Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 20:30:18
Page:  1 
whats your pet hate ? Started by: michael on Oct 03, '08 05:58
Mine is seeing very well protected goomba's and earners shouldnt they be donating to there boss ?
Report Post Tip
Renegade looks at the confused person

Sir, 99% of the time, those bodyguards are bought for them by the Boss themselves. As either a kind gift or to keep there hitters alive.
Report Post Tip
It's Obvious that they are V.I.P members of whatever family they are in Sir. It's impossible to come up with that much cash to fund protection as a Goomba. Well at least not a Extremely well protected Goomba.
Report Post Tip
Noodles, its almost impossible for a Goomba to come up with enough cash in 2 days to pay for 1 bodyguard much less more than that.
Report Post Tip
Are you sure about that Renegade, I have had members of my family line come pretty close to buying a Bodyguard before ranking and then the price shooting up. Possibility of them becoming protected slipping through there hands like a fish at a...umm...fish shop.
Report Post Tip
Fish at a fish shop... Thats not even a proper analogy! And if you have come close to making 1 mil in 24 hours with only being able to deal 5 units at a time... you must be the lawd himself!
Report Post Tip
Well not only is there a huge chance of finding a slippery fish at a fish shop but you don't have to make close to 1mil to purchase your first Bodyguard. Unless you consider half of a mill close to a mill because unless I'm mistaken the first Bodyguard is 500k. I'm going to prove you wrong and buy one!
Report Post Tip
NoOdle gets to work
Report Post Tip
I actually find this topic to be very interesting.

Whether you CAN afford a Bodyguard as a lowly gangster or goomba is honestly irrelevant. At such a low rank, all bodyguards will really do is draw attention to you. Unless you are a right hand or a left hand, I cannot fathom why your boss would be buying you bodyguards, and if you have a different patron providing you with funds, why you would be selfish enough to buy bodyguards for yourself instead of donating the funds to your boss is, frankly, beyond me.

Bodyguards help, indeed, but if your boss dies and you are a goomba with no family and are well protected, all you will do is draw a hail of bullets towards you to end your life.

If you, as a lower ranked member of our society, are rich or have multiple bodyguards, I simply find myself wondering why. Why not donate to your boss, as his safety protects you far more than yet another nameless guard.
Report Post Tip
Even the King himself has no bodyguards....This world...Im sad...Any Knights for Hire???? $5/hr Holiday Pay..2 Days vacation once every 3 years.Sorry No medical.
Report Post Tip
I completely agree with Daera -the man does talks sense sometimes - seeing gangsters and goombas with loads of protection doesnt make sense to me at all.

It may well be the son or daughter of a former member of the family who was killed which is all well and good but, shouldnt the person prove themselves as their parents had? After all surely their parents weren't werent handed a ton of cash for protection straight away, they had to work for it, who is to say once the person has all this protection they aren't going to get lazy and not put the effort in they would have had they worked hard and earned the protection bestowed upon them.

One thing which annoys me even more than this is someone who's father or mother was killed asking me for money to get a Bodyguard. look at me do I walk around with any protection? no. so why the hell would I give someone else cash to get protection.

My rants arent just exclusivly about BGs and money though there is something else that has always not sat right with me.

It is when a member of the family has done something serious enough they have to be killed for it, then all of a sudden you find out that there son or daughter has been recruited into the family.

Ok you can give peoples bloodline another chance hopefully the next person won't make the same mistakes their parents did, but if someone had disrespected me with actions serious enough they had to be killed for it why would you want their offspring around to possibly fuck up again?

I know that this has happened for as long as I can remember and I think it swings peoples decisions when they make choices that could result in their death because people know that if they fuck up there will always be a home for their children no matter what. but that is another discussion completely.

And don't get me started on people who fuck up then their children are accepted into the family and then given cash for bodyguards!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: whats your pet hate ?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL