Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 00:33:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A trip to Bosten Started by: HYFR on Nov 26, '12 14:27

I appreciate where a couple of people are coming from here, but really... we are in the mafia. We're not supposed to pussyfoot around other mobsters just so we don't upset them or their friends. Like someone has mentioned, there are plenty of places where he could have used a spellcheck. I have various people come to me and ask if I'll give their poster a "once over" before they post it, so they don't end up making a fool of themselves like this.

If those people are making the effort, why shouldn't this guy? What makes him more special or any different to the other guys? For example... the people here who don't speak English as a first language very often ask someone to proof read for them. Nobody applauds them for it, they get no credit for it... yet they still do it.

The whole point of being a mobster, is to not look like a tool. This guy looks like a tool. Simples.

Report Post Tip

"Fortunately for us WhereWasWadeWilson, not everyone is like you. Some people can take the criticism, some can't. But to seriously come out and post just to be cruel is unacceptable to me."

Your statement was calling critics cruel, and lately I've been quite the critic myself. I'm not taking things personally, this is what I do now. If someone responds, I pick it apart logically, criticize it and usually leave my opinion of a way to improve if they showed some form of effort. What you're calling bullying is just criticism. I hate to break it to everyone but criticism is something that thrives in any environment and is a necessary evil for keeping people on the right track. Any insult towards dialect (other than not failing to hit the spell check buttont), which was the clear effort from the rapping comment, would be one of ignorance itself and that critic should be criticized for being an idiot. That being said, there are ways to check spelling and grammar with no real effort and people willing to edit for those of us who aren't the best writers and he decided to post before using either of these available tools.

My comment on your ability to handle criticism was based on the fact you most likely misspoke and said fortunately not everyone is like me. Though the world is far greater for having no more than one of me, it's a genuine insult in my native dialect (yes Pittsburghese is different from standard English and that equates to "Fuck You" or fighting words in my local bars, though I assume that's still an insult anywhere you go). I've gotten quite used to people saying some varaiation of "Fuck you" to me lately so I apologize for the natural reaction to the misunderstanding.

Report Post Tip

*epic fail on misspelling spell check button, trust me I know how hilariosly ironic that is.

Report Post Tip

(OOC: also forgot the (OOC:) and misspelled hilariously. I promise to start using that button I'm suggesting so highly and couldn't possibly need a critic any more than I do right now.)

Report Post Tip

Ok, i think that we are no way off target with this thing. Yes maybe i was a little blunt when telling him his story was, excuse my language, crap. It was and i will admit it. But this is a mafia game i am not here to apease to anyone's feeling's or hold their hand while i show them how to write a story in the streets. It is not up to me to show him. I am only to listen and tell him what i think of it as anyone else is. If he wanted to know if he is doing a goodjob he could always have asked one of his family members to overlook the story even. Or ask someone who has writtin stories in the past and actually know how to do one.

So, he made his own choice to bring it to the streets without overlooking it or asking someone to see if the story was alright. Like i said, we are not here to hold hands he should have checked the story before bringing it to the public. It's his own fault that he got the responses that he got. Now i think it's enough time we wasted on this. Let us continue with our lives eh?

Report Post Tip

I'd love to hear what you have to do to get a family of your own in DT if clipping a Godfather doesn't even get you made!

Report Post Tip

MysticTailor silently listen to everybody who speak and give their opinion. he stand and talk, seriously guys i did say Manners and Balls it only implies on something. (OCC. you are in street and not in outside world, all of us know that we should talk in 3rd person in here, what i mean with manners and ball, is to have balls to give it a try to make your statement in street rules "3rd person speeches" . manners it only implies to how will you appear in a scene like this and how will you disappear, what is your dress at that time, what are you donig at that time. until now we haent learned something from the others that street has a rule even business district has his rule on answering every thread they make.) 

Mystic Tailor take a deep breathe and continue. " Our family was making an adventure event right now as part of their training, it is somelike you train a thug to mug that lady." pointing at the old lady who is walking down the isle. " Our family wanted to unleashed the full potential of each member, we dont just want them to go and make money, we also want them to go out here in street to let the world see's them, to reach their very own dream and to know their path.

(OCC. i think there is nothing wrong with the way he spell the Boston to Bosten. it is a make believe city and it implies only how, where he wanted his story settings.)

Report Post Tip

nah Heisenberg its all good man thx for the advice good looken out! Part 2 commin soon!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A trip to Bosten
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL