Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 06:31:43
Page:  1 
The Calamari: Post-War Edition announcement Started by: LilacDelaney on Nov 21, '12 07:26

Lilac steps out onto the streets, dragging a crate to just outside the door of The Borgata HQ and clears her throat.

Everyone. I wanted to take a moment to let you all know that The Calamari will be running it's next edition this week; due to recent events, we are currently dealing with a backlog and wish to take the time to ensure that this week's paper covers events with pinpoint accuracy and appropriate respect following the deaths of our fallen.

Rest assured my staff are working around the clock and I hope to go to press within a few days. There will also be an announcement regarding the recent Merchants of Menace competition, for those who have queries. I would ask that the sons and daughters of those who participated and shortly thereafter lost their lives pop by my office, where I will be happy to speak with you.

You will understand the delay given that Chicago's priority, much like every other city, is to turn all attention to rebuilding and repairing in the wake of the war. Finally, I'd like to pay my respects to all the fallen. May they rest in peace and be remembered for valliance and honour.

Thank you.

Stepping down from her crate, Lilac signals to her bodyguard to put it out of sight and walks back indoors with her head bowed.

Report Post Tip

The Tabloid News would never delay production to get "pinpoint accuracy."  This is why The Tabloid News is a superior newspaper.  There is no delay due to "fact chacking" or other such meddlesome details.

Report Post Tip

Fact chacking should never be encouraged.

Report Post Tip

The Tabloid News would never delay production to get "pinpoint accuracy." This is why The Tabloid News is a superior newspaper. There is no delay due to "fact chacking" or other such meddlesome details.

I think the key word here is tabloid, Sir. The Calamari is not a tabloid. Rather, it is a social commentary and a vehicle for information; some useful, some not so useful but comic nonetheless. I would be betraying my journalistic obligation if I weren't to prioritise accuracy.

A superior newspaper concerns itself greatly with the meddlesome details; it is those details that the wider public take an interest in. A tabloid exists purely for entertainment and titillation and I am glad to see the return of The Tabloid News, because the Pickles clan never fails to entertain me.

Perhaps it is your lack of ''fact chacking'' that led to the misconception that I like to keep a bizarre breed of pets known as ''cruelty animals''. I can only assume that you were perhaps referring to my bodyguards, but who can blame a lady for wanting to surround herself with a bit of prime beef?

Report Post Tip

Glad to see our Editors enjoying each others papers I only have one question Where is the Bloody Knuckle????

Report Post Tip

I wouldnīt mind showing you one provided you come close enough to me...

Report Post Tip

I eagerly await the next edition of The Calamari, I must admit that I do enjoy reading it with my morning coffee.

Deadly smiles at Lilac and carries on his way.

Report Post Tip

will pointpoint accruacy include LA GF input? otherwise it wont be accurate. the truth is still out there. 

Report Post Tip

I really donīt think even the LA GF could dispute the reasons behind the war, but Iīm sure it would be great to hear from her next of kin sharing the deceasedīs thoughts.

Report Post Tip

I think you misunderstand, crazykid (or is your name Mulder? Scully?).

The facts to hand will be represented accurately. Those facts that are not in my possession will remain, as you so succinctly put it, ''out there'' and as such may or may not exist.

It's all philosophy, dear.

Report Post Tip

I absolutely agree with Aidan - I openly welcome thoughts from next of kin. As I said, I can only work with the information I have. I'm always delighted to expand on it.

Report Post Tip

I dont believe the former Godmother of LA can speak. Unless the dead have risen, then we have some rather serious issues on our hands.

Report Post Tip

Tell me who said anything about the Godmother speaking. Shouldn't you listen more carefully if you're gonna attempt to whip out snide remarks? I mean, those can easily backfire if you base those on false assumptions.

Report Post Tip

<blockquote>will pointpoint accruacy include LA GF input? otherwise it wont be accurate. the truth is still out there. </blockquote>

Pretty sure the reference to the former Godmother is right there.

Report Post Tip

Ugh, pardon my wierd finger quotes I attempted to use.

Report Post Tip

I apologize, Alexander. Your snide remarks WERE justified... I somehow assumed you were talking to me and/or Lilac.

It seems that today, I need to be the one to listen carefully.

Smiles and walks away...

Report Post Tip

Which city was it that had nothing to do with the war?

Report Post Tip

Detroit?

Report Post Tip

The Tabloid News also has an advice column. Seems better.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Calamari: Post-War Edition announcement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL