wasn't a our mutual Canadian friend."

Report Post Tip

Jaqen hugged Andromeda back and looked at the others that approached them, "Thank you Andromeda, and for your kind words, Renekton." He said and turned to the little lion from Detroit, and his left hand of the Faceless Men. "Although I may never get to be 'rich as a Lannister', as yourself my dear lion, I hope you are right as coin is very much needed in these dark times."

Jaqen said and bowed his head to Tyrion before accepting Tetley's gift and shuddered at the thought of their mutual friend's hairy thighs. "If I weren't so happy to see you with me, I may have refused this gift, but I appreciate a good cigar every now and then, so thank you my friend." He patted Tetley on the shoulder with a smile on his face, and asked that he stayed at his side until this was all over.

Report Post Tip

I just have one question.... are you sure you aren't Rogue?

Report Post Tip

"A man can be anyone, my dear friend." He said to Chuck with a smile, even though he knew that wasn't really his question, he chose to pick 'Rogue' by name rather than actions taken by dishonorable men. "One of many perks of being a Faceless Man, I guess, perhaps one day I can be Chuck Bartowski, all I need is your face... if you are willing to give it up." He said to the old man and winked.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Winter is coming, and the faceless with it.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL