Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:49:25
Page:  1 
Hell Yeah! Beat that dead horse! Started by: -_StonedSilent_- on Jan 10, '13 00:54

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Would you eat the fucker, or give it as a gift?

Interesting question indeed, but what's more interesting is asking ourselves, what can we do to create a better place to run?

You know idea's are always thrown out there, people complain about certain subjects, don't hesitate to vent to others about how this should be done and how that should be done. But why do they never come public and express their interest?

Accountability concerning Rogues for instance, a wonderful speech and a matter that should be brought to light. Whether you agree or disagree with people's comments the debate is rather popular which obviously really plays a part in how things are run and operated.

Just a prime example of bringing your thoughts to life, rather then going over it continuously in your head. Usually if you have a complaint to vent on or something to say, then your undecided yourself on the matter. Not until you get other answers and or opinions can you really be comfortable with your thoughts.

It was suggested that people get bored, can't find answers they want and therefore causing them to commit heinous acts such as shooting innocent victims or masturbating publicly. If that bored, then why is it we are having such a problem with getting people active in the streets?

Would being able to express yourselves more, or just stating your own opinions help prevent some from acting out? I would think so.

I'm actually a bit excited, excellent speeches have been made since promoting S.E.S and a lot more activity has been seen. Whether you agree or disagree the numbers don't lie.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying activity would solve serious issues such as Rogues or anything else for that matter. But I for one think that if you have something your interested in then it would keep you yearning for more. Having something to focus on outside of snatching purses or playing seven minutes in heaven with Camzilla. I mean hell, idea's come out when venting as well and at times those in the position too do so may just see it as a great idea and may take it into consideration to implement. Without it how does our world grow? To leave it up to those in charge to come up with the idea's is just silly and unfair to them especially since we like to criticize their actions, they have enough on their plate.

Now I may be beating a dead horse from time to time, but I really think it is something that should be addressed. This world of ours isn't just crimes. It's being publicly known, it's striving to make an empire grow, it's pushing for new ways and making aspirations become reality. We change daily, we grow, we gain respect, and with respect along with power comes more responsibilities. Why wait for that too happen? Why not make it your responsibility to make a difference as well? Rather then telling yourself and using the excuse that you lack the talent or have a speech impairment preventing anyone from understanding you. It may not show, but you would be amazed as to the amount of people who contact me agreeing with my speeches. That however is not my intentions by doing this. Sure, knowing others agree with what I have to say is wonderful, but not to get a response in the street or efforts made on their own is a failure to the point in which I'm making. Maybe it is an impossible task. Although I have dedicated my time to try to test the waters and see exactly what can be done to change that. Does anyone else within the community feel the same as I do or are we all just going with the flow and letting things ride.

To me, being a Mafioso means much more then just killing, stealing cash, running prostitute rings and or raiding truck depots. It's about being a community, one that is so tight that regardless of who your enemies may be you share a special bond. We became Mobsters to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. We want to be known, we want to make a difference. Outside of the racketeering and hits, we have a responsibility to the community. We are our own judge, jurors, politicians and police. We control who rises, and who falls, but the overall goal is to strive for success. Up from the boss's down to the peddling civilian. If your a part of this thing then you already have the responsibility to set your own legacy. If you want your legacy to revolve around crimes then so be it, but the average criminal isn't always remembered. Most of the greats have always spoke their mind and I'm in full support of those ways. Mafioso's such as Kilgore, Dylan, Dread the pirate that likes pickles, and LilacDelaney understand and make their work known. They may not like me, or agree with some of my rants and raves themselves, but they do understand how important street life is. You can see it in their wonderful work and speeches. Whether it's running a paper, or making and intellectual speech we as a community are doing them a great injustice by not attending. It's sad to see really and it does disappoint some. It's setting a standard in which is negative for the community. Whether you believe it or not.

I hold no power nor do I expect people to listen, but I do however make my opinion known. Whether you feel it's out of line or you feel that it is a waste of breathe is your very own opinion, and if you'd like to share it then by all means do so. Is effort no longer a necessity? Are we all pleased by the norms which consist of the very basics? I for one am not.

Through time based of ancestor journal entries, those bloodlines who have been around for some time can probably vouch for the activity in our streets. The creativity that once was brought such as ring side boxing matches, to the Tea Time publishing down to the occasional food fights. Whether Mobsters liked them or not they were all drawn to the streets daily to see what exciting appearance was made. It added a new dimension in which they lived their lives. I ask you all, is it worth losing? Maybe I'm just overacting but the trend of recent speeches and lack of response show that the interest in public appearance has drastically hit an all time low. Why not bring that dimension back? It starts which each and everyone of us. I hope that maybe someday that will change for the positive. Until then I will enjoy the appearances made and applaud those who give effort in doing so.

Whether you take my word for it or not is does impact our day by day lives drastically.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, bring back Tea Time!

Report Post Tip

I think it's safe for me to speak for Lilac  (since she'll just agree with me anyway) when I say public response to the things we do helps us keep doing it.  Why would we keep working hard if nobody likes it?  And, how would we know if anyone is paying attention if no one responds to our words.

I know there are some among us who have much greater potential for public presence who aren't utilizing it.  Do we know why?  Maybe they don't feel it's worth it.  Who knows?  But, the most important thing we need to create lively streets is participation.  One person can not do it alone.  So, try making your voices heard once in a while, people!  You never know what good things could happen.

Report Post Tip

Katniss approaches the small group, nodding her head as she does so.

I agree with Mr. Pickles on what he says with people not utilizing what public presence they could potentially have. I also agree with you, I am not happy with how barren and cold the streets seem at times. I myself haven't contributed a lot, but I do try when I can. And I know many others who feel the same way; a lot of it has to do with fear for saying the wrong thing, a lot of it has to do with the ridicule that comes from a lot of the other mobsters whenever someone decides to speak.

My bloodline has long lived for and breathed the Streets of Our Thing. It's what drew my ancestors here initially, it is what has brought them back time and time again. And even though I consider myself someone who loves the Streets (not like I'm a hooker or anything), I find that even I hesitate to speak at times. This issue stems mostly to debates, but at times when I am traversing the streets and want to tell a tale I second guess myself constantly. What if I say sparks an argument? What if what I say is taken out of context? What if someone decides to end my poor, young life over a small, insignificant sentence?

However, I, and others with these similar fears, need to take a 'fuck it' stance in life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and it is unfortunate that at times the negative responses outweigh the positive ones in the streets. If people truly love to speak, or entertain, they will. And they should. As Mr. Pickles said, you never know what good things could happen. Speaking in the streets have changed careers for many people in This Thing, for the better and for the worse, sure, but taking that small chance can always pay off in the end.

I would also like to commend you, Mr. Silent, for taking the time to try and bring some entertainment back into our lives. I think your hard work is sparking excitement elsewhere for others, even if you cannot see the payoff yet. Here's hoping that we can have a thriving speaking world once more!

Report Post Tip

Thank you very much and I must agree with your statements. Yes some issues with being vocal is taking the risk of offending others. However, some of history's greatest events have come from the results of the very same thing you mention, yet it became just that, history. It was remembered, regardless of how heinous it may have or have not been.

Speeches have also changed lives, created room for growth, and changed ways as we know it. Opinions have a very strong impact whether viewed negatively or not and always give us something to think about even if it ends in heated debate. I value your input Mam' and thank you for your kind words. I look forward in attempting to make a difference and hopefully alongside numbers.

Report Post Tip

The reason that there have been less people out here is because it is no longer required in this thing of ours. The requirement was always made from the "top dawgs". Now we all know that even a year ago we wouldn't have even sniffed getting our own family if we had not spoken in the streets.

Vince Noir picks up a stick and starts beating the horse over the head a few times...

Now back in the day the boss or bosses would have killed any crewleader/family that hadn't got a street prescence. They could simply go out to the street and say he wasn't making an effort on the street and that is why he died.

This gave people the motivation to get involved and think of something new to tell others. We have lost that little prize because it isn't a requirement at the minute and it is no single persons fault but everyones. We need to be the ones that urge the council of forgotten rules that we used to follow.

Now I mean no disrespect but we need to stop authing our friends because they can click and start authing our friends who can actually come out here and show that they have the skills needed to be a leader.

Report Post Tip

I'm going to come right out and support many of the sentiments shared here.

Now, when my bloodline first came this thing, street presence was a dwindling phenomenon, but it was nonetheless still expected by some of those in power. Actually gathering up the balls to come out here and say anything, particularly as a newbie with dirt under her nails, was terrifying. But I did it. The 'fuck it' stance Katniss refers to is, in many ways, the only way forward when it comes to facing the demons of public speak. That is, of course, provided that 'fuck it' doesn't refer to adhering to a common code of conduct. Regardless of fear, anyone who feels that they might have something to contribute needs to haul ass out here and deliver it. To hell with negative responses; let them float over your head, for they carry no weight. There will always be someone who will take your words seriously and commend you for at least trying.

Onto auths. It could be said that Vince's statement was somewhat risky under the current administration, but I'm going to back him up. I genuinely believe that our leaders should prove themselves fit to demonstrate their skills on the streets before receiving their own HQ keys. You cannot be a silent leader. Although my bloodline have not been around long, some of the best leaders I've seen have also been the most vocal. It isn't just about building a reputation. It's about respresenting your family and city as a figurehead, just as much as you expect your crew members to represent you. It's a two way street. Personally, if I were the type to sit in silence and allow my members to speak for me, I'd be handing my keys over. A leader must have a voice. It doesn't have to be particularly eloquent or possessing of an astounding range of vocabulary; all it takes is one little thing, something that moves mountains when executed correctly. What is that little thing? Well, it's simple. Effort. That's it.

Sure, as crew leaders we are all exceptionally busy. But in my humble opinion, the most important aspect of being a leader is the ability to stand up and make yourself heard. Your family depends on it. If they can't depend on that, can they really depend on you?

Report Post Tip

There are those that lead crews, they are leaders in, their names in bold.  Then there are those that lead and shape.  Their names are well know, illuminated in methorical lights and covered in glory.  But they are not bold.

Do they seek a bold suit?  Some have word it.  Some do not wish to.

What is a common thematic strand, on these Streets, is the desire for these Streets to have numerous thematic strands loudly voiced.

Whom is able to contribute a sufficient number of thematic strands, onto these Streets, in order to meet the desire for an increased number of thematic strands?

And, once there are a sufficient number of thematic strands on the Streets, whom will be able to ensure they are of sufficient quality?

So, really, the question is whom, on these Streets, can create a a sufficient number of enhanced  thematic strands on these Streets?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hell Yeah! Beat that dead horse!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL