Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:07:37
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Enough Is Enough Started by: -_StonedSilent_- on Jan 15, '13 01:00

Ok so since the take down of Godfather Squid I think we have all heard an explanation of all sides.

Now, first let me say a few things. At first I admittedly was very curious as to what exactly happened. Granted a lot were, something such as this hasn't really ever happened in this kind of manner and yes most are right that it doesn't follow normal Mafioso ways. Ride or die with your Godfather so on and so forth. Now I was worried, worried that our fine city may get wiped out overnight. Worried that we allowed a power move in to show weakness. That ended up not being the case and I'm grateful for hearing so.

Really though, did it really have to stem to using illegal methods to try and back up so called facts? Even if past events happened there's absolutely no substance at all behind it. Reason being? It's politics, if your not preparing for every worse case scenario you can't really be a leader to begin with. So does it surprise me talks were made of, hey if this happens will you help with this, hey if I do it too often will I go blind, or even talking about future plans. What a lot of people don't know, being they may never had been put in the position before, is that a lot of things run through your mind. Lot's of this or that antics. Lots of rumors, and regardless of how over the top the rumor may be you still have to look into it. If your not then your doing yourself and those you care about an injustice. Now when it all went down, I was very confused. I was outraged by the decision myself, but that's where ignorance comes into play. Besides, being just a member within a family it really doesn't give me the right to try and ask questions. Yes my loyalty laid with Squid being Godfather, but primarily to Space. Regardless on whether or not I had agreed with his actions at first is neither here nor there, yet it's not my place to decide on what is right and what is wrong. I still devote my loyalty to him and him alone.

The criticism I'm hearing is rather ridiculous. First of all if your not within the Chicago crime family and just looking from the outside in then why criticize at all? If some within the city don't fully have a grasp on events then surely you don't. The leaders from the fine cities have announced their stance on the subject and reasoning for taking the actions they did. They don't even have to explain a thing, yet being they noticed the concern the community had they took the time to do so.

Let's tackle the so called fact. Facts of what exactly?

So your telling me that making plans for a just in case scenario is pure facts of disloyalty?

There will always be conversations regarding being nervous about take downs. There will always be conversations about other cities and what he or she may think of them. It is the Mafia after all is it not? And there will always be backstabbing and cries of "Oh shit why he do that?"

Decisions are decisions and there's nothing anyone can do once someone takes action. Trying to call someone out on said actions, trying to point fingers, and trying to create conspiracies does nothing to change any of it.

Sadly this isn't doing Squids legacy any justice. For a few days and still counting, spawns of said individual and those close to him have been coming out bashing Chicago. Now, we all have had ancestors mad about events that took place with him or her. Trying to cause paranoia, attempting to cause confusion amongst the ranks and their members is not backing Squids legacy and what he stood for at all. Had it been left alone we would all still be stating how great of a man he was, which I still say. But to hear the same things over and over, having people try to put blame on something they have no idea about is just immature. I want our Godfather to be remembered as a man that had a calm head and managed his city the best he could. Granted, now that some things people normally wouldn't be aware of have been aired out, we know flaws from behind the scenes. That alone was his doing and his choice. Yet those flaws would have never been made known had those upset about the situation not continuously try to make this point or that point. What's starting to piss me off is that attempting to create war, trying to create paranoia that potentially has the ability to cause deaths, to cause people who stood by his name and STILL defend him by everything they stand for to possibly lose their lives. For what exactly? As I have stated, a lot don't agree with what happened, a lot were upset at first, but to continue to make points and call people out is not solving a thing. It's going to get people who cared about your father and friend to possibly make rash decisions and in turn ruining everything he created and upheld. Those people who cared for him don't deserve to meet the same fate, and if you cared about how your father felt about them then I suggest leaving the issue alone. Chaos is not a solution and especially not a time machine that changes events.

Here's a fact for you, what's done is done. As great as you may feel Squid was, nothing can change the decision that has been made whether you agree or disagree. The attempt to not only defend his decision making but to try and call out others involved has not only made this whole ordeal very tiresome, but only backing the reasoning as to why others felt the removal was needed. Which many was hoping was not the case.

Do I agree with some of the decisions, no, but is it my place to criticize? Absolutely not. i do however respect our leaders decision and those of the other cities. They are in a position to know more then I for sure and I will not discredit anything they have chosen to do because surely there is more too it then what is being made of in the streets.

Before making this more of a spectacle and destroying a great image that was, I simply say enough is enough. Instead of looking at the negative aspects, lets work with what we are all handed and move the fuck on.

Thanks.

Report Post Tip

They don't even have to explain a thing, yet being they noticed the concern the community had they took the time to do so. 

Well i am glad you gave this speech and everything but i just wanted to make a comment on that one thing you said. You said as i have put in bold text above that they didn't have to explain. But in fact yes they did. It dosen't matter how powerful you are or how high up. When events like this happen you HAVE to explain it. They didn't take it upon themselves to come out here but because they HAD to come and explain. Or else other city CL's would start to wonder if this was a illegal shooting or so forth. Im not saying that it was im just stating that you always have to explain when something like this happens. It may be a small point but it's still one.

Report Post Tip

Aye well I was more referring to other Leader's who didn't directly take the shot but were also involved. I should have made that more clear.

Takes a drag of his smoke

Also more of the along the lines of having to defend their actions outside of the initial statement made. My apologies and thank you for correcting that statement.

Report Post Tip

The Shot was Taken GodFather Steak came out told everyone his reason for it,It may leave a sour taste in some peoples mouth and it may Not The one Point i see that justifies GodFather Steak is the THREAT By GodFather Squid to Kill a Hand of His City THAT in itself Is more than Reason Enough For GodFather Steak to have called in His Inner Circle and Plot To raise the entire city of Chicago. As we all know Familys and Citys have been raised for less The thing is GodFather Steak Didnt he ended Godfather Squids life 2 other members where executed and 1 suicide all in all the restraint showen by GodFather Steak speaks volumes about his Leadership and how he wants the community to grow as we all know there would have been a room Full of People in New Orleans Screaming out for BLOOD over the threat to shoot one of his Hands.

Report Post Tip

Would it kill you to put periods.

Report Post Tip

Joey, you are in fact not correct. Godfathers, Crew leaders, and captains have their own methods of communication not accessable by the rest of us.If he had chosen, Godfather Steak could have used those methods to let the other city and crew heads why he did what he did without ever setting foot on the streets. Stoned silent is in fact correct that no CL or GF ever MUST speak about why they took down another crew leader.

Report Post Tip

"Would it kill you to put periods."

Joey, uncalled for, lets not be rude as its completely unnecessary and off point! As philli-stein has pointed out, you're utterly wrong, think about it like this. This area we are talking about is right in the middle of streets; any john doe can walk by and listen to business that doesn't concern them.

An explanation is offered out of common courtesy, nothing more. Not because they owe the masses but simply to set the record right, if they choose to do so.

Report Post Tip

Actually Joey, they dont need to explain anything. Any Godfather could shoot someone, then return to their office and carry on with their day to day buisness like nothing happened. They decieded to share their reasons, but it isnt set in stone, or mandated by the gods. Many a time something has happened and the powers that be have declined comment, or gave a very brief, detail lacking response to the situation.

Report Post Tip

Lilac emerges from the crowd of listeners and sighs heavily.

Joey.

First, you make a statement that is unfounded. Then, you act in an unnecessarily rude fashion towards a boss from another city.

Suffice to say, I am not best pleased by this at all. You are a ranked member of Chicago and should know better than to state - in a public arena no less - what you expect of those who are superior to you. Explanations are provided to the wider masses by those in leadership if and when it is deemed appropriate to do so and not out of obligation.

Khamul, I apologise for any offence caused.

Report Post Tip

Lilac, you gonna gun down a member for talking?  Is that we're reduced to?

Report Post Tip

Arnie, she is simply making it aware that she disagree's with the actions he took. No where does it state gunning anyone down. Now move on little man.

You simply don't attack Mafioso's for speech errors. Especially if you represent your city.

If your really that confused as to why your father was killed, then ask yourself this. He went and pulled his city into something they had nothing to do with based of alleged facts he gathered. True or not, whether he thought he believed in said facts, it simply was not a place for it. There is a little thing called Omerta in the way of life we live. The code of silence. So even if he came across said facts he disobeyed this widely known law by making it public viewing which detailed absolutely nothing he was involved in.

Take it as a simple lesson learned. Don't get your panties in a Wad just because he received a bare bottom whipping. Nothing wrong with making mistakes, but continuing on with your rants isn't going to accomplish anything.

Your Father's leadership felt what he had done was out of line and death was their stance. Why waste the breathe by following in your Fathers footsteps?

Report Post Tip

"Your Father's leadership felt what he had done was out of line and death was their stance. Why waste the breathe by following in your Fathers footsteps?"

A blood oath, that's why.  I am honour bound to do what's right by this thing.  I refuse to stand idly by whilst idiots, cads, fools, knaves and chances ruin my belowed Streets.

The leadership of this thing are slow learners.  But I am a patient teacher.

And that is all that I have to say to you.

Report Post Tip

Did you forget to take your medication?

What the hell are you even talking about?

Smiles, shakes his head and lights a joint

I really don't see the point in coming out and bitching about your Fathers death publicly when you can take it up with his former leadership. It's obvious they made the correct decision.

Heredity is a bitch, and that's all I have to say to you.

Report Post Tip

Erm, not so obvious to the many who object to it.

Report Post Tip

Your beloved streets?

People only flock to the words of your lineage because it's cheaper than a trip to the circus.

You, sir, represent nothing more than a curious stain that refuses to be washed from the fabric of our thing.

Report Post Tip

Lilac, I represent many things, the voice of the voiceless, history's vengeful child, colour in a black and white world.

You represent...  being a company (wo)man, staid, cliched ol' nonsense, a street presence of sorts, but a relic of a long discarded past.

You, ma'am, are and idiot.

Report Post Tip

Khamul Bows his head Respectfully at the Don From Chicago

Thank You Don Delaney it has been an emmotional few days for you people in the windy city no offence has been taken

Report Post Tip

"Are and idiot"

Noah claps sardonically.

Anyway, back to the actual speech. There's some sense in there, but I'm not as young as I was once and it's rarely that something moves me strongly enough to say something about it, I've not really gotten involved with this whole situation because it doesn't concern me. I checked the streets to see if my superiors had made contributions and saw none that affected me. I still make the same money, I still live the same life. Godfather Squidmaster may have been a behemoth, but the only affect his death has had on the life of a mobster such as me is that I can no longer gamble in Chicago. For the vast majority of people in Philadelphia, this is true for them also. However, comments like this:

"The criticism I'm hearing is rather ridiculous. First of all if your not within the Chicago crime family and just looking from the outside in then why criticize at all?"

First of all, the logic of saying 'why comment' if you're not from Chicago is mindless. What of those in New Orleans, who's leader took the shot that ended Squid's life? I'd say that have a great reason to comment, if I'm honest. Secondly, perception is a massive factor in everything in this thing of ours. If someone picpockets me and I perceive them to be weaker and not have as many friends, I'll mug the shit out of them; if I perceive them to be tanked up and well connected, I'll leave them the hell alone. The principles are quite fluid, but it's a concept crucial to the way we do business. It doesn't matter if something is totally innocent and not worth of conversation, if a series of events cast someone, or someplace, in an unfortunate light then people will comment on it. That is true in all walks of life, but especially in ours.

Lastly, your major criticism of people commenting on these events is that they don't really know what's transpired. I'm not expecting or advocating anyone breaking Ómerta, but when the situation is already about as clear as mud, cryptic comments like "Really though, did it really have to stem to using illegal methods to try and back up so called facts?" don't really help in my eyes!

Report Post Tip

Noah, for pointing out the flaw in "you are and idiot", you truly are and idiot.

A GF falling is a major event and everyone is interested.  Moreover, it concerns everyone.

Protocol is the only thing between us and anarchy.

Report Post Tip

I think you'll find the main perpetrator into Chicago's failings towards Squid were from ME.

I was from Chicago and was Squid's RHM, I think I'm in a better position that most to discuss the state of it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Enough Is Enough
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL