Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:25:04
Page:  1 
Breaking the Silence. Started by: Milk on Oct 13, '07 19:16
*Milk steps out to the streets and addresses the crowd*

The current war has left the streets silenced, far from what it used to be. I am here not to defend a certain position or to attack anyone. I am only here for one thing alone and that is to revive the once bustling streets of our world.

With that, I would like to hear your opinions on loyalty, which I believe is an issue that warrants discussion. A lot of people have abandoned DiscoDuck. I am here neither to question their motives for doing so nor to defend those who have remained with Disco ever since the current war began.

What is loyalty? What is its extent if it indeed has any?

Respects,

Milk
Report Post Tip
loyalty is the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action or person
Report Post Tip
in addition to the second part the extent of loyalty is sticking with that person or action and not leaving it even if it is failing. that is until you believe it is not helping anymore
Report Post Tip
The mere fact that good mafiosos are abandoning DiscoDuck is a good indicator that he has done a poor job as a CL... Sure he has made some friends, seeming he has achieved to create alot of unsponsored targets in the streets time and time again killing other CLs...

Like I tried to explain to him on a couple of occations... A mafioso who resolves every debute with war will in due time face his enemies straight on... Until now he has killed every individual who have had the chance to become something, just because he might be a threat (guess this includes everyone except his 5 closest mates or so... I acutally thought i was a mate at one time, but more so rhett)...

A smart mafioso will see that he has only two choises... Work with DiscoDuck, possibly growing strong and then get killed by DiscoDuck... OR grow strong and KILL DiscoDuck and work with RESPECTED and Honored mafiosos which are plentyful actually...

I wish everyone currently at war with DiscoDuck good luck, and I will help out in any way possible...
Report Post Tip
You want to know why there is silence?

Because we are tired and weary. We have been in this war for the best part of 24 hours now. We can barely lift our guns, let alone talk. We shall seak again when it's needed.
Report Post Tip
Well SWYW, we are curious to know what is going on. In the previous war at least we had updates on how the war was going. anyways we are not talking about the streets being quite we are talking about loyalty the thing about the streets is just that they seem quite
Report Post Tip
I couldn't give a monkey's left tesitcle if you want fucking updates. I am not here to play a song and dance.
Report Post Tip
If you have not been updated it is not SWYWs job, but your bosses... Then again, if you like many others think he has done a poor job yet again I do not find it to be shamefull to leave and join in with a worthy family... Know, that a mafioso is only binded to ones CL if he think he is dealing with honor and respect... You are in a family to earn, show respect and in time maybe create something of yourself and contribute to the family... If this does not seem to be possible cause of bad leadership then take action like many others before you have...

Since most of the players walking these streets do not think DiscoDuck has any of these virtues it is not strange that they are working hard on taking him down... And since alot of the members he had think the same, they chose to join in with someone else whom they think are honorable mafiosos...

Ultimately if they win the war against DiscoDuck it is my belief that these streets may yet again prosper... SWYW is without doubt the mafioso most seen in the streets...
Report Post Tip
I am most seen in the streets. Case closed.
Report Post Tip
*hands BA a bag to pull over his head*

Now you can walk the streets having no one know who you are... Man with bag!
Report Post Tip
We here at Prometheus' Bigass bank of Boondoggles (meaning me) hear your call. We recognize your needs, and will do everything within our (meaning my) immense power (meaning ego) to satiate your hunger for knowledge (meaning lack of patience). That's why we're proud to present...

Prometheus' Bigass Bunch of Unfounded Speculation and Inaccurate War Correspondence.

So far, there's been bunches of shooting, and a short break for lunch at Denny's(or the 1930s equivalent). During said lunch break, Oliver_McTavish is rumored to have dropped half of his BLT sandwich on the floor. He cursed loudly, shedding a single tear, then there was more shooting.

That's only a small sample of the bullshit you'll receive from Prometheus' Bigass Bunch of Speculation and Inaccurate War Correspondence. But, you'll have to subscribe if you wish to see the rest!

Act now!
Report Post Tip
To be honest, just because good mafiosi abandon DD, doesn't make him a bad leader.

Plenty of good mafiosi abandoned Anita in the old(er) days, that didn't make her a bad leader, it made her prosper anyway.

Let's not count our ducklings before they hatch, hmm?
Report Post Tip
Yeah, I'd say it DOES make him a bad leader. Good leaders don't lose their faithful flock in the middle of a war that they should be winning.

Nobody abandoned Anita in the same way they abandoned this Duck. People in her crew may have died and their children joined other families, or they may have left with one of her auths, but no one bought out and joined up with the enemy. I hope you can see the difference.
Report Post Tip
Actually you're wrong.

The majority of Team Good Guy actually left the family.
Report Post Tip
Well, if you want to use that example, TGG was bailing out of every family in every city to pursue their individual agendas that were based on OOC coffee shop relationships. It really had nothing to do with family loyalty. That was a unique situation, and can't be compared to the current situation. The fewest number actually came from Anita's family. I can't even think of one, but I remember there was one or two.

You have had at least ten (according to one person's count. I can't be arsed to do it myself.) leave during the war, and who knows how many others would have left had not their beliefs of unconditional loyalty prevented it. You can sit there and try to defend Duck's leadership all you want, but you're only kidding yourself. Anyone with a clue knows he has failed in leadership ability, his ability to maintain the overall structure of the cities (which the most powerful person always has a quasi-obligation to do), and his ability to instill loyalty among his own members.
Report Post Tip
I'm not disputing the fact that we now have our own fighting against us. I know the current world is a breeding ground for traitors.

I'm only arguing with your statement that none of Anita's aggressors came from her family.
Report Post Tip
Interesting choice of metaphors. "Breeding ground" for traitors. And who do you suppose bred them? Are we not the products of those who raise and nurture us?

No one was born a traitor. They may have become "traitors" in your eyes as a result of their life experiences up to this point in time.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Breaking the Silence.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL