Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:04:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The State of the Nation Started by: iAmKuku on Dec 01, '12 23:39

So it is that we find ourselves once more living in a land beset my cliques contained in Streets that are quiet.

Whilst no-one dies, or at least few people die, for what is said in the Streets, people still are not coming out and talking.

Why?

I posit this - there is nothing much worth talking about.

For some time now, there has been relative peace.  But not much prosperity.  Growth has stagnated or declined.  The population is decreasing.  Notable family lines have retired from this thing of ours.

But some things remain the same.

Some things remain the same and some things could and should come back.

And that, my friends, is all that I have to say.

Report Post Tip

And that my friend is why no one cares.

Report Post Tip

Argyle notices some guy blabbering about something that he doesn't care about, and decides to speak up. Pulling a boulder from the back of his car, he then stands onto it and clears his throat with a bit of whiskey before dropping the bottle to the ground on accident.

Damn. I was going to... finish that, you know? Sucks. Anyways, this is boring, let's talk about something cool, like cars. I recently got this thing called a Ford; goes at least forty miles per hour, I think you're jealous and are trying to steal my car. I'm not going to let you take it. This aggression will not stand, Man.

Begins to chant random words as a small pool of piss drips down the rock he recently dredged out of the ground with his own bare hands - quite the manly man, clearly.

Well, that's what happens... that's what happens when you... uhh... what? Where am I? What are we talking about?

Report Post Tip

Let the man speak. He's right, these streets ARE dead. He's the only one that breathes least SOME life into them.

Report Post Tip

No Heisenberg, the only time he creates street activity is when he posts about a war that is happening that doesn't involve him. The reason for this? The people involved in the war are busy warring. Once the dust has settled you hear them speak instead of this mindless, incoherent retard. Don't delude yourself into thinking that Kuku is good for this place, he just either spouts the same old shit about lies and deceit (against whoever are the main "powers" at the time) or starts speculating during wars as to why it happened when if he'd just wait until someone had the time... would get all the facts before he started flapping his gums.

ANYONE could do what Kuku does... nobody is retarded enough to. Don't make him out to be some sort of saviour or hero, because he's quite the opposite.

Report Post Tip

I don't know who you are but the fact your name is iamkuku is enough for me. I love you.

Report Post Tip

Hmm. Last time I looked, there were a number of new contributions to our Streets in recent days, excluding yours.

Either you are going deaf, or you're sticking your fingers in your ears while singing the same repetitive, monotonous song and stomping to the beat of your own drum, as per usual.

Also worth noting that your declarations only ever add empty bulk. If you really consider the streets dead, perhaps reflect on Countdown's suggestion: it's because everyone is busy doing something that you never do. Contributing across all arenas, as opposed to coming out here and foaming at the mouth with your selective powers of observation and pseudo-saviour gibberish.

I was once entertained by you popping up every now and again, like some ugly cousin of Rogue, only ever allowed out when he has earned ten shiny gold stars on his Good Boy Chart.

You are now decidely lacklustre. Try harder.

Report Post Tip

Darn!! I thought someone was going to say something impotent, errr, I mean important.

Report Post Tip

Is kuku back?? Please be kuku! I NEEEDDD my daily dose of rumors, slander, and speculation... And I'm actually serious.

Report Post Tip

Friends, for me to keep this Streets going, I need information.

That said, I'm privvy to some very interesting goings on at the moment.

Watch this space.

Lilac - hater's gonna hate.

Everyone else - thanks for the support

Report Post Tip

Kuki is absolutely right. The streets are stagnant, in one regard at least. He's got delusions of grandeur and megalomania for sure, but that doesn't mean he only talks rubbish. There's a great many pieces out there that are very well considered and make for compelling reading or listening, which is fantastic and I think anyone who makes an effort in that regard should be commended.

That said, where are the people looking to court a bit of controversy, to create some worthwhile debate where there are real differences of opinion and a bit of good old fashioned mudslinging. People who just dismiss the line of Kuku out of hand should perhaps reconsider, he's a member of the one of the most consistent bloodlines who come out time after time to inject some life into the streets.

Conversely, Kuku needs to realise he's a victim of his own reputation. Unfortunately, he's spouted so much shit over a such a long period of time that people tend to just sack him off before listening to what he's got to say!

Report Post Tip

A significant part of the problem is with the structure of our modern society. As each city is organized as one family, with the exception of Detroit which is very much still in the development stage, there are seldom small conflicts, matters that cause tension and otherwise create incidents which can then be played out in the streets. We have four large, strong families, rather than sixteen smaller ones each with their own competing interests. That is bound to limit the number of things that happen each day, forgetting that the majority of these families stem from one city originally.

That is, and has been for a very long time, the way of things. Events are on a national scale and thus divisive situations are infrequent, limiting the material from which people can draw "worthwhile debate".

Report Post Tip

Kuku is right. I'm not much of a poster/reply person but I do read most threads. 

That said: why not let the man actually voice his thoughts? The streets have been void of a lot since the last few wars. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining when mobsters are SUPPOSED to speak what is in mind for the better of the streets/community. 

I've voiced my opinion. 

Sarai walks away head down lighting a cigar

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining when mobsters are SUPPOSED to speak what is in mind for the better of the streets/community.

I believe people try to avoid this man from talking in the streets Sarai, because he never has anything positive to say towards the community. If you go through the streets history with this mans lineage, he's obviously not here to help anyone progress towards anything but trying to either kill the biggest account in the game, or just simply trying to cause trouble.

Whilst no-one dies, or at least few people die, for what is said in the Streets, people still are not coming out and talking.

Ironically, hours later I had to deal with a Captain in my city of a rather high stature. Resulting in his death, and Kuku in return, trying to cause trouble.

Now you tell me Sarai, would this be someone you want actively in your streets? Someone you KNOW only tries to cause trouble for everyone?... and he wonders why people don't enjoy coming out here and just having fun and discussing everyday mobster things. Let me tell you something, I have bee around this thing of ours for quite some time now, people don't come out into the streets anymore for everyday fun because of people like him, not because people don't have anything to talk about.

Report Post Tip

Mr Squid, I am truly hurt & offended...

Noah is right, I am consistent and it's clear to everyone, bar the haters, that I love these Streets.

Now, do I from time to time, engineer the death of someone I dislike?  Of course, why wouldn't I?  Doesn't everyone?  For reasons well known, it's impossible for someone of my bloodline to rank.  Therefore I use what tools I have.

I care about these Streets as I care about this thing - a lot.  A Hell of a lot.

I bring joy to most and trouble to those who deserve it.

As for Timothy - it's not yet clear exactly why he was popped, but there's more to it than meets the eye.

What everyone knows but no-one admits, is that everyone, except CLs, loves it when people rogue.  They love a rebellion.  They love the underground movements.  

Prem took bold steps to try and stamp it out but it destroyed him.  

Report Post Tip

Also, is there a Doctor in the house?  Squid has got OOCitis

Report Post Tip

As for Timothy - it's not yet clear exactly why he was popped, but there's more to it than meets the eye.

There is nothing else that doesn't meet the eye. Mr. Timothy lied to myself and many of his fellow members of this community. I have been provided with such proof in privacy, and to protect their names, I will not reveal the actual words. I believe I have earned the trust and respect to say the proof is there.

Also, if he was taken out so wrongfully, and he truly did everything he could for Chicago, why is his bloodline not out in these very streets defending himself for all those hours of hard work he had to put in?... Funny... somehow ones pride no longer exists when proof is truly there begging for him to come out to try and test my reasons for having him removed.

Report Post Tip

As Donbot has commented, there are fewer events for people to comment on and people can have their own opinion on these matters. 

The one event that used to draw people to the streets used to be to congratulate new members in bold suits on their timely (or otherwise) promotion but three of the last four members in bold have shied away from the streets to be congratulated.  And that's a shame.

Even this Detroit competition has failed to generate much interest in the streets despite arguably being more accessible to those wishing to join.  It's two predecessors, Las Vegas and the previous Detroit experiment were more intuitively thought out and executed, with the Vegas one especially filling the streets with tales of bloodshed, mis-direction and back-stabbing.

The streets will only become a vibrant exciting place, if there are things going on for the proletariat to comment on.

Just allowing the empty cities to be open cities would liven things up, that would mean though, giving up just a smidgen of control.

Report Post Tip

These Streets have never been more alive than when the cities were busy and there were powerhouses misruling.  But people were shot for what they said.

I stand here a marked man - we are killed.  Our sponsors are killed.  

For what?

Report Post Tip

And who exactly are your sponsors?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The State of the Nation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL