Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:24:16
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard pricing mod start date Started by: Squishy on Dec 26, '12 03:04

The new BG max hp tiering goes into play at 23:59:59 Dec 26th.

As you rank up, you will be able to upgrade your BGs max effectiveness at each rank, at no cost, until January 12 at 23:59:59. Once past this date, it will revert to normal upgrade pricing.

Cheers

Report Post Tip

The promised free training till the 12th of January on new BG's isn't working. That being the case it should be fixed and we should get the extra days to train them for free because of the 24 hour limit or we should get the option to have our money back and the BG's removed.

Report Post Tip

The old BGs are still available at the old price (The 100hp ones)

The link is right below the purchase bodyguard screen and says "Click here to buy bodyguards under the old pricing system...
Only available until Jan 12, '13 23:59."

Or you can click the link to "http://mafiareturns.com/manage/bgmanagement_old.php" directly.

Report Post Tip

I was referring to the NEW BG's which where meant to be able to upgrade for free.

Report Post Tip

"I was referring to the NEW BG's which where meant to be able to upgrade for free."

After rethinking the pricing on the BGs, we ended up changing up the price structure - which is why we felt it was better for the users to keep the old style BGs purchasable until the 12th, giving users the ability to purchase 100hp bgs at the old price, rather than the new price (which is more expensive for the lower ranks)

Report Post Tip

Yeah but it wasn't said what was in this thread would no longer be available and some people purchased bodyguards without the demote because of this thread. This means people may have wasted money they could have used to purchase bodyguards on the old system.

Report Post Tip

Ok I see your point Tetley, if you can have those people contact me asap, we can refund their bodyguards.

Report Post Tip

"As you rank up" Because of this, an already high rank member, shouldn't be obligated to wait ten days until a fully upgraded BG. Me, as a Consig, should be able to buy 9 upgrades as soon as I purchase the BG and any Don should be ab;e to purchase a full BG at once. Maybe you could give a choice of what "level" of BG to buy and the level could go up to your own rank.

Report Post Tip

In all honesty that's how I had this thing figured, Aidan. Or at least hoped it would be that way, point being people should strive to remain at their ranks and not favor being demoted to get it cheaper. Even though they would still get the BG's cheaper as opposed to staying at a Don rank, it would at least cost significantly more because with each rank the upgrade would cost more.

But as it stands right now, I feel it's a punishment to the men and women who chose to stay at their ranks, more so when the old BG system is gone. Because now their BG's will be a lot weaker, and easier for even the shitty guns to kill regardless of the owners rank, when most guns that aren't trained enough would normally wound or fail Don bg's especially at full HP. It's just a waste for high ranks to have to wait, it should be the people who chose "cheaper" BG's that should be waiting and upgrading with each rank, and as suggested by Aidan, people who stay at Don or in the case of Godfather's an option to upgrade/buy BG's from each tier should been available, rather than treating everyone the same regardless of rank, favor those who respect their ranks rather than those who favor the cheaper way.

And that's really how I thought it would be when I saw it saying "as you rank up". But that's just my opinion on the new system, maybe something to consider before Jan 13th when we're no longer able to buy BG's at full HP.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard pricing mod start date
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL