Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:22:09
Page:  1 
Rogue rights Started by: Berserk on Dec 03, '12 19:41

Berserk wanders the streets with something on his mind.

Ladies and gentlemen i`ve come too these streets today in search of an answer to a difficult question that fascinates me.

My question being WHEN would it be exceptable to rogue if at all.Now i`d like to state this as pure curiosity, i myself have never witnessed a rogue nor the reason behind their actions.I know as humans throughout history the need to rebel is never far.My question id like answered is can there be a valid reason too rogue or are these mysterious people just simply unjustified thugs.

thank you for your time in advance

Report Post Tip

When is it acceptable?

I don't think it ever is to be honest since the meaning of going rogue means you are going out on your own without permission from the powers that be and acting without regard for the current standards of society when it comes to starting your own operation.

Many of our bloodlines have been here for generations, dating back to the days when "Rogueing" was at its peak. Rogues popped up generally to clean the gene pool and rid it of unwanted wastes of space or those that did not fit into the "bigger picture" of numerous unofficial or underground organizations.

Now, given the constraints and adaptations the world has become sanitized so to speak against rogues. The results are rarely as successful as days gone by. There aren't many bloodlines out there that can do the damage their ancestors did in the past or have the motivation to do so. Rogueing now just isn't the same.

In a rogue's mind they are justified in their actions. In a rogue's mind their reasons are valid.

If you or your kin do witness a rogue, they won't be anything like those of days gone by.. It's just not possible for one or two or three people to pull it off on their own these days, not without taking the lives of hundreds before their "rebellious" actions. The staff at City Hall have seen to this with the gracious allowances for a small army to protect us residents and huge walls, dogs, etc to protect our HQs.

Report Post Tip

One thing I would like to add is with the introduction of this "Rogue" person that pops up from time to time it has cheapened the title the same as the ranks of Made Man and higher have been by this nonsense of demotion for protection if you are loved enough and allowed by the powers that be to spend your hard earned money doing so...

Report Post Tip

There is no valid reason to leave your family un-announced ,wich is called going rogue.I belive your subject is absurd.A rogue is a threat for the society,wich cannot be allowed

Report Post Tip

Acceptable to whom?

Acceptable to the disgruntled mobster's leader? Probably never. However, many times throughout Cosa Nostra history, the collective underlings felt that they were not getting opportunities or a fair shake, and wished to overthrow the powers that be. In those situations, the person who stepped up and took power away from those who held it was hailed as a hero by those who felt oppressed. The rogue who is successful in his overthrow is no longer considered a rogue, but has earned legitimacy.

Life is too complicated to have a "one size fits all" response to such open-ended questions.

Report Post Tip

The rogue who is successful in his overthrow is no longer considered a rogue, but has earned legitimacy

History is written by the victors. Ultimately, I don't think there's much that can be added that hasn't already said. However, I was thinking of a similar topic in the aftermath of the death of Don Petrov, and it gave me pause for thought.

Now, current etiquette dictates you don't visit the funeral of a Rogue regardless of your relationship with them when they were alive. I won't go into the ins and outs, I think it's a reasonable policy and I can see why the 'policy' - such as it is - exists. The trouble is though, where is the line drawn? It's quite an arbitrary mark in all honesty. We could point to KingOrc recently, the ill informed Goomba who bought out with the intention of forming his own crew. There was no malicious intent there, just a lack of knowledge and common sense; yet he could easily be defined as a Rogue.

Far more newsworthy, we had the death of Don Petrov, as I've already mentioned. From Godfather Squidmaster's own lips, Petrov had gone against his Godfather and city to pursue his own agenda. Now it's not for me to besmirch the dead but at the very least you'd have to consider that selfish behaviour, and it really isn't too much of a stretch to consider it the actions you'd expect of a Rogue.

So where is the line drawn? Was Petrov's role as a Leader and his long period of loyalty beforehand enough to afford him an honourable death? If so, does the service a Rogue gives his leader before he changes colours count for nothing? It's a dificult matter.

Report Post Tip

If you go rouge and succeed, it can only be because you managed to collect massive continental support for your cause.  If someone manages to drum up the kind of support nessecary to be successful, then they probably have a pretty compelling case, or at least the kind of skill and charisma it takes to convince enough powerful people that your shiny turd is truly a diamond.

If you go rouge and fail, then your case was shit, your leadership skills are shit, and you're a dumbass for throwing your life away.  When the dust settles, you will just be a rabble-rouser who has sown chaos for the sake of chaos, or someone too stupid to recognize that their cause was hopeless.

I think asking whether it is right or justified is the wrong way to approach it.  Nothing we do is right, acceptable, or justified.  This thing of ours exists outside of such conventions.  Right and wrong are determined by outcomes.

Report Post Tip

it is a complex matter and one i think we should speak about in an open fashion, as it was touched upon the lack of knowledge that led to a goombas death is bewildering.I think education would maybe be more powerful than any weapon,all members should be taught everything about dealing with these people the word rogue shouldnt be whispered
.And chev why do you believe my subject is absurd?

Report Post Tip

if nothing we do is right or justified then surely rogueing is all part and parcel in our way of life and by that means will never truly be stopped

Report Post Tip

Education of new members is up to the organisation that they join... Not like there's a shortage of choices either. Choose carefully, ask questions.

You cannot blame lack of knowledge on the whole community when it is just as much the new person's responsibility to ask questions as it is for their leader's to make sure they are educated. There are educational documents available for everyone... Here, I'll even help you..

First stop you should make is the library and check out a couple of the following titles:
The Tutorial: A Mobster's Guide
The Rules of Engagement
The Survival Guide: Everything a newcomer needs to know.
Public Conduct: Sharing your words in public

There is also a wonderful little hole in the wall that isn't visited often enough, it's a support network for new arrivals and oldtimers..
Zee Help Spot

ANNNNND Finally...

There are some wonderful people that spend their free time helping those that call this place home.. They are "The HelpDeskers". There are many of them and they are here to answer questions from the simplest to the complicated.

She smiles sweetly.

So you see, lack of knowledge and education is just as much the newcomer's fault than it is the person that sponsors them. All it takes is reading and writing to learn the ways, to some like you, it's just too much work.

Report Post Tip

I need to clarify one my opening statement... Woops?

Education of new members is up to the organisation that they join... Not like there's a shortage of choices either. Choose carefully, ask questions.

What I had intended on saying is..

"Education of new members is up to the organisation that they join?

Not like there is a shortage of choices.. Choose carefully, ask questions, find one that suits your needs and skill set. You have 48 hours to choose a sponsor."

Report Post Tip

oh my apologies tig i certainly didnt blame the full community it can for sure be their own faults. i was just hoping we could all discuss this and hopefully good can come of it

Report Post Tip

I'll go a bit further and say education is 100% the new member's responsibility. The mafia is no place coddling. Back when my first ancestors came over on the boat, education consisted of a bullet between your eyes if you did't figure things out on your own quick enough.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rogue rights
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL