Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 07:35:23
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
New Orleans Started by: Marietta on Oct 15, '08 17:03
It was too cold; it was too quiet. The last time Marietta Rossi had been to New Orleans it had been lively and full of happy chatter- the usual festival fun for Mardi Gras. Not a trace of that was left as the seasons moved further into Autumn, leaving a snappy chill lingering on the gray streets with small wooden buildings. Her green eyes swept the perimeter of the doorway to the restaurant she stood outside of, noting the shudders were peeling paint and that the entire neighborhood could use a good 'fix up'. Biting her tongue to keep her thoughts to herself rather than share with the locals, Mari pushed open the door and stepped inside.

The place was brightly lit and full of loud, rambunctious men and women. They all shouted over one another, competing for the limelight as they spoke. 'Perfect,' the Don of Detroit thought to herself, noting that with all the noise that she and her two associates would not be overheard. She nodded briefly at the hostess who immediately nodded back, grabbing a menu and leading the blond towards the back. A high-backed, red cushioned booth awaited her, as did one man and one woman who were softly chatting to one another. Feeling a smile crossing over her lips Marietta cleared her throat and sat down next to the woman on one side of the booth.

Evening, she said, her voice cheery and upbeat. The woman nodded in return, her red hair falling over her face for a brief moment and the man smiled back. My apologies for being so tardy. I had a few other things to take care of first. You know how kids can be with guns.

"Gumbo? Anything like that?" a loud talking waitress said as she approached. Marietta shook her head in a negative and waved her hand dismissively. Not at the moment, thanks. With a roll of her eyes the server stomped off towards another table, leaving the three alone in an awkward silence. Well, I suppose we'll just get started then, shall we?

Marietta peeled off her leather gloves and tossed them onto the table. Folding her hands on top of the glossy, reflective surface she turned her head to face the two and address them. I'm rather glad that you two have already begun to speak with one another, Hayley and Dante. She smiled towards her long time associate Hayley before switching her gaze to Dante_Balboni, a former associate of Iris' and one of Cab_Tufting's current Made Men. Anyway, where was I?

Right, so I'm sure by now you have all heard about my plan to dominate the world. Dante and Hayley exchanged a glance and Marietta let out a small chuckle. I suppose what I mean is, I'm sure you've heard of the plan we came up with regarding the Seven Cities of Crime, USA.

The plan was to place two new 'starter' mob families in each of these said cities. So far it seems to be working out well. Now, before a small, out of town gathering that I had to attend, I managed to get New York and Los Angeles squared away. Since I've been back I've dedicated all my efforts into getting this moving, and today, as you can tell, I've decided to take care of New Orleans.

Another glance was exchanged between the pair. "You mean...?" Hayley began to ask, looking at Marietta with wide eyes. The woman could only nod and smile in return. If you're up to it, of course, I'm definitely offering the job to you two.

"Why me?" Dante asked in surprise and Marietta shook her head in amusement. I've asked around about you two, of course. Very solid, dependable people. Always ready to lend a helping hand. I think right now that's the sort of quality a city like New Orleans needs in a leader. I'm not telling you two to run around and hold hands with everyone, fuck no. I'm just saying- that this city being deserted for as long as it has- it's going to need a lot of extra care and attention to get it running again.

She paused and another silence filtered in around the three. Outside of the barrier the shouting and laughter continued, yet it seemed as if time had taken on a different sort of flow within their booth. At last Dante laughed and Hayley gave an overly large smile.

I'll take that as a yes, then? Marietta asked with a small smirk. "Yes!" the man and woman blurted in unison, quickly adjusting and composing back to their normal conditions. Giving a loud laugh Mari shook her head. No need to be embarrassed, this seems like that type of place. Waitress! she called, getting the attention of snotty woman from earlier. We'll take that gumbo now. Make it extra special for these two- they're very important.
Report Post Tip
Stubs out his smoke and looks over at Don Marietta, still feeling a little shocked at what he had just heard he tries to compose himself

Honestly I can say that when I joined Iris's family I never thought that I would end up here. I'm truely honoured to be given this opportunity by yourself and my own boss Cab.

plus out a carefully concealed flask, takes a swig and offers it to Haley

Congratulations to yourself, I look forward to working together with you and hope that we can build the city of New Orleans into the thriving place that it should be.
Report Post Tip
Congrats to all these new auths. I'm sure they will do well in the Big Easy.
Report Post Tip
Marietta, I cannot thank you enough for this opportunity. It has been great working with you, and an honor to have a family of my own. I could only hope that I will someday be as great as you.

She looks towards Dante with a smile.

And a congratulations to you Dante. I look forward to working with you, and turning New Orleans into something great.
Report Post Tip
Harvey walks out of the kitchen, taking off his hat. He bows to Haley and Dante

I congratulate the two of you. I made sure the chefs took extra special care of your meal. I can't stay long, but welcome to New Orleans.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to the both of you.

New Orleans is a wonderful city. Just as so many cultures have joined there to provide a totally original atmosphere, I hope to see the two of you run your operations in harmony for the benefit of yourselves, your city, and the world at large.

Best of luck Haley and Dante.
Report Post Tip
Fosters hears some noise coming from the end of the street he is staggering down. He was in the middle of trying to find a newsagent to aquire a fresh 8 deck. Only yesterday, he'd managed to find 8 for just $6.50! Anyway, he decides to put off his search and listen in to the now visable, although incredibly hazy, women at the end of the street.

TWO AUTHS?!?! Are my ears deceiving me!?

As Fosters cries, sure enough 2 successful looking gangsters walk out behind Marrietta.

Wow, good luck to the pair of you! Im sure, you'll.. urm ..what was I saying? Ahh yes! Well done!

Fosters rights himself again after leaning severly to the left while he was talking, presumably he thought there was something to support him so he staggers a few feet before he gathers his balance.

He turns and points towards a tobaconists and marches off in search of cheap boos
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to the both of you and may New Orleans prosper under the new leadership.

I look forward to The Tits becoming good acquaintances with the both of you.
Report Post Tip
Swaying slightly Malc take off his hat as he hears the news

Congratulations to yourself Dante and of course to my new boss Hayley.

I look forward to working with you Hayley and alongside your family Dante, to make New Orleans the place it should be. I hope that in time the names of both families will be mentioned alongside some other great people who have ran this fine city.

with that I have some work to be doing so I will be on my way, if only i could remember which way that is.

Malc looks around confused before suddenly getting his bearings and heading off towards the new HQ
Report Post Tip
Fosters falls out of the shop with a fresh set of cans in a plasitc bag hanging from his right arm. He sees Malc_the_alc accross the road and looking confused so Fosters approaches him

Spare any change good sir? or whisky?

Want any favours doing? im game for alot of things govna...

Fosters stares at the man's gorgous new shoes
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to the both of you.
Report Post Tip
Mane inclines his head in the direction of the two proud new leaders of New Orleans.

Congratulations to both of you, I look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with to restore the glamour of New Orleans.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations, Haley and Dante.

Good luck in New Orleans.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to both of you, looking forward to working together to rebuild our world - yet another great step forward. Well done!

Enjoy your new homes in New Orleans, im sure you will do great things with the city.
Report Post Tip
Yay you got a crew...

Congrats
Report Post Tip
Congrats to the families in New Orleans!

Opens up a fresh pack of cigars..

Crumbles up the wrapper and puts it in his pocket

New Orleans has always been a lively city and a city filled with parties and jails, I hope this can continue!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations you two.

Well deserved indeed, the Big Easy has long been too quite for my taste!

Let the deep vat fryers RING!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations you guys, I'm sure you'll both serve the big easy well and will have thriving families there too. Salut!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to both of you! Our families have known each others for generations and I am thrilled to see you both in these positions. New Orleans will definitely flourish!
Report Post Tip
Congrats guys :D I know you will do a great job with t3h new citeh
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL