Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 17:32:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Player Conduct Policy Started by: Billy_Bathtub on Oct 06, '08 18:38
"The majority of us are adults, and should learn to take the odd bit of abuse on the chin now and again."

Yes by all means, in life, you should learn to toughen up. However, we offer this game to play for free, and ask nothing in return other than you act like human beings to each other. It's not a lot, but as we (Crooked Studios) make the transition into the new game that would attract other users from varied backgrounds and sites, we're not going to allow for this trend of harassment to follow us, and to be honest, we should not have let it get this far to begin with.

As I said, this game is a form of escapism for some people, and for others, a way to role-play, which as it turns out, is a pretty popular hobby world-wide (whoda thunk?), so why would we want to let other users burst both those bubbles by using real life threats and insults against them? That question led to this policy.
Report Post Tip
Actually Bathtubmeister you would find I have always been behind the line as defined and requested by Squishy some months ago.

I would challenge you to find logs suggesting otherwise or are you just speculating based on some sort of misdefined personal agenda?

I'd be happy to pull out a series of logs from a whole host of other people as comparison.
Report Post Tip
To be fair, as this place is a form of escapism why would other players even know about your RL issues?.

I wouldn't condone any form of name calling as it is a childish form of bully but if someone states anything to do woth thier real life circumstances/problems/age/name then they are misunderstanding fellow players as 'friends'.

I;m sure some friends play together, but any RL friends would not resort to some of the vicious forms of name calling, highlighted for example purposes only.

It's a nice move by you guys and I hope it rids the place of the more immature among us, personally,regardless of what my, my family or my friends' problems are, if any are mentioned towards me, it's with a pinch of salt, there is not one person here that knows me as a person so why would I take offence?.

I can understand those offended with personal jibes may be upset, but you should keep any personal issues to yourself or sav it for truely trusted friends and family,please do not get upset over some kiddie insults.

It's not worth it.
Report Post Tip
"The majority of us are adults"...

While that might be true, the number of players who can be called MATURE adults is far from the minority.

Being an adult does not mean that you are tough and do not get insulted. It means that you can act like a responsible member of society. While having another player "verbally" abuse me, it would not hurt my feelings, however, it still is not acceptable behavior.
Report Post Tip
Wow. I'm gone a few years and it devolves to this? We really need admins to police when someone's being too offensive? Personally, I liked the old way, where if someone insulted you bad enough you either messaged their boss or just threw down and shot at them and let the politics sort out what happens from there. And if someone in your crew insults someone and you find out, you kill them yourself, because you're ashamed to have that going on in your organization. Better a few wars fought over it than having to cry to admins. We're mobsters. If you're asking yourself "am I crossing the line enough to be banned?" you're asking the wrong question. At that point you're already being disrespectful enough to merit getting shot. Are we going to be a society that says "no, you can't mug me" but does say "yeah, you can taunt me by saying you raped my sister"? Omerta isn't just about silence. It's also about respect. I say show it, or get shot. We, as players, should be better than this. We shouldn't have to cry to the gods to save us from a few words. For crissakes, we've got guns for a reason.
Report Post Tip
Hehe we love you Bathtub :)
Report Post Tip
All I have to say is - thank you
Report Post Tip
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Report Post Tip

GREGORY:

What was that?

JESUS:

...for their possession. How blest are those...

MR. CHEEKY:

I don't know. I was too busy talking to Big Nose.

JESUS:

...who hunger and thirst to see...

MAN #1:

I think it was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'

JESUS:

...right prevail.

MRS. GREGORY:

Ahh, what's so special about the cheesemakers?

GREGORY:

Well, obviously, this is not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

;)
Report Post Tip
I am...A bad person that can get pissed off as with some players around here and my history back that up. If you want to make fun of someone as a joke that is one thing, but to insult them isn't going to make you any better.

If you really want to get back at someone, why not just fire that gun of yours!
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Player Conduct Policy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL