Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:04:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Jack's Hardware Store - Detroit Started by: UncleJack on Nov 17, '12 12:57

<em>walks in looking around goes towards the masonary section</em>

Hello?  Is anybody here to help me grab 20 bags of 50lbs  quick dry cement?  Is there anything needed with the cement to help it settle down well?

<em>walks up and down the aisle waiting for somebody to help</em>

Report Post Tip

Sorche smiles at George. Taking a look at the colour chart she points out the blue thats just a shade before it looks almost white.

I would like this one please, sir.

She waits as he finds the paint then hands him the list once again. Taking things until finally the list is cleared.Turning towards the counter she grins.

Would you believe I have never been in a hardware store? This was fun. I really should do more shopping here.

Report Post Tip

As Gustave has collected Sorche's order together and left her talking pastels with George he begins strolling towards the rear of the store before spotting a new customer eyeing quick dry cement in the masonary section.

Hello sir, welcome to UncleJack's Hardware Store Detroit.

Now then, quick drying cement. We do a roaring trade on cement products here in Motor City.

What I'd recommend for settling our cement down quickly is about 1lb of Calcium Chloride per half bag mix, it'll send the stuff off in no time.

Also, if you want something which can weigh down, erm, certain items for permanent disposal then some of our Pervious Concrete may be of use to you sir.

Gustave points to a stack of Permeable Paving slabs.

These can be very easily modified and shaped for, erm, many applications...

Report Post Tip

I looks around and sees all kinds of cement.  She believes that she should get one of each, but not sure yet.

"Excuse me Sir.  I was wondering if you had samples of these that I could test out first before I buy bulks of cement.  I believe that once I try them all out within a week or so.  I will let you know my orders."

She looks around the aisle and sees seeds and starts walking towards that aisle while waiting for Mr. UncleJack to get the samples.

Report Post Tip

Gustave fetches a few sample bags after discussing permeable paving slabs with PhysicalAttraction.

Now then madam, I've got three types of cement for you to try.

This bag contains Portland cement. It's an excellent all round product but takes around 6hrs to set depending on the aggregate and cement mix used.

The second one contains Natural cement. This type of cement was used by the Romans and was possibly discovered by the Ancient Macedonians. It cures by Pozzolanic reaction and contains aluminate.

We also have some Fly Ash cement containing slag, silica fume and natural pozzolans, this is our own mix and also contains calcium sulfate in the form of Gypsum. We mix the ingredients specifically for quick setting characteristics and recommend it for emergency use when time is short for normal curing.

Gustave hands the three samples to PhysicalAttraction and smiles.

Just let us know when you've made your decision and we'll be happy to meet your requirements.

Report Post Tip

Jelena was sleeping in her hotel room when she got a call from a family member. There was a situation in Detroit that needed to be handled. A couple people had to be rubbed out and they would have to cover their tracks. After a brief conversation, she told the guy to come to her room. She called down to the kitchen, and ordered coffee up. She began writing a list.

Hardware Store Shopping List:

1. shovel
  2. stirrup hoe
  3. garden hose
  • shovel
  • flat edged shovel
  • pitch fork
  • stirrup hoe
  • rake
  • wheelbarrow
  • garden hose
  • water wand
  • garden gloves
  • natural jute twine
  • pail
  • Haw's watering can
  • sharp knife
  • nylon trellis
  • trowel
  • lime
  • 20 bags cement mix
  • 18' link chain
  • 6 10' moving blankets
  • seed starting supplies

Jelena looked over her list and was satisfied. Fifteen minutes later there was a knock at her door. She let the man in and handed him the list.

Take this list to Jack's Hardware Store and get everything on it. I know a place where we can bury these guys but we are going to have to do some gardening to cover it up. Jelena told him. Here, wait! Hand me that list back. She took it and added a note.

Jack’s Hardware Store Detroit

Just in case you forget the name of the place. Take the road out of here to the north. Turn right at the second light and you will see it. There is a storage garage six blocks further down. Rent a place and put it all in there for now, Jelena instructed him. With the man off getting the materials, Jelena made a couple more calls to get locals on these dirtbags. She will find them and have this assignment complete by the end of the weekend.

Report Post Tip

Jack's Hardware Store - Detroit

Friction spots the sign swinging lazily in the evening breeze and wonders if he can get his goods from this store.

Despite visiting several hardware stores recently he cannot seems to be able to find the right shade of paint which his aunt Marie had asked him to find, should he encounter some. So far he hadn't!

Approaching the door he is just about to enter when an associate calls him from across the street, urgently beckoning him.

Bah, Friction mutters under his breath, I'll have to come back later.

Report Post Tip

Angus had been looking through his family album recently and had come across some photographs of his Great Uncle and standing out back of his Hardware Store proudly overseeing a consignment being loaded onto a brand new Closed Cab Pick-Up.

From what Angus had discovered from the family journals, UncleJack had dealt in almost any commodity which people wanted to deal in, and a few more that most regular guys didn't!

Having a little time to kill between business appointments Angus decided to go visit the old store and see if there was any business running there now and having found the location reasonably easily he couldn't really miss the place. Hanging lazily in the evening breeze the old sign, a little rusty now, still hung above the old store's door.

Jack's Hardware Store - Detroit

Damn, it nearly brought a tear to Angus' eye. Almost but not quite.... 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Jack's Hardware Store - Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL