X

May 19 - 14:07:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
GAME CHANGE: LA/LV Closed. Started by: Squishy on Dec 29, '12 23:41

R.I.P LA and LV :(

Report Post Tip

but ahhhhh

BOSTON!

With Whitey in the news all the time, what could be a better change to keep up with the times!!!!

Report Post Tip

"The other leaders did not have plans they could commit to with a date on when they would launch new crews in new cities."

So the current city leaders were approached and they were aware of the closure of these cities at least a few minutes before the general public?

Report Post Tip

Probably a little behind the curve on this one, but I think it has been evident for a long time that the game couldn't really support all the cities it had. If you then add in the fact that the game is likely to be broken down further into districts, then this is a reasonable step in preventing ghost towns cropping up.

Report Post Tip

"So the current city leaders were approached and they were aware of the closure of these cities at least a few minutes before the general public?"

The entire site was notified in News & Announcement GAME CHANGE: threads that we are closing down cities that are unused to make preparations for the Districts. The leaders then had a meeting to determine if they will use the cities in the near future. The outcome of the meeting let me know that it is safe to restructure the cities.

My original intent is to shut down cities that go inactive for 2 weeks, but I let these particular ones stretch much longer.

Keep in mind with the new districts, each city has 5 areas (basically 5 cities in itself). There will be unlimited possibilities for new areas and godfathers in the new set up.

Report Post Tip

Keep in mind with the new districts, each city has 5 areas (basically 5 cities in itself). There will be unlimited possibilities for new areas and godfathers in the new set up.

Perhaps I was a bit haste in my original post.   I'm excited to see how this new change will work

Report Post Tip

Ahh... I'm sure very few people were aware that each district could have a Godfather. I thought every city had a Godfather and each district was for a CL.

Report Post Tip

Each district having a GF would mean many GFs, no? That would lower the prestige of getting the title.

Report Post Tip

I wonder if there will ever be anything that will leave everybody happy. Either we don't get enough opportunities, or we get so many that it gets cheapened...

Report Post Tip

Its time we had a setup like this as thats how the mob in its essence really runs.

A GF has UB or UB's and those UB/UB's control the rest of the family heads in that particular city. Great change.

Here is my two cents though...as much as I like the new idea, I still think there should be only ONE GF per city. Just like a mob has it. So in essence the GF of NY would have a UB that is based out of say Manhattan NY. He then controls the rest of the CL's in Bronx, Brookly, Queens, SI...etc.

That gets you into the politics of becoming a head of a family/city. That would force that particular GF to make sure that the rest of his CL's are happy as any in that city eventually could make a bid for that GF title. It opens up a lil inner city push and shove. And ofcourse there is the rest of the country out there too to keep the political dynamics we currently have.

One GF per city would just open up more dynamics than having 20+ GF's running about. In the 20 GF format...you just got essentially 20 cities running about.

Just my two cents...

Fantastic idea though...I love it!

Report Post Tip

I gotta agree with Tither fully there.Makes total sense and I hope it goes similar to that.

Report Post Tip

I made a suggestion in the game suggestion forum. Would love your input

Report Post Tip

I don't know exactly what way you are working each family into each district but I'm guessing that the Godfather will not be in the districts or else he will be with the underboss in the main district and then you will have 4 other districts alongside that. Now I'm guessing that the best course of action would be to limit each family to 30 members and godfather keeping his original 10 members.

Thats just the way I would see it working the best.

Report Post Tip

That's a good idea in my humble opinion.

Report Post Tip

Yea 5 districts...each controlled by a CL. Those CL's would be loyal to a single GF of the City.

Now you can certainly work with crew limits from there. But since the new system hasn't been implemented I want to see the effects of the current codes on the districts. If we have a disbalance, then tweaks can be made. Why fix something that isn't broke?...sorta thing.

Report Post Tip

When you need to go to another location, would you go to travel and airport(or any other way of travel)and the list of the districts will come up or will it show the city with a slight tab showing the districts you can choose from?

Report Post Tip

Maybe use a taxi to travel between districts? It's basically the same as normal travel only you'd have to wait less. I mean it would be illogical to fly by plane from one city district to another, wouldn't it?

Report Post Tip

am excited in this like the others, i wonder how much MR would change in this new features.

Report Post Tip

I thought I'd chime in and say that I really hope the setup isn't 5 GFs per city. To me that really waters down the rank and takes the prestige and pride out of achieving it. I feel one GF per city, with all dons/CL united underneath him would suffice. It would be more realistic than having 25 GFs in the game. I'm not really sure how the new districts thing works, but if it's essentially going to be 25 new cities, why not just make 25 new cities?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: LA/LV Closed.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL