Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 15:24:56
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
random events Started by: Angelina_Giordano on Oct 15, '08 11:57
I know that I am new to the game, and after reading a lot of the threads, trying to whack people who are about to be inactive, ect, I can see the possibilities for outside events*

*Outside events are things that are not originated by players but can have some interesting results.

An example: a randomly generated hit listing on "computer character", this character would appear at random times in random cities and you you be rewarded if you manage to whack him (think of him as someone in witness protection program)

Another: a crime is committed by someone, outside of your crew, in your hometown, the godfather wants you to "mug" this person to teach him a lesson, if you find him you get to keep what you steal off him and points towards advancement.

another: with all this drug dealing ect by members of crews that don't run the cities, you can't tell me that have been no shootings over deals gone wrong, try introducing a random attempted whack on a player by a drug dealer.

These are just thoughts, it is not meant to be a definitive list, come on guys, think of the crap the mafia got up to in the 1920's and 1930's.

I mean geez, put in something like a BANK job as a felony, but you have to be a certain rank and you must pick x number of your mob to help you pull it off, you all have to be online at the same time but if successful the rewards would be good but the risks are possible shooting by guards, and the cash would have to be split x ways..

Minor wars would start between opposing mobs over control of certain areas, can we incorporate something like that?

What about kidnapping for ransom?

I mean come on, this game offers endless crimes, you just have to suggest them, and let others figure out how to implement them.
Report Post Tip
these ideas.......they're good. but about the fight over territory...you just missed the biggest war in the game's history! it took out the whole Philly area in its wake i was in it so was the rest of my family it may look like i myself just started but this is my second life! i was eliminated in that war....*shakes with the memory of it* keep up the good ideas

BD
Report Post Tip
Your right BD ... sometimes it is nice just to have peace in the streets so that one can RP and have a good time. I believe that there is another game that has all the events in it that she is talking about, but still, this is MR and nothing else.
Report Post Tip
there are bank jobs already
Report Post Tip
not that i'm saying that a little skirmishing isn't good for cleaning up scum that sometimes accumulates on the streets cuz it is but not right after a war that has gone down in the history books and has eliminated a rediculous number of good people.....know what i'm sayin?
Report Post Tip
well, you have to remember that not everyone here now was in game when the war happened.

I can understand that it was "traumatic" to some degree, but what i see now, is everyone waiting for a player to become IA and then it is a race to see who can whack them first. Please adding in things like random whacks should be viewed as a good thing.

Other than that, you do your "petty"s and your "felony"s then do a bit of drug trading, then wash, rinse and repeat.

The felony bank job is a 1 person thing, I am talking about making it "involve" more than just you, you have to get some other members of your crew to be online and willing to do it "with" you.

Also, if you fail your felony, all that happens is you get a message "you have been booked" or something similar, how about actually losing some of your cash to "pay the fine" or even make your crew come and "bail you out".

Possibly you could be actually thrown in the slammer if you fail a "felony", that would give someone a chance to "jailbreak" you instead of having to wait for a sweep by the cops.

You mention that there is a game that is closer to what I am describing? which is it?

I mean this game is ok, but there will be players who don't want to irc or use the forums, they want to "play" the game more.
Report Post Tip
You will generally find, Angelina, that a lot of the older players here fiercely resist change at any cost. A lot of the standard features now; bg wacking and crackdowns in particular, were denounced by the majority of old timers when they were first implemented. You're always fighting an uphill battle to suggest something radically different that may not conform to the users' idea of how this simplistic RPG should be.

I do think you have some brilliant ideas, particularly introducing element to the game play. As far as I know, there will be NPCs on the *new* game Squishy and co. are coding, so it's definitely a possibility.
Report Post Tip
Well, it would seem that maybe someone has been listening, i just failed a felony and got thrown into jail for it.

Just lucky i guess.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: random events
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL