Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:22:08
Page:  1 
Really? Again? Started by: Countdown on Nov 17, '12 07:05

So... here we are again after a takedown/war.

People died, people lived, people cried over lost loved ones... PEOPLE WHINED LIKE FUCKING BITCHES. I do realise that there will always be those that can't help coming out onto the streets and crying that their mother/father's died, but I'm here today to try to stem the tide a wee bit.

99.99% of our population's bloodlines have been there before, they have lived and died... usually they feel that its for some unjust reason, no matter what the circumstances. The people we have seen here recently griping about their ancestors' demise may feel they have just cause to come out here and cry/bitch/moan/whine/stomp their feet. That's a view I can't really tackle... such is the height of their emotions that they can't comprehend simple facts and truths regarding lost loved ones.

However... I would like to use a saying that couldn't be more pertinent right now and that is "Time is a great healer". At some point in the future, which could be hours, days, weeks or months away you're going to realise that it's not worth crying over. All it does is make you look like a fool.  You are the figure of fun for that short period. Accept that your relatives and friends have died and move on... by move on I don't mean totally forget it. You have every right to be seething if you truly believe your blood and his/her friends were unjustly killed, but by coming out onto the streets with your toys and throwing them out of the pram you are achieving nothing but a possible loss of respect and maybe even friends that your ancestors worked so hard for. Die with some class. You may not care if myself or others on "this side of the fence" think you are an idiot... and probably rightly so. But your mother/father's friends will be watching you and seeing how you are reacting and could easily end up feeling the same way as your adversaries after watching the spectacle you put on.

Apart from what happened in the past couple of days I can think of a perfect example of the 2 different ways that people react to death. The East Coast vs West Coast war. LA and LV started the war with NY, PH stepped in to help and chaos ensued. When the dust had settled and PH/NY emerged as the victors we had a constant flow of vitriol in the following weeks, however the people in the know were smart enough to see and realise that only one half of the LA/LV faction's children were the ones doing the bitching, LA's (I must point out that not ALL of LA did this, some of their offspring were just as gracious in defeat). Meanwhile, the children of Las Vegas' members simply took it on the chin... there was no bitching or whining. They simply resisted the urge to let their emotions overcome simple and logical thinking. Some even gave PH/NY credit for fighting with such verocity.

Why did the bloodlines of LA do this? Quite simple... raw emotion. They came out to the streets arms waving and bellowing from the top of their lungs about how unfair and unjust it was (even though it was the west coast that actually started the war lol).

Now... back to the quote I used earlier of "Time is a great healer"... where are these former LA members who were so incensed now? They have taken a reality check and realised that they will get nothing from griping. Don't get me wrong... many of them may still hold that grudge and in the future we could see that come to light but they're not out here making an ass out of themselves for the whole world to see.

So to summarise... those people whose emotions are running high, take a step back and a deep breath because right now you are looking nothing more like an insane rambling buffoon, akin to Kuklinski.

Report Post Tip

Clearly this man is either too high or in his case, more likely not high enough. How dare you remember LV and not make a single insult directed towards the Scousefather,

WhereAml spits on the grave,

The reason they took it on the chin is because they were all too high, crazy, scousish, or crazy to care about dying. I don't know what was worse about that city, the leadersip or the fact no one authed them. Just a bunch of rag tag pot heads and nut jobs led by a scouse. God damn the scouse father and his god forsaken monkeys. Any change is a welcome change after my bloodline lived through that hell! I mean as much as you may miss the speeches written in crayon, I'll continue listening to everything else anyone says ever. Also, I may not have posted the anonymous hit on Mr. FlouryTortoise, but you can count on me keeping that thing alive forever! Death to the Scouse!

Report Post Tip

Ultimately, I think it's something we always see from certain bloodlines. As much as we try to make concessions and maintain this idea that every mobster is his own man and should not be judged for his blood, it remains a fact that we see repeated whining every one or two generations from the sake folks. Must be a recessive gene, or something.

My problem with the whining is that it's either hypocritical (as you mentioned in another speech, Countdown) or totally unnecsssary. Wth the former, it is case of embittered offpsring being bitter about events that overtook them, and choosing the 'THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE' defense as a justifcation, despite their forebears being happy with the status quo for long periods of time. This is interesting only because it is both reprehensible and very amusing. It is, in short, behaviour I would not tolerate from a toddler; so why the sweet fuck should I accept it from an adult?

If the whining takes it's root in a genuine feeling of 'THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE' then it is just an exercise in superfluousness. Guess what, little man, I didn't particular agree with your parents point of view when they had the ability to kill well protected, high ranking mobster; why on earth would you find me any more receptive now the larger threat has been dealt with and you have achieved nothing?

That's my view, anyway.

Report Post Tip

I remember your family line crying and moaning like a little bitch several times, usually followed by a "quit".

Report Post Tip

And how long ago was this CSB? Could you delve any further into the past? (That wasn't even on MR... it was .org you clown lol).

Report Post Tip

No, no... Several times in MR as well.

Anyhow, here you are bitching about the bitchers. Somethings never change.

Report Post Tip

Only one time my blood has threatened to quit THIS world... and that most definitely wasn't over the death of an ancestor (Blame EvilClown :P).

Keep making up those lies pal, I'm sure someone out there will believe them. lol

Report Post Tip

whatever floats your boat mate.

Report Post Tip

FlyingPig,Anita and SalvatoreRiina taught me ages ago: Die with some fucking grace!

A classic example of this is: Roman...he was GF longer than anyone ever. He was the ultimate survivor of this thing of ours. And guess what? He DIED!

These people who aren't a 1/4 of what Roman accomplished think they had what it took to survive longer?

Nobody is immune here folks. This is a wicked way of life we live, no matter who you are and what you think you are. If your wanted dead, you die. It is a certainty around here.

Report Post Tip

" (even though it was the west coast that actually started the war lol)."

loled at that

Report Post Tip

living causes death.  Simple.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Greenthumb. ^^ 

Report Post Tip

While I agree in principle that people shouldn't be out here moaning about Daddy's death, can we PLEASE get out here and discuss wars. These streets were once the heart and soul of this place, they buzzed. Reputations were built out here. Wars were predicted, and announced, and examined after the fact out here... now? Not so much. Anyone who wants to come out here and have their say about a war should feel free to do so, even if their daddy died and they're pissed about it.

War is the biggest event in our lives, and they pass with barely a mention in the streets. That's sad. Attacking those who question power with "you're just pissed your daddy died" or "it's the mafia we're not nice people" is bollocks, frankly, and has contributed to the death of these streets.

Report Post Tip

Zed searches the streets high and low with vigorously wide eyes.  Seeing that people were starting to notice his odd behavior he decided to address them.

WHERE'S THE LIKE BUTTON IN THIS STREET!??!!  Oh, heh, hey guys.  I over heard you all talking and I just wanted to say that my ancestors  were once or twice or A HOUNDRED!!! times on the shit end of the ugly stick.  IT'S NOT PRETTY!!!!  But you move on, you know?  SO STOP CRYING!! because everything will come out ok in the long run.

Zed wonders off down the street still looking for the like button.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Really? Again?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL