Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 11:01:39
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Crime times Started by: Mane on Oct 11, '08 11:50
I think that instead of the usual loading up the petty page, then trying it and getting the whole "Slow down, skippy! You've got to wait a while before you can try that again." message, you should in fact get a timer message instead of the loading of the petty crimes.

Allow me to elaborate if that's not too clear. When you click Petty, currently you will get:

What do you want to do today?

Knock over a 7-11.

Rob a liquor store.

Snatch a purse.

Do Petty!

I believe that this page should be replaced with something along the lines of:

You can only petty every 3 and a half minutes!

You have *Time left* before you can petty again.

Of course, *Time left* would be replaced with however long you have left til you can petty. Same idea can be implemented into the felony part too.

I believe this should be done just to make things generally easier for those who don't use a toolbar, such as pretty much any new player that joins. More new players would stick around as a result I think.
Report Post Tip
you could use http://mafiareturns.com/beta/toolbar/index.html and this has timer for crimes, felonys, wacking, flying and jails.
Report Post Tip
In case you didn't know Squishy created better timers that start over after every petty/felony. So I think this is unnecessary.

The_Dude has spoken.
Report Post Tip
The idea is a good one, but it is not needed.

The admins have created a toolbar that runs off of the database. So the timing is always right. This is a very helpful toolbar.

http://mafiareturns.com/manage/toolbar.php

Try it out man.
Report Post Tip
Wasn't there talk of that toolbar being for donators only or something?
Report Post Tip
In the future, yes. Right now, no.

This is free for us now, test it out though... It's gonna be like a $5 donation. I hate paying for stuff, but would defenitly pay for this.
Report Post Tip
I think this a good idea. I remember the first time i ever signed up in my school computer room.

Before it was banned :(

I thought, wtf do i do then?! so i asked my friend that had introduced me to the site "so whats the idea of this?!"

He was like, well urm you petty and that and get bigger and then kill people and then be a don. uno...

so i tried pettying again, i was faced with that message that we all know and love so much...

Slow down, skippy! You've got to wait a while before you can try that again.

i was like, omg i can only petty every 4 mins?! thats a joke eff this!

i signed off and this character became an IA for somebody.

I think the question here is actualy:

Is it worth changing a few small things around the game to make it easier for new people to get into and become addicted like the rest of us? Or do we keep the site the same way we all know it and love.

I for one am a little tired of seeing really good ideas and positive ideas that are going to help the site and the userbase, being shot down as soon as their posted. Especialy when its just the mafia veterens talking down to newer users.

"Pfft, this idea has been suggested a bazilian times! OMG U NOOBZ!!"

or

"NO WAYZOR, WE TOTALY HAVE A MEANS TO DO THAT ALREADY! IF YOU READ ANYTHING YOU WOULD KNOW DAT THERE IS A CORNER OF THE SITE DEDICATED TO THAT NOOOBZOR!"

link to mentioned corner will be in some random person's profile that no one has ever heard of. New users cant be expected to know all of this as we do!

Anyway, i have digressed enourmasly..i should proberly put this in its own thread :S hey ho...

Yes, timers built into petty messages is a good idea and will boostnew people's opinions. Felony not so much, by the time people get earner, they know enough :)
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Crime times
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL