Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 16:31:16
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
'Are you following me?' Started by: LordofBiscuitTins on Oct 17, '08 11:56
Please note, this is more of a suggestion for the new game rather than this one.

Since on the new game there will be various NPC drug dealers, mobsters and so on. I suggest the inclusion of various NPC's, "Private Detectives", who can be hired to tail other mobsters.

I've got two overall ideas for this;. Either the longer you tail the more you know about their character (Is he on wack? Defense?), and eventually really specific info (I've been watchingJoe for weeks and I think he has about 50 kills).

Obviously people may be v. unhappy with this level of information so the alternate idea is that the longer you have private detective(s) tailing a target, the more chance you have at shooting them; though the major factor would still be your wack stat and their defence stat.

Obviously both ideas affect gameplay in a big way, so it wouldn't be a cheap feature. I would suggest a base price of $10,000 per detective per hour, plus $10,000 for each rank of the target. (I.e tailing a capo for one hour with one detective would cost $80,000). The option to use multiple detectives for multiple hours to speed up proceedings would be available.

This brings me to the next factor which would balance the field slightly, the more detectives you have tailing someone and the longer the tail; the more chance the person has of spotting them:

"You notice the same guy has been following you for some time. After showing him some green he informs you he's working for XXXX."

Obviously, it would be up to the players collectively to sort out a punishment for this sort of thing.

All in all, I think it's a great idea that would bring a new dimension to the game, if it's possible to code that is.
Report Post Tip
Apologies for the slightly disjointed nature and typos, I just wrote without proofing ;S.
Report Post Tip
I really like this and think it is a great idea.
Report Post Tip
Nobody would follow you.
Report Post Tip
I think this is a good idea. But say the person you were following killed someone, would you also get the WS, and would they know someone was tracking them but not necessarily who?
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: 'Are you following me?'
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL