Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:44:17
Page:  1 
Zola enters Detroit`s underbelly Started by: Gordon_Zola on Dec 08, '12 22:57

Leaning against the rear door of the Buick Roadster, the large man sticks his head through the open window as he utters in a hushed voice.........

Boss, boss......they`re ready.

Zola sits quietly, motionless, his eyes falling toward the enormous rear leather seat. Placing his left hand upon the polished hide he whispers a reply........Ok, give me a minute Eric. There`s something I need to do.

The man backs away from the vehicle and first glances to his left, then his right, before making his way towards the other side of the street, checking his watch as he crosses and casually looking back towards the parked car. Packard avenue wasn`t too busy that morning, except for a couple of rookie cops shaking their heads at the contents of the trunk in an old battered sedan much further down. A flash bulb ignites as a photographer from one of the daily`s steals a picture of the inside before being ushered away by Detroit`s finest. Passers by avoid the growing incident as a dark unmarked funeral car pulls up alongside. Another day in Detroit, another score settled, the reasons for which will probably be buried along with the victim, as is the Detroit way.

Zola pulls at the rear door strap as he pushes it open. Sliding from the sumptuous leather clad bench he places his feet on the sidewalk and steps from the vehicle. The hundred chimneys around him bellow into the midday sun as if to a silent heartbeat from within the city. The sky was clear but there was a chill in the air, it was December after all.

He stands, places his hands into his coat pockets and raises his head towards the sky with his face catching the sun. Closing his eyes he smiles as he inhales long and deeply that intoxicating fragrance of bitumen, engine oil and cheap perfume. Releasing the strain on his chest he breathes out and whispers to himself........This is it Gordy, this is it.

Lowering his gaze he allows his eyes to adjust before striding purposefully across the street towards his aide and the gathered crowd. Standing atop the battered mahogany wooden crate he raises his hands for all to see before speaking.

Ladies, gentlemen, Detroit.........I am proud to have been given such an opportunity within this fine, energetic and growing city. I am, as many can testify, a businessman at heart, a man who can play the market, buy at the right price, sell before the bell and generally make something of almost nothing.

I see a future, a bright future for not only myself, my crew, but for this city as a whole. The current climate for expansion of any corporation is particularly healthy with demand for the services we are able to offer never higher.

I am looking forward to speaking with the current leaders of the city, and confident that from the common beliefs we have which drive our ambition, our combined efforts, and the steady growth of the members, the city of Detroit will achieve great things. It`s all to play for, and there`s plenty to go round for sure. Revolve and Kanye-West have brought stability, growth of the city economy and their own particular individual management style. I know I can work with these men and more importantly, get a decent table at the peach pit on a Saturday night for the Lubricated Linda show.

I would also like to say this, to all the leaders throughout this world. I am above all else a man of communication. There is nothing more appealing than to shake the hand of a business partner across the meeting room table in the firm knowledge that there is common ground upon which the business interests of all concerned can flourish. My door, and ears, will always remain open.

I would finally like to offer my sincere thanks to Clockworkangel, Godfather Phil-Steak and my friends in New Orleans. Thank you for giving this young kid a home, a street education, and this opportunity. Your actions support and kindness will forever be in my thoughts.

The day is still young, but I`ve a raging thirst, and my new office desperately needs a lick of paint.

Zola`s aide grabs his arm and whispers something in his ear.........

Oh yes indeed, our name, thanks Eric, ah yes of course. From this day forward, we will be known as...............

The Paradise Valley Syndicate

Report Post Tip

Walks to the front of the growing crowd and begins to speak Congrats Gordon, I hope you treat Detroit well so that she may do the same.

Report Post Tip

Welcome to Detroit Mr Zola.  i wish you and your crew all the best here.

Report Post Tip

After talking to Toast she rush herself to go where another new auth has been heard to the City of Motorst and wanted to see who is he. after hearing the speach she quickly push herself to the crowd to congratulate Gordon_Zola personally to his new find job.

"Conratulation Sir" she offer her hand for a friendly handshake.

"Hope to do a good business with you aswell in the City of Motors, may your family prosper in the city of Detroit."

Report Post Tip

Frank smiles nodding with approval of his friend plants his flag in the motor city. Walking up to Zola he shakes his hand.

You did it man, you got the nod and now your setting up in a great city. I'm proud of you old friend and I wish you nothing but the best. I'll be visiting Detroit from time to time I hope you'll have time to talk with an old friend. Good luck buddy.

Frank turns leaving Zola to talk with the other guest.

Report Post Tip

Having just congratulated one of Zola's new associates in the city of Detroit, Fart Barf found himself in another crowd that had gathered. This time the man speaking was a former family member, Mr Gordon Zola. After the announcement had been made, Fart Barf walked over to Zola, shook his hand and said a few words to the recently promoted mobster.

Congratulations Mr. Zola! It was a honor to work with you in the great city of New Orleans, and I expect you will continue the great work up north in Detroit. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the city and to continue a business relationship with you and your associates. I wish all the best to you and your men.

Fart Barf takes a drag from his cigarette and heads down the street, whistling a tune as he begins scheming his next money making venture.

Report Post Tip

Poof.

Report Post Tip

While strolling through the streets, Femme notices a new bold suits step up to the ranks. She approaches Mr.Zola and speaks.

Congratulations Mr.Zola, I know you will do well.

Femme pours two glasses of Champagne and raises her glass, Salute!

Report Post Tip

-Mayhem- seeing his old friend stop up to the bold suit he approaches him, removes his fadora and extends his hand....

GordonZola, we go a long ways back, its always great to see an old friend get his bold suit. I know you will do well my friend, congratulations.

-Mayhem- shakes Gordon's hand tipping his hat, Salute Gordon Salute!

Report Post Tip

*Holly smiles sweetly at Gordon.*

"Congratulations!  My best to you on this exciting new endeavor!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Zola enters Detroit`s underbelly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL