Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 18:17:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Another beer please? Started by: Doyle on Oct 11, '08 15:20
Walking down the bar district of Detroit and many other cities. Doyle looks and sees how empty most of them are and how many of them are the same people over and over. He steps in front of the crowd gathering and looks out among them.

Hello Mafiosos and Mafiosas. I am here to call attention to the lack of support for the business districts in our cities.

For many people this is their legitimate business. For others it's place to hang out and relax. I'm not going to make a long winded speech here but I'd like to see if bringing this problem to our streets might help solve it. Once upon a time the bars were booming with people drinking,laughing, and just having a good time. Now, since the war, a lot of these places have boarded up or nobody is coming anymore.

I was in the fair city of New Orleans and saw maybe four bars that were still open for business. This seems very much of a loss to me. So my idea is that when your in one of our fair cities. Stop by one of these establishments and have your self a drink. Grab a burger in Detroit. Grab yourself a ice cream. These places there are to wind down and enjoy ourselves in this busy life of ours.

So I come to you to bring back these places, give these guys some business, and bring the streets of our fair city's back alive.

He gets back of the Lincoln he was standing on and makes his way to one of the few bars left for a brew.
Report Post Tip
finds doyle at a local pub

Hello boss...may I have the honors of drinking a beer with you?
Report Post Tip
Charlie listens to the speech and hears oppurtunity knocking

I'll make sure I stop in and make a forced withdrawal. I need to fatten my pockets, my hoes aren't paying up. I'll make sure I grab a beer while I'm at it. Although I do encourage others to do what he's asking. Business's help everyone and everything, including my empty pockets.

He then heads down the streets of Chicago looking for a business to invade.
Report Post Tip
Charlie is right in a way. People put alot time into making there business a success. Like to show them that there efforts to help improve our citys is not in vein.
Report Post Tip
My forefathers were businessmen, ran many of businesses. They knew how upsetting it was to see a business tank. it doesn't feel good.

Doyle is making a simple request. Stop by a bar, maybe even open up one of your own. It's for the betterment of peoples lives, pockets, and tummies.
Report Post Tip
im awaiter a my family bar and im not seeing as much business as i'd like either....come on you zealots drink to your hearts content!!!! come in and relax for a bit, talk with me and chuck for a while!
Report Post Tip
There is a new smoke shop just opened up, best buds in the city, try it out in the business district
Report Post Tip
Zoey nodded to agree with Doyle.

I'm not much of a drinker. Alcohol makes me say bad words like my parents use to. Look at Hi, if he has one shot of scotch in his baby bottle he talks like our father use to. Tsk tsk.

Owning a business is a good cover for all the money we make illegally. They're also good places to plan crimes and hides guns and money. I'd never do those things at home. My house is my sanctuary. It's where I hide from all the big bad mean people in this world.
Report Post Tip
I agree completely with you Doyle, as you may have heard from my speech I know just how much fun people can have hanging round a bar and enjoying themselves with a few friends, associates or just strangers meeting for the first time.

one of the reasons I believe we may not be seeing as many people in the bars and businesses as we would like is that in our way of life we need to be flying often and making the best deals to make money for themselves and cant sit around for any length of time, therefore normally people will just be dropping in and by the time they have had a drink or two its time to leave and head to the next city or the people they had just sat down with have to leave.

I hope that the businesses of our country do see more people frequenting them, as an empty bar is a sad sad sight indeed.
Report Post Tip
Slinks up behind Doyle and slaps him on the back....

Always like to see my comrades making efforts to liven things up.

Beams as his friend turns to face him.....

Maybe we could hammer down some details on how to encourage some new businesses in the fair streets of our seven cities. Maybe some kind of cash initiative. Ill catch up with you in the coffee shops when you can take a moment from your busy schedule.....

Tips his hat and moseys off down the road...
Report Post Tip
beer someone mention beer.

Hic

Someone introduced me to this brew from france.

Hic

Its called Stella Artois which someone told me translates to wife beater.

Well

Hic

Wow its lovely

Hic

Cab_Tufting curse you

Hic

Gianluca wanders off to find some where to rest his throbbing head
Report Post Tip
Nods to Cab as he looks at everybody who came to listen to him.

Its important we liven up the bars. Some kinda compensation could be in place for the best bars in our city's. As a thank you for bringing them back to promise.

He looks around once again as he goes back to the cafe for a beer himself.
Report Post Tip
After goin and doin a couple jobs I get in my lowridin caddilac and drive to the beer distric. I turn the cornor and see Doyle's car parked infront the bar. I find a parkin spot and wlk into the bar. All laced up and lookin good i walk in and is greated with open arms. I walk over to the bar and order me a Crown and Coke and walk over to Doyle's table and kindly ask " May I join U boss?"
Report Post Tip
Looks at Doyle and nods

You are correct. It seems to be a lit slow aroung most of the business districts lately. Hopefully with a little work and a lot of fun everyone can liven them up.
Report Post Tip
You're correct, a war is no reason to abandon the bars and to quit having fun. When tragedy strikes you must rise up and over come it before it overcomes you. EVERYONE TO THE BAR!
Report Post Tip
Boris Retires to the bar, at 9pm every night after long days work, "there is nothing like the smooth taste of liqur on ones lips"
Report Post Tip
Hey Boss, it's five o'clock. Can I buy you a beer? Gam motions for the bartender to bring a round.
Report Post Tip
Hey boss ill buy you a beer also how are you?
Report Post Tip
Walks into the bar and walks to the counter. lookin accross the bar i notice Doyle sittin at his usual table. i buy 2 beers and walk over and say " hey boss heres a beer for ya! wud u like to play a game of pool?" then we walk over and play some 8 ball! thanks for the game boss!
Report Post Tip
Grabs three beers and sits next to Doyle

You know what the problem is?!

Its them Russians, thats what the problem is...

Looks at his Iron Fist & Red Army tattoo

But then again..it could be the Yakuza...

Eitherway buisiness use to boom around these cities and now theyre nothing...

Hands Doyle his bill and walks out the pub laughing
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Another beer please?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL