Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 15:44:08
Page:  1 
My Upbringing Started by: Gino_Macelli on Oct 03, '08 03:00
I do not know my real name, I am known as Gino_Macelli, owner of Gino's Pizzeria, proud member of The Mocha Syndicate. This is my story.

I was brought up poor. My poor father and mother were constantly struggling to raise their three children. I was the eldest of the three children. Now, out of the five of us, I am the only one left...

My father was a petty thug for as long as I could remember. He would commit petty crimes to try and raise our family and put food on the table. We were required to go to mass every Sunday and Papa always glared at the "Dons," which was his term for mobsters. We were also required to confess every Sunday. Papa always preached to us how bad it was to commit sins against the father and that one of the worst sins was to take advantage of helpless others. This is why he hated the mafia, hated mobsters. He said that they thrived on other peoples' weakness and depravity while they lived "high on the horse." He even blamed our situation on the mob. Such a hypocrite...

When I was ten years old, my father came home happy for the first time that I had seen in a very long time. He said that he had completed a very successful job that day and that we wouldn't have to worry about food or money for quite some time. I heard him tell my mother that he had finally "stuck it to one of those damned Dons." He, my mother, and my young siblings celebrated and they gave me some money and a list to go to the market to get groceries for dinner. He even told me to get some candy for all of us. I was ecstatic! We were all ecstatic...

I returned home about an hour later to see my house billowing in a tower of flames, two men standing outside next to a black car with gas cans at their feet. "Mama! Papa!" I cried out as I dropped the groceries and started to run toward the house. One of the men grabbed me and held me down on the ground for a minute. I was then tied up, blindfolded, and gagged...

The next thing I remember I was sitting on a plush couch in a cozy sitting room. A large gentleman wearing a very nice suit sat across from me. Scared and angry at what I had seen (seemingly moments ago) I rushed at the man trying to hit, bite, claw, kick-anything to hurt him and get back home. All of my efforts landed me on the floor due to a strong swift backhand from this gentleman.

"Stay there and listen to me!" I was told in a firm voice.

I decided it best to do just that.

"My name is Emilio_Macelli and I have saved your life! I realize that you are young and you must be very hurt and confused right now, but I need two things from you right now. I need to know your name and I need you to try and act grown up for a bit. Can you do that?"

"Y-y-yessir. I-i think so. I'm Gino." I managed to squeak at a mouse like volume.

"You have two choices right now. One, I will allow you to live with me and I will be your new father. I will take care of you and raise you right. You will not go without again. or Two, you are free to go and try to survive on your own. You will make your choice tonight after supper and you will have only one chance...

As Emilio raised me he explained to me the ways of life. He raised me to be respectful and loyal, no matter what I did. He instilled in me the importance of family, explained how the family will help to protect you if you help the family. He was very involved in New York crime syndicate but worked very hard to keep me away from that life.

Emilio was a Gangster. He was one of the two men who had killed my family. My father had stabbed and robbed a Detroit mob boss but had made the unfortunate mistakes of being seen and not killing said boss. Emilio was sent to find my father and make an example of him. Out of it all, Emilio got a child, and I got a new life...

When Emilio died I came to Philadelphia for a change of scenery. I went to sleep in my hotel room one night and awoke to a gentleman in my room with two large bodyguards. He explained to me how "this thing of ours" works. The rest is history.
Report Post Tip
Enjoyed that Gino, always nice to hear a bit of background about people.
Report Post Tip
I enjoyed it, it was nice to see where you came from.
Report Post Tip
I figure people need to get to know me before they can befriend or trust me. Right?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My Upbringing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL