Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:11
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Wackback & Gun Tapering Started by: Squishy on Dec 03, '12 20:50

The top 10 guns in the game that are above 650 after max set to taper like this:
#01 .50 (From 650-1000) (.25 From 1000-1350) (.10 From 1350+)
#02 .55 (From 650-1000) (.30 From 1000-1350) (.15 From 1350+)
#03 .60 (From 650-1000) (.35 From 1000-1350) (.20 From 1350+)
#04 .65 (From 650-1000) (.40 From 1000-1350) (.25 From 1350+)
#05 .70 (From 650-1000) (.45 From 1000-1350) (.30 From 1350+)
#06 .75 (From 650-1000) (.50 From 1000-1350) (.35 From 1350+)
#07 .80 (From 650-1000) (.55 From 1000-1350) (.40 From 1350+)
#08 .85 (From 650-1000) (.60 From 1000-1350) (.45 From 1350+)
#09 .90 (From 650-1000) (.65 From 1000-1350) (.50 From 1350+)
#10 .95 (From 650-1000) (.70 From 1000-1350) (.55 From 1350+)
#11+ Normal

You can not wackback death on MIAs/CAs/RIAs/Tylers (NPCs), instead this has been replaced with a new Jail style wackback for an extended term with loss of drugs/gun/time added onto timers. (This only triggers when you would have died previously)

You can wackback death on humans (Non NPCs) that are less than 7 days inactive.

The 50/50 police bribe has been removed.

Bodyguards are normal.
All math above is computed after max.

Report Post Tip

A few suggestions, even though I'm sure you have thought this thoroughly through.

Why death WB only on young human accounts? Why not on all human accounts?

Why remove the police bribe? I figured that anything that makes us spend credits is good for you? So if you were willing to give us a chance to avoid death, I'm sure many of us would pay a credit to avoid this other type of WB as well.

Report Post Tip

Ehhh, I know I am going to do a horrible job at explaining, but let me try to convey my thoughts.

I removed the police bribe because I needed to make up for the "removed" risk of wacking somehow. Now that you can choose your exposure to wackback death by choosing certain targets and ignoring others, I needed to increase the risk on one part of the formula to sort of balance it out the lack of risk on the other side. Combine that with the fact that I don't feel its worth the credit price, it just didn't sit right with me getting paid for a service that... really won't do much? All in all, it just felt like the right thing to do when I considered everything.

Report Post Tip

So with no wb death on Tyler's gang I take it that Durdens no longer shoot back?

If this is the case I may join in the frenzy next time they visit.....

Report Post Tip

I still say let the people decide and whoever wants to pay for that service can. :)

I did understand you explanation and it sounds very noble of you. But for some people another credit in a whole month is really not a big deal.

Report Post Tip

I guess we keep the same WBd probability of occurrence than before, just removing the police bribe to balance a bit the formula as you mentioned ?

Doing so, don't we have a *ridiculously* low chance of getting killed while training/using our gun ? Basically, you could train your gun quite safely all the way along (most of shots will be safe as being MIA's, RIA's, durdens, etc), while only risking a WBd during wars. A (it's just a rough estimation) (0.03 / 2^n) %, with n chances to avoid a WBd (def answers, voting, etc)... is really worth it ?

I don't see the difference between that and no WBd at all, instead of a VERY exceptional death like once every three world wars (or, yeah, perhaps one while training, but seriously, even far less often than the aforementioned case). I'm not saying we should remove it, I'm just asking the question : why do we keep it for a result that will more than probably be quite unnoticeable (count the number of times you heard about a *really* important player dying of WBd, divide that by.. something like 10, that's how often it will happen) ?

Report Post Tip

"So with no wb death on Tyler's gang I take it that Durdens no longer shoot back?"

If you shoot at a tyler and miss, they will shoot back and try to kill you, this is not wackback, this is a person angry you shot at them.

Report Post Tip

In a situation where the 5th largest gun in the game is below 650, there will be no tappering for that user until they reach 650, correct?

Report Post Tip

Correct Phil_Steak, you are exempt, regardless of what place you are, if you are under the 650 mark.

Report Post Tip

I don't get it. But damn that makes it really risky for a top shooter to kill someone. I like the change. It means the number one shooter has, at best, a 10% chance of a dieing and at worse a 50% chance of dying when shooting at another player. So for example, if say the best shot, shot at a player and the best shot has a 45% chance of dying. That is bumbed up by 1o%. Another example is say the top shot has a tapering of 50% and shoots at a lowly gangster and normally would have no chance of dying but with this change it would give the shooter a 50% chance of dieing. Squishy do I have this right? 

Report Post Tip

"Squishy do I have this right? "

Hmmm you are off a bit :) That is the percentage of the gain you get to your shooting skill, it is not the percentage chance of success.

(Below is a simplification of the process to help explain the point)

So if you are just a regular player who is not in the top of the game, if you kill someone you get a +1 to your gun. Lets say the #1 guy in the game currently has 800 kills, look up in the cart above and he will not get a +1, but instead he will get only .5 of a kill added to his skill, not a full 1.0

Report Post Tip

Hmmm . . . so say if the top guy base stat is 100% in marksmenship and and the second guy only have 35% in his or her base marksmenship stat. That would mean the one shoot would still be getting around the same exp as the 2nd ranked shooter. Do I have this right?

Report Post Tip

The "base stat" as you call it is just a starting point. It means that the 2nd shooter needs to kill 65 more targets to catch up with the first shooter. Nothing more.

Report Post Tip

"Hmmm . . . so say if the top guy base stat is 100% in marksmenship and and the second guy only have 35% in his or her base marksmenship stat. That would mean the one shoot would still be getting around the same exp as the 2nd ranked shooter. Do I have this right?"

When you first sign up, you can roll your own stats going from a very low % all the way to 100%. This is sort of deceptive, its not really a percentage, its more of a "How much skill, out of a possible starting 100, does this dude start off with?" The guy at 100% starts off fully complete and is already at 100. The guy at 35 has get 65 kills before he is equal to the 100 guy. With that in mind, we specifically do the gun tapering math "after maxed" which means we only look at everything after 100 (So everyone is on equal footing at that point making the comparisons easy).

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Wackback & Gun Tapering
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL