Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 19:06:14
Page:  1 
Man Made Men Started by: Amadeo_Macelli on Oct 20, '08 03:15
Amadeo_Macelli is walking down the streets and decides all of the sudden that he finally has something to say. He finds a soapbox near a group of people and stands upon it to address them.

I am Amadeo_Macelli. My bloodline is relatively new to these shores. My father was the first to become known in this thing of ours. Be that as it may, I would like to say a few things.

I have listened to many speeches on these streets of ours involving the importance of family and the respect that one needs to become a Made Man, to be received into the upper echelons of the family structure. It was only recently though that I felt I really understood this, I got the family part, don't mess with family. The Made part though, that eluded me. Why is the position of Made man so much more important? Why must you 'prove yourself' to deserve it? Why can't you just gain rank like before?

It was the day before yesterday that these questions were finally answered to me in a manner that I could understand. I am not going to go over all of the reasons but sufficed to say, a made man, in the mafia, is someone who can be trusted WITHOUT FAIL. I would like to thank Cab_Tufting, my boss, and LordofBuscuitTins for pointing this out to me.

My father Gino_Macelli was promoted to made man during the end of the war, shortly before his demise. I cannot help but wonder if it may have been premature. Not that my father wasn't loyal or anything like that--He actually ended up losing his life basically on a suicide mission that his family boss told him to do--but did his boss really know him well enough and believe in his loyalty enough to promote him, or was he just promoted so that he would be able to shoot at who he was supposed to and maybe get lucky.

It seems that the current leaders of this world, as well as many of the older bloodlines, think that Made promotions have been granted too freely in generations past. While I am excited to get my button. I am glad to see that we have leaders who are putting some real thought into who receives them. I believe that this will create better leaders for the next generations and will help to strengthen the families we have in this generation.

Sorry to have been so long winded in that but to sum everything up. I now know, after months of effort in this thing of ours, what being a Made Man and above entails. I have to petition the leaders of our families though. Please make new mafioso aware of the importance of this, it will help them to gain respect and not take things for granted when they are granted to them.

Amadeo steps down off of his soap box wondering if that made as much sense to those listening as it did to him. With his brow furrowed as if in thought, Amadeo_Macelli slowly walks away from the busy intersection toward his HQ to find solace in a glass of bourbon.
Report Post Tip
Cunts still wont make you huh
Report Post Tip
whoa whoa you coulda just said "they still won't make you huh?

why cunt? thats hella disrespectful think before you talk!
Report Post Tip
Whoa, I don't mean any disrespect, all I'm saying is that this prick went through all of this, and the cunts won't promote him.
Report Post Tip
Alise hears the exchange passing-by and coughs:

Someone doesn't value their life.
Report Post Tip
You know Alise is right, Amadeo you need stand up and take what's yours, show those bastards your value.
Report Post Tip
Even though this piece of shit (pun intended) doesn't understand respect, hopefully his future children will.

MagicMan takes out his pistol and aims at Poop. He pulls it aside and whips him across the face

Learn some respect before you say things like that.

Any who, back to the topic at hand. As you may have learned, you are most likely in a much better, and more stable family than your father's. No disrespect meant towards the ancestors of your father's family, but what they did was wrong. Your father was their pony, essentially. I remember the first time my family line was able to receive the button. Oh what a joyous day that was. Unfortunately it was short lived, as the family was attacked soon after. But remembering all of the hard work I had put into it, the month of working hard, was good enough for me. It is just a shame that your family couldn't "earn" it for the right reasons. I mean no disrespect to your family, Sir, but I hope this time around, your family can earn the button for the reasons of respect, hard work, and other things that are essential to a well-developed Made Man. Not just a family crew leader hoping you hit a shot.

Good day to you. I hope your journey to Made Man is just as quick as I hope mine to be.
Report Post Tip
Listens to the mafioso's speech..nodding his head to some of the points

"I am glad to see that we have leaders who are putting some real thought into who receives them".. Although that sentence seems very truthful and heartfelt, in my eyes this rank is being given away and not earned properly these days.

Looks around.. making sure the police are not close..

It is nice to see a young mobster like yourself in the streets conducting speeches and becoming active in our world, and for what I wish you good luck on your Made Man journey Sir... You have been more active by this thread than some Made Man will ever be.. so for that I will commend you.
Report Post Tip
Thank you Striph, I was just trying to share some thoughts I had.

As a general response:

I was not trying to imply that I deserve to be made yet. I was simply stating that it is nice to see that some thought has been put into people being made by my current leader. I mean no disrespect to my father's family leaders though. It may be that he rightfully earned his button. I'm not sure. He was very active in the business districts and also in the HQ. All I was trying to say was that when my father first came to these shores and since I have been around are very different times. The Made buttons got passed around before the war and do not seem to be passed around as much currently. I realize that there are still probably some people being Made who, in some peoples' eyes, have not earned it, however, I think that for the most part, the leaders are putting more thought into their decisions about it.
Report Post Tip
There is a conflict between the needs of the boss and the needs of the non-made member. Everyone wants to get made but not everyone deserves it. It is more beneficial for both the boss and the member for them to be promoted. The boss looks stronger by having stronger members. However, as a community we neglect to take this as seriously as it should. Made men are killed all the time. They are supposed to be untouchable. If a made man kills a non-made man should he or she really be killed for it? Doesn't that put less value into the position? What real benefit are we given for this rank? Being made is not all it's cracked up to be simply because it is just a label and nothing more. I think if we are going to take the rank seriously we need to really address these issues.
Report Post Tip
Well lets have a look at what a person gets "made" for.

IRL a man might be made for:

1. Sorting out a problem,

2. showing initiative that earns the family more cash and/or respect,

3. Make heaps of money,

4. Saving the life of a more senior family member,

5. Coming up with a way in which the family can make more money,

6. all of the above, and

7. others that i haven't thought of but probably involve the amount of MONEY bought into the family.

Now put that into a game perspective, you can't whack anyone without permission, saving someones life is pretty rare, the game only allows income from game resources.

I bet that there has never ever been someone "made" because of the respect he shows. Only in the case of proven reliability and earnings.

So how in this game would anyone qualify if not for cash?, yes the CL can require you to be active in forums ect. but not everyone has no life, should they be punished because RL is more important?

I guess that most CL look for some kind of balance and that should suit most people.
Report Post Tip
In real life a made man has the authority to give permission to whack non-made men. A made man works under a capo and the people that work under the made man are typically the guys that want to join. I can agree with the reasons one would get it in real life. Typically has to do with heaps and heaps of money. They also have to be able to trust you. Typically what happens before you get made is you have a meeting. In this meeting they want to know everything about you. Exactly where you grew up, who you grew up with, where you went, what you did, etc. They want to see if you're lying or not. It's like an interview only you could leave dead if you've been hiding something and it comes out.

That's one thing that I have never heard of happening here.
Report Post Tip
hears the commotion made by the young man named poop and shakes his head thinking about how calling someones leader could not be meant as disrespect before turning his attention to the topic in hand

Amadeo it's a good few points you have brought up here.

Starting off with your point that you father was promoted during the war, this is something I have seen quite a few times. People that were still proving themselves, that had not done enough to earn there promotion, getting it just because the family is at war. In a way I understand why it happens but I personally see it as a slap in the face of the people that have put the effort in and done all the hard work needed to earn it and then seeing someone just handed it because its wartime.

Moving on from that lets say hypothetically the person survives and then eventually the question arises towards his next promotion, sure he still hasn't earned it but do they just give him that one as well or do they have to wait until another war breaks out to get to the next level. like I say each to there own but its something I personally dislike.

Yourself Amandeo looks like you know what it means to be given the honour of being considered to become a made man I see a lot of people who think just because they can have it they deserve it and not many people who would say "I know I don't deserve it so I better forget about it or decide to do something about it" just because you think you deserve it doesn't mean the Boss does and they are the people who will have the final say in the matter.

I will share with you a story from a long time ago when one of my own ancestors had a small family of his own - I seem to always do this - an old family friend joined him and her bloodline had known mine for quite sometime.

Now this person was always striving to get to the next rank in the shortest time possible and a few days after joining my ancestor the opportunity came up to give this person her button, my forefather thought rightly decided she may have done enough to be considered the honour she had not gave enough to the current family to deserve it.

Then it started...the person started asking questions "was her promotion due" "Why hadn't she been promoted" "when was it coming" even going as far as questioning the gods in search for her answers. When she was told that although it was possible for her to be promoted I didn't think she had contributed enough to the family at that time she turned around and mentioned something about after all the things our families had been through.

Yeah she actually thought because our ancestors had been through a lot together she was going to be walking down easy street and not have to put the effort in like anyone else. needless to say she was killed not too long after that so what I was trying to say with that is its alright to be ready for the honour but you must have earned it.

Malc walks off wondering if he should shorten his ramblings in the street in the future
Report Post Tip
Thank you malc. That basically backs up the point I was trying to make. I think that everyone, not just bosses, should be shown, from the start, the importance of the family upper structure. Not just made, that was just an example. I think that knowing the importance and what it takes to be made, and higher, will help people to understand and not bitch as much when they're not getting it. My boss put up a poster in our HQ telling us what he expected of us if we wanted to become made men. I recommend that all bosses do something of that nature. It would benefit all of us.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Man Made Men
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL