Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:28
Page:  1 
Just Another Warm Body. Started by: LadySnide on Nov 16, '12 17:34

My least favorite part of war hasn't been the fact that my mother just died, but rather the mad scramble of leaders to fill their crews with warm, money making cash cows when the heirs of the fallen first arrive to the cities. 

hello there how are you doing today?   I'm GrizzlySon! But you can call me Grizzly.I was wondering if you were finding everything OK and if there was any way i could persuade you to an awesome family that's growing In a City of many opportunity's! Would you be interested in coming to New York and putting your mark in the wonderful city?

This is what arrived in my mailbox just minutes ago. There's no getting to know who he was trying to recruit. Could I be a potential rogue down the line? Could I have ill-intentions against the very city he's trying to whore me to? Frankly, he doesn't care. I'm just another warm body that will make him and his family money.

I long for the days when people cared around these cities. I long for the days when people were promoted to positions of power based upon merit. 

Note to the leaders out there: If these are the best sponsors you can find, then perhaps you should be a little more hands on and do the recruiting yourself. There was always a right way to go about this and sadly, some of you are falling down on the job.

Report Post Tip

Because mobsters don't go around looking for recruits in order to make money.

They look for recruits in order to find a lifelong friend who will snuggle with them by a warm fire.

With a glass of cocoa and a soft quilt.

Report Post Tip

Trainer had been listening to peoples opinions of what had transpired over recent hours and taking a swig from his hip flask decided to put his respectful thoughts to be heard.

Reading through a lot of posts here in the streets and various coffee shops, it seems to me that there seems to be a lot of bitterness and holding on to what has passed. Nobody can change what has been done and whether people like it or not, just got to get on with the here and now.

I really do not know why people feel the need to turn rogue. Their intentions will become clear very quickly (one would hope) and dealt with swiftly and concisely by the family concerned, so whats the point?

I agree with LadySnide, if a little more time was taken to get to know people before running free with invitations, might stop some rogue elements entering the family realms and destroying the very foundation a lot of people trust and believe in.

With that said, Trainer turned around and faded into the milling crowd and disapeared.

Report Post Tip

I don't normally pick paragraphs apart sentence by sentence because it quite often leads to things being taken out of context that skew the argument, but since there is so much mind numbing stupidity in what you've said, I feel like i can make an exception!

"My least favorite part ... the mad scramble of leaders to fill their crews with warm, money making cash cows when the heirs of the fallen first arrive to the cities"

If you don't like that the lower echelons exist solely as a way to generate income for hte higher ups, I should suggest you are in the wrong line of business entirely. Note that there is a low rank called 'earner'; note that there is a higher rank called 'Boss'. If this doesn't point out something very obvious, then I'm sorry.

"There's no getting to know who he was trying to recruit."

Why would there be? You're well aware that the timeframe for recruiting a mobster is 24 hours. You're also aware that the minimum timeframe for said mobster being someone who is actually valued in the family is at least 11 days. Which seems a more logical timeframe for getting to know someone? I'll give you a clue; it's the one where you have more time.

"Could I be a potential rogue down the line? Could I have ill-intentions against the very city he's trying to whore me to?"

As I've just said, it doesn't really matter. You're an associate, whether you have ill intentions toward the city is irrelevant. Whether you could be a potential rogue is also irrelevant. If you joined this man as an associate, he has at least 11 days, rather than 24 hours, in which to make these decisions and decide with his Boss whether you are appropriate material for advancement.

"Frankly, he doesn't care. I'm just another warm body that will make him and his family money."

Correct. That's exactly what you are; it is the fundamental role of an associate. You have a massively inflated opinion of yourself considering you have a massively skewed idea of how the Mafia hierarchy operates.

"I long for the days when people cared around these cities. I long for the days when people were promoted to positions of power based upon merit. "

As I've mentioned in another post, I have been around here longer than most. It's also worth noticing that for a very high percentage of this time, my line has been either bold or slantly. Please enlighten me as to this golden era where all mobsters were philanthropic do gooders, because I genuinely can't remember it. What I remember is every Mobster doing what benefitted his and his own most of all because that is the most central tenet of the Mafia.

Report Post Tip

I only was looking for new recruits do to the recent death's,,I don't need sponsors but are willing to give them a chance to prove thereselves in the city of New York... the rest involved is up to their loyalty and activity in the city itself,,on how far they make it in The Morningwood Elite family ..

Report Post Tip

I'd like to toss my two cents in here as well.

For the record, I've been around for quite a while, but it's been off and on. Wouldn't you rather give the new folks a chance to prove themselves as more than just a target? 

I'm glad folks are approached, and remember a time when you'd better get something lined up or else as soon as you got off the boat you'd be back in the drink feeding the fishes.

Since you can get into a family relatively easy, I think there is more a focus on building up a name for yourself, instead of just scrambling around to make sure you don't end up with a bullet in your keister.  In the Mafia, you may find yourself under the protective wing of a family, but you don't get jack for respect unti lyou prove yourself.  How would we get any newcomers to show what they have to offer if they're picked off the moment they're the right age?

Tosses two shiny pennies into the pot.

I realize I'm a relative nobody, but I"m truly grateful for being contacted when I got off the boat. 

Report Post Tip

Thank You Very Much For understanding the issue ,,Ariadne

Report Post Tip

So yeah I wasnt even going to dignify this with a response but since when is it a sponsor's job to try and buy your love. GrizzlySon said it best. He was willing to try and give you a shot. You can choose to accept his offer or you can ignore it and move on. There was really no need to come out here and diss not just him but everyone in the world. Honestly if your ancestors are not coming back good riddance. As if you would make a better leader than the ones we have now with your disrespect and moronic view of yourself as someone special. And if your not willing to give people you dont even know a shot then your not worth our time.

Report Post Tip

hmm I just realized you did use the word some but still 

Report Post Tip

Next time somebody approaches you and you don't like what they have to say, I suggest you ignore them instead of trying to make a spectacle of it where you will always end up hurting your own image way more than you could ever possibly hurt anybody else's.

I'm sure that most people who agree with you that it was just a whore attempt still believe this is not the way to go about it.

Report Post Tip

Damn right you're nothing but a warm body you pissant Thug. You fail to point out that to do any actual damage to anyone (due to the way our world works now) it takes time... lots of time. During this period, I would expect that Grizzly and other members of that family would have been keeping an eye on you. Watching you on the streets (where you've been making an ass out of yourself lately), watching how you interact with the rest of the family, watching you build your gun.

How the fuck can you get to know someone within 48 hours? You CAN'T. So yes... people get the bodies in, THEN find out what sort of person they are like... who wouldn't want free money while they judge whether someone is fit for the family or not?

You're grasping to an age-old concept that "member whoring" is bad. Things work differently here now.. my blood has had to adapt to it and one day you will have to as well.. or leave. Either way I'm not particularly fussed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Just Another Warm Body.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL