Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:21:53
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard pricing modification. Started by: Squishy on Dec 18, '12 19:43

On Dec 26th, the following changes will go into play for the purchasing of NEW Bodyguards. No changes are made for any BG purchased before that date.

A bodyguard has from 1-100 HP, which translates into how effective it is at defending you. Currently, regardless of what you pay for a BG, or at which rank you obtain them at - they can provide up to 100% effectiveness (Ignoring the named 130hp bgs).

You will now be able to buy bodyguards at different levels of effectiveness.

Every rank has a maximum level for the BGs purchased at that rank. For example, the best BGs you can purchase at Gangster, has a lower amount than the best you can purchase at Goomba.

As you rank up, you will be able to upgrade your bodyguards from their original lower max to go up to the current max of what your current rank can hold.

Sooo in summary: Buying 100 BGs at Gangster will not be as good as buying 100 BGs at Capo unless you decide to increase their maxes as you rank up. Demoting for BGs is cheaper in the short run to get BGs, but in the long run it is slightly more expensive than buying them at your existing rank if you upgrade them at every rank.

Report Post Tip

I love this change!

Report Post Tip

I'm with PC-Tech!

Report Post Tip

Awesome change

Report Post Tip

Wow...... lol

Report Post Tip

I love love love this.

However, I would have thought we would have been given more ample time to take advantage of the current system. Nevertheless, excellent change.

Report Post Tip

I am in favor of the change, but the time frame suggested is completely unfair.  One week for anyone just starting a character to have the same benefits as the huge amount of IWP people from the 4 strong cities? 

That is completely out of control unfair.  A month maybe, is a reasonable amount of notice.  a week is a complete  joke. 

"Happy Christmas.. any chance you had at really building a strong city is completely fucked," is basically what this time frame is telling us.

Report Post Tip

Look guys for years every one has been complaining about demoting for bgs and meaning of rank etc. The only way to do it is quick and get it out of the way you can still demote for crappy bgs if you like 1 day or 10 years want make a difference. Those who are iwp will have 1st lv bgs so no advantage but if they want better bgs they are gonna have to shoot their bags to trade for better ones with the cap and all so please no complaining you all begged and pleaded for a solution and I think this is better then nothing thank you so much squishy for this great overdue addition

Please excuse any mistakes.

Report Post Tip

i do love the changes, but one question in my mind now, we see low ranks with iwp status  will this change effect their BG status or it will only effect if they buy a BG right now.

Report Post Tip

Even though I don't feel as strongly about it (probably due to me being already IWP, I admit it is possible), I do agree with Pumpkins that a month seems like a more reasonable time frame.

Report Post Tip

As much as the time frame is short, you must give respect to Squishy for taking such a bold step. For years there have been complaints about this loophole, now that it is finally (some what) closed people are complaining because they didn't get one last chance to exploit it. Really? You should be grateful that Squishy didn't just implement it with immediate effect.

Report Post Tip

No, I don't feel I should be grateful that he decided not to be a tyrant since the game is his. I am grateful for many things, like the amount of time he spends improving the game and the awesome people I got to meet in MR, but in a context where many people are currently benefiting from this loophole, being able to exploit it one last time IS relevant, in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

In the immediate present, some people are hard done by this change, which is a shame.

In the big picture though, those people are unfortunately irrelevant as this is such a necessary change and the sooner this is implemented, the sooner people stop using demotion as a reward, which is an enormous plus for the game as a whole.

Report Post Tip

Its true.. makes it hard for those who didnt die in the past wars.. nearly impossible..kinda like real world how the rich and poor keep getting furthur apart

Great for the long term goals of the world bad for those trying to rebuild and try to be as strong as the top people who have survived til now

Report Post Tip

That is debatable, because both sides will be prevented from demoting people for BGs. The stronger city has an advantage, yes, but it is not a widening one any more. Between this and the gun tapering, I think it is actually quite possible to work up strong accounts if they live long enough and "peace" is maintained long enough.

Report Post Tip

I think with the gun tapering and this new change it is less about who has money and more about the smarts of the players now to keep themselves alive long enough to have whatever it is people say makes a big account, whether it is alot of BGs or a big gun I think this change makes living longer that much more valuable.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard pricing modification.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL