Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 00:48:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Change, don't you just love it? Started by: Cab_Tufting on Oct 11, '08 16:15
Takes his gold star.

Thanks Cab. It's relatively sad that you carry those round with you though...

To voice another opinion that wont be listened to, as Cab has already pretty much stated, I don't see why unsponsored gangsters would take five days to write one mail to a crewleader requesting for an invite.

Maybe the postal service have gone on strike again.
Report Post Tip
Change is always intresting, I look forward to seeing how this pans out.
Report Post Tip
I, of course, support any policy that the leaders of the Seven Cities choose to implement.

I am curious about one thing, though.

What is the difference between 48 hours and 120 hours? (Please do not say 72). What sort of behaviors, events, or circumstances occur in that latter 72 hours to provoke this change?
Report Post Tip
I would love for you to spare some chanage seeing that I'm quite broke at the moment.

Briana bats her eyelashes sweetly and makes a few kissy faces at you in order to trick you into opening your coin purse.
Report Post Tip
Keats I have to agree with you on this one.

I have yet to see someone take the initiative yet to move on.

My other problem is in regards to the protection list. While I agree that it is understandable, but how long exactly should they be allowed to coast off. At the very least shouldnt they be paying more than once?
Report Post Tip
Thank you for agreeing with me, sir, but I haven't made any sort of qualitative statement. I'm just asking a question.
Report Post Tip
As of now, this 120 hour rule is too long.

Think about today's situation realistically. So far, we have 9 families out in the streets recruiting potential family members. Lets talk about the numbers generally for a sec:

9 Families >> 9 CL's >> 9 RHM's >> 9 *LHM's

Total Family Recruiters: 27

This number is far more greater than it was before the war, and frankly, we were doing just fine with the 48 hour rule. When did the streets in mafia get so lovey-dovey? People have died from this law, because there is a conflict with their natural instincts. I can't blame them from breaking this law. The blood of a gangster runs through their veins, it's their second nature to carry out a cutthroat business. 48 hours was reasonable, but 120 hours is too much sympathy.

Why should we slow down our streets just because these newcomers are lazy?

*Hayley still in progress
Report Post Tip
If I'm being honest, I think the leaders would have been clever to capitalise on this 5 day thing, if their hitters aren't gaining anything from it, then maybe their pockets should be at the very least.

I threw a couple of suggestions into the hat, but they were either unheard or unwanted :) My main reason for supporting the 5 day rule was because I felt this was a potential step in the right direction with regards to having to sacrfice something in order to be part of a family, in this case a monetry value would be ideal since we have little else to offer.

Alas this hasn't happened, but I'd like to hear a view from the leaders on how they think this rule is going and how it may be affecting them and their businesses.

This isn't me calling them out, just mentioning that I wouldn't mind hearing their views on how it's all gone thus far.
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with cassidy here.

I don't think they should get the extra time to find a family. The question I ask is if someone is to lazy to mail just 1 leader for an invite, is that the kind of person you want in your family? right there you already know the person is lazy.

Now I myself NORMALLY have a gun and a family before I turn gangster. now in no way am I saying everyone should be like that, but if I can do it, anyone can. The 48 hour rule is a stretch but understandable...5 days you may aswell give them a bib and feed them aswell. :P just my opinion. :)
Report Post Tip
Obviously this rule was made when things were still tight for space within families of the Seven Cities. Us leaders will make it a point to meet soon and rediscuss a few things, and yes, this will be among them.

I believe that people over-reacted to this rule a little harshly to begin with; it was only meant to be temporary, never an established thing in this world of ours. The backlash that meant this was hardly needed, as this was merely our way of buying us time to find new auths for each city, as well as get our own families and own future goals established. It's not our way of coddling and 'giving bibs' to each new potential mobster that walks along these shores. I'm sure if you were in any of their footsteps at this moment, our protection would be appreciated.

Either way, like I said before the ramble, we'll discuss this rule. As you can see we still have two open cities that need leaders as well, so we're making that a priority over every other problem or situation that has arisen.
Report Post Tip
There was no indication that this would be temporary when it was implemented. Quite the contrary, Cab stated "from this day forward" and stated that the exact details might be "subject to change as time goes by" - Not subject to abolition. I do not believe this was ever meant to be temporary.

There was quite the backlash, as there should have been. As you know, I was one of the most outspoken. I am rarely one to challenge any decision made by our leaders, nor are any of my ancestors. If you look back through history, most of my bloodline's harsh words are directed at those fucktards who do not understand why a city Boss has chosen to take a certain action.

I am done complaining about this rule. I have stated my views and I hope that they were considered as more than the ramblings of a malcontent. I will only plead that any other such decisions that are made should be made in consideration of whether or not the policy falls within the parameters of the purpose of La Cosa Nostra. Being a leader requires a firm understanding of the principles, fundamentals, and foundations of the mafia - not merely good communication skills. This thing of ours exists for a number of purposes, and actions we take should reflect and further that purpose. I believe our leaders have this understanding and know why the mafia exists, but in this case did not consider whether or not the rule was compatible.
Report Post Tip
And I fully agree with you on that stand point; this rule was not made with careful consideration as to how it would affect everyone- it was more of a knee-jerk reaction to the leaders being tired of seeing people shot and then hearing from their sons or daughters that we were not expending all of our efforts in protecting the 'homeless'. Rather than tell them to leave our shores and stop complaining, we did our best to protect the little population we had left

I also apologize that the terms were not shared as well, as to be blatantly honest, they were not discussed at the time as well. As I stated, though, Cassidy and Pepe are right, and the rule is slowly becoming outdated as more and more crews crop up. It will be discussed, hopefully with all the leaders, and perhaps we will see it revoked within the next few days as finally Las Vegas, Chicago and Philly are filled with families.

Never was I intending to call people out, especially not yourself, Hi, or those who spoke just before me. I was just trying to shed light on that fact that we are all human, including us leaders. We'll make some great decisions and we will make some bad ones, but either way the decision was made. Another will be made soon enough and hopefully we will all move on from this and flourish.
Report Post Tip
Has there been a change, because I see people dying all over the place who are younger than 120 hours?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Change, don't you just love it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL