Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 22:30:35
Page:  1 
From The Ashes Started by: SquidMaster on Dec 19, '12 00:29

SquidMaster takes a stroll around The Windy City on a calm evening, noticing his beloved tattoo parlor, ran by his very own LilacDelaney... having a smirk on his face and a his famous pipe; SquidMaster calmly puts his back against the wall outside as he watches the city go by with time...

A few moments later SquidMaster notices the businesses front door open; a customer had some walking out with a grin from ear to ear. Another satisfied customer like always when it comes to Lilac. Taking a match and lighting it against the new brick of the building; Lilac shortly follows out of the door thanking the customer one last time...

Looking over noticing her Godfather leaned against the wall enjoying a famous blend of herbs, she greets him with a warm handshake... looking over her shoulder, SquidMaster begins to direct her attention to the beautiful sea that lay behind them...

Lilac... these shores, these waters... they have treated us with ups and downs throughout our time here in Chicago. I have had a hell of a ride and I couldn't be happier with the people I have surrounded myself with; specifically you. Every beck and call you have gone above and beyond to prove your loyalty to this city. I would like to personally thank you for everything, this city can never repay you enough for the things you have already done.

As his pipe embers from taking a break in between words, SquidMaster begins to have a bit of a more serious demeanor to his voice...

We're all aware that the patches you currently wear will be stripped and removed from my city... The Borgatta can no longer be a recognized faction within Chicago, from the ashes will rise a new and better Captain to take the reigns and help this city prosper the way it should.

Turning around as he hears a few loud gentlemen approaching, he notices Vedder; walking his direction. Stopping the man, SquidMaster extends a firm hand shake with a very strong punch to the side of the arm...

Vedder... you have came to the plea of the city when you were needed the most, with flying colors you held a part of Chicago in tact with ease. Tonight I will be asking you to step down and come back to The Buccaneers where your office still collects dust from before, I'm sure the guys and gals will be ecstatic to see you back. From everyone in Chicago, we thank you for everything you have accomplished and done for this city.

SquidMaster gently lifts Vedders keys that have "The Borgatta" engraved along the side... handing him his old patch with the insignia of The Buccaneers, SquidMaster smiles as he calmly slides it into Vedder's jacket pocket.

Turning back to view the beautiful sunset still barely trickling onto the calm waters... SquidMaster continues to converse with Lilac.. handing her the pipe he swipes another match and lights the blend for her.

Like I was saying, you've done more than enough for this city for me to be happy about the decision I am making. Through the days we have learned to grow and bond as a true family should, with time and effort we have learned no one can bring us down, not even the power of greed.

Reaching into his vest pocket, SquidMaster pulls out a set of brand new keys, attached to a small key chain.. after squinting a bit you begin to realize an engraving on the key chain that reads; "Dalle Ceneri".

Today I am giving you a promotion to be a Captain in my city, knowing you will do wonders I have gone ahead and made the pleasure of purchasing your HQ with all the new furnishings... don't worry I got them for a killer deal; my guys know a guy after all!

Tossing the keys and watching Lilac struggle to catch them with eyes wide, SquidMaster laughs as he brings a flask out of his back pocket and taking a hefty swig, as his eye goes sideways from the burn; he laughs and cracks a wicked smile at Lilac.

Now go and make Chicago proud, like I already know you will!

drags over Vedder and company for a celebration of good times ahead...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lilac holds the keys in her hand, turning them over one by one between her fingers as the sun reflects off the shiny silver. Clasping them tightly, she turns her attention to the two men stood beside her and allows herself to exhale slowly while smiling.

Godfather SquidMaster. You have watched over me from the first moment I came to these shores; I take pride in the fact that I have made this journey under your guidance and even more in my future endeavours as your Captain here in Chicago. As you know, I was born and raised in this city and to be offered the chance to work alongside you, SpaceCowboy and Rayden is really something I will never take for granted. This is a privilege beyond words and a promise that I will cling fast to beyond my final breath.
Lilac exchanges a warm handshake with her Godfather, looking him right in the eye.
Of anyone, Sir, you know that Chicago is in my blood and my blood will remain in Chicago. I expect nothing in return for my dedication; to see this city flourish as it rightly should is reward enough. I take this opportunity as a reason to work even harder for The Windy City and to do all I can to fulfill its potential. This is my home and these people are my kin; no other priority will ever consume that indelible fact.

Turning to Vedder, Lilac reaches for his hand and places it between her own.

Vedder. I simply cannot thank you enough for coming to the aid of our family as you did. I did not know you well before, but it is safe to say that as your Right Hand, I saw the true workings of a great leader. I take much inspiration from the time I have spent with you and intend to continue under the fine example you set. I am the first of my bloodline to acquire a Captaincy and with that comes a learning curve; I cannot express my appreciation for all you have done to make that curve just a little less steep. You were a soothing balm in a time of great uncertainty - for that, I can never repay you, but remain forever in your debt.
The newest addition to Chicago, which includes some of the most exemplary men I have ever had the pleasure to work with, will be named Dalle Ceneri. It means 'from the ashes', which I believe to be quite appropriate.

Stepping back from the two men, Lilac looks around her and takes a long, deep breath while gazing at the city view crowning the sunset. She pats her hair, straightens her skirt and takes a moment to re-apply her lipstick, before casting a sly peep at SquidMaster and Vedder.

I believe some drinks are in order, Sirs. You didn't really think an Irishwoman such as myself would possibly let a day go by without a fresh stock of fine liquor, did you? I usually keep a stash large enough to kill ten cavalries; it's my monthly supply from the boys back home.

Lilac nods to one of her bodyguards and within moments, a fleet of them arrive with crate upon crate of intoxicating substances.

See Squiddy...My guys know a guy, too, haha, she says while giving an exaggerated wink.

Right then lads, let's be havin' yis! Bottoms up!

Report Post Tip

With a grin forming across his face, Vedder pats his pocket to ensure The Buccaneers patch is still there. He does this multiple times over the next several minutes just to be double sure. Triple sure. It was good to be operating in the familiar capacity again.

Godfather, anything for Chicago. When you came to me to with the opportunity to assist the city through troubling times, I was more than honored. To have been received by The Borgata was an even more rewarding experience.

Vedder hugs Godfather SquidMaster and turns towards LilacDelaney. Their eyes lock and smiles form across their faces. Vedder moves in to embrace Lilac. He does not let go of the hug as he whispers to her...

It has been a great pleasure working with you ma'am. You are going to do great things for this city, that is clearly the case. Your strength and loyalty will continue to steer this ship in the right direction. I am moving back home across town, but do not be a stranger.

He slides an envelope stuffed with cash into her coat pocket and backs away. Pulling out his own flask, Vedder steps back to admire the new Captain and takes a hefty swig of his own. Excitement fills his eyes as his mouth, throat and stomach fill with the warm sting of moonshine.

Oooohh I, oh, I'm still alive!

Report Post Tip

Mudkip had been ready for this day for some time now , ready to move on from the past and advance the Wind City to the glory it deserves

'Congrats on this much deserved post miss Delaney! I'll do my best to serve you , Chicago , Dalle Ceneri and SquidMaster.'

And with that , Mudkip steps down as hes not much of a speaker

Report Post Tip

Thank you GF SquidMaster. With the death of Timothy, you could have easily disbanded the Borgata and had us absorbed back into the other crews of Chicago. But you didn't, you sent a fine man to look over us and shepherd us until such times as one of our own was ready to take over the mantle of leadership. You obviously recognised the close bond that we share as a family, and realised that breaking us up would only be to the detriment of Chicago. I'm glad my father chose such an intelligent and insightful leader to work for back in the old days before we left Philadelphia.

And to my new boss, Congratulations again Ms Delaney, I can think of no better person to lead us into the future.

Report Post Tip

The time I spent with the Borgata was a great one that was sadly cut short by the actions of Don Petrov. Thankfully though the family were able to carry on. Vedder did a great job looking after them until the time was right for Lilac to step up. This is a great day for Chicago and shows that it is goign from strength to strength.

Congratulations on this well deserved appointment Miss Delaney.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Lilac. I have known you for a short time now but I feel like I have known you for years. You have all the good elments of a great leader, and I know you will do a great job as captain in the windy city.

Leaves a present on the table, then makes his way back through the crowd to his office.

Report Post Tip

Whistles and applauds for the new auth in Chicago, grinning at the thought of how fast she's grown from when they first met.

Congratulations Lilac! You've truely earned this title and I know you will do Chicago proud. In our time working together its been lots of laughs and good times. I'm happy to see you lead your own family, while taking in the members from one of the families you helpt build.

Pauses and lights a cigarette and takes a few drags then exhales.

Since day one you've not only proven your loyalty to myself, but the city of Chicago. You've always gone above and beyond what was required. Sometimes you'd surprise the hell out of me. Its not every day you meet a young gal with such drive and spirit in them.

SpaceCowboy walks towards Lilac slowly and rests his left hand on her shoulder as he gives her a small gift.

So what's this I heard of liquor and a celebration? Smiles at Lilac and winks.

Report Post Tip

Carl finally makes it to the celebritory speech announcing the new leadership position for Lilac. Out off breathe, but dressed to impress Carl approaches Chicago's newest leader.

I am very excited for you my dear, excuse me as I am out of breathe. I was taking my time to get ready for this wonderful event our Underboss SpaceCowboy left me at our Headquarters!

Carl wipes some of the dirt off his cheek and smiles.

Looking forward to the good times ahead of us and I wish your family only the best. You are a great asset to our city and SquidMaster couldn't choose anyone better to fit the position. If you ever need anything, well I shouldn't say this but.. well... SpaceCowboy makes a great breakfast and would love to cook for your entire family!

After shaking hands and Carl hands Miss Delany a small gift he turns to his boss SpaceCowboy and gives him the thumbs up.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: From The Ashes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL