Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 14:27:31
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
New Crew Type: Gangs Started by: Justino on Oct 06, '08 12:58
This suggestion takes into account the series of events that have left us with where we are now. It is also inspired by the suggestion Evsie put out in the street. There are too few crews and not enough willing and able players to reorganize. It will be a very long time before the high ranks fill up again and we have enough crews to hold everyone.

This idea is the ability for an earner to create a crew of about 10 or 15 members. An earner would be able to create this gang and later turn it into a 25 member crew when the CL has reached Made Man. It would not be much of a threat to any crews considering the highest members within the crew would really only be a wise guy. The hope there is that crewleaders will be more willing to give auth to these gangs. This would promote a system where there are many more crews to choose from for new members and wars would hopefully be more restrictive to certain areas within the game, thus increasing the survival rate.
Report Post Tip
Would the gangs be affiliated with crews in any way? For example... would they work sort of like a captaincy? Or be completely independent?
Report Post Tip
It could work either way really.
Report Post Tip
I think that if the gangs could function sort of as SCs it would be very useful. I just can't see cls allowing unaffiliated gangs to prosper. Especially if they could become true crews once the gang leader hit MadeMan.
Report Post Tip
I don't think an unaffiliated gang would be strong enough to be considered much of a threat to any crew. Hopefully gang leaders would ask for auth prior to turning it into a crew. At the same time, however, you'd be much more likely to get auth having proved yourself with running a smaller version of a crew.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea.
Report Post Tip
Excellent idea my good sir,

what would make this idea even more superb (as mentioned before) affiliate these with sub-crew's

instead of just having divisions within crew's, make gang's that would be considred "sub-crew's" and are under the control of a family, but yet still contain some independence,

of course it could be possibly to have a completley independent gang, but either way i love the idea
Report Post Tip
I think that this is a great idea!

First, there will be more options for what crew you want to work for.

Second, HQs wont be so limited and full.
Report Post Tip
The only question for this would be, 1. Would you have too be authed to open a "gang" 2. I suppose you would have to purchase your "gang" the same as you do an HQ. But none the less this is a good idea.

The_Dude has spoken.
Report Post Tip
I think this is a really good idea especially because the lack of crews and space in the crews. Everyone is pretty much sitting ducks.
Report Post Tip
Captaincies are subcrews. Whilst I think this could actually be a worthwhile suggestion, for these to be affiliated to families would be tricky in the scheme of things.

In the recent past we've seen Captains operate pretty much independently of the Family they work for, which shouldn't be the case. The likelihood of anyone below the rank of Capo speaking to the upper structure are low, making the chances of them working for them directly even lower.

I suppose a gang could work for a Captain, but then why not just have them as part of the Captain's crew anyway?

The housing crisis could be solved, if the ranks names actually reflect the abilities of the people who have been given them. Anyone at the rank of Capo should be trusted with a Captaincy of their own.

I would also be a little concerned about the well being of these gangs. Earners and Wise Guys are not difficult targets - but then I suppose in a realistic scheme of things, they are not untouchable.

If someone can think of a better way to integrate this, I'm open to ideas. I like it.
Report Post Tip
The only problem I see with this is the fact that currently someone has to be promoted by their CL to become Made; a push of a button is required. Are you suggesting we remove that feature from those who set up gangs, while the rest of the people in crews with higher ranked leaders have to toil and work for their promotions?

That, to me, seems to be one of the only flaws for setting up lower ranks like that. It sort of takes away from the realism (and fairness) of the game. Great suggestion otherwise.
Report Post Tip
I'm well in support of this. I've always been of the opinion that the lower ranks (Below Made) should be able to flit about from family to family as they wish. They are, after all, associates. In real life, these people were not totally affiliated with one syndicate, they ran jobs for all sorts of people.

To implement this, I feel, would go a long way to restore a sense of reality in an area that I think the game is really lacking.

Another suggestion would be to have each Made Man of a family controlling a gang of 5 or so "go to" guys, who are affiliated with the Made Man and therefore the family, without actually being a member of the crew.
Report Post Tip
Thank you all for the feedback.

What tends to happen in the game is as the players fill up the higher ranks and the lower ranks become more and more useless. Yes, they can give protection wacks, but they cannot make an effective amount of money and they usually have a bad shot. It takes at least about two weeks worth of work to become a reasonably strong player and much longer to become one of the strongest. Should low ranked players even be allowed to share a crew with these powerful players?

Realistically, a mafia type family is the end result of the work that young low level thugs create. The American mafia was created when the older Sicilian counterparts influenced a new generation of criminals in America. Introducing a system that had already proven effective in another country they were able to grow virtually unchallenged in the early part of the 1900's. They did this similar to a well funded corporation.

Through aquisitions of like-minded gangs under the banner that is the American mafia they were able to create a very powerful highly structured business enterprise. When you think of a mafia family, think of any typical corporation. A corporation usually gets its start as a small business. These small businesses reflect the impact of gangs in the criminal underworld. Small businesses compete with other small businesses and if successful they take in the most money. Money gives them a great advantage over businesses that lack it. Competition can be run out of business but it is more profitable simply to buy them out. The most successful small businesses can become large corporations by eliminating the competition through aquisition. Why run your competition out of business if you can simply take control of them and increase your profits?

The crime world is the same. If there are already some successful gangs around, take them aside and give them an offer they can't refuse. "You work for me now, capiche?" Those that do not obey become your enemy, while those that do benefit you as well as themselves. In the terms of this game, a gang that cooperates and agrees to work for a family could be rewarded with a chance to become a subcrew and grow. The gangs that do not would be foolish as they may not have the power to defend themselves against an experienced family.

So in that regard, gangs should probably be an independant entity to be aquired by families after proving themselves. Families could always manipulate the gangs, turn gangs on one another, then sit back and watch a gang war play out like a movie. They can unite several gangs under their own family or let the gangs fight for their own existence. It could be fun.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New Crew Type: Gangs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL